Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sao Paolo Brazil??

Does anyone have any connects in Brazil. I know its pretty random but Im gonna be in Sao Paolo for the summer and was lookin for any possible work down there or whatever - bartendin, DJ, the like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

hmmmm....going to be mighty tough to get that kind of temporary work down here, even if you're already fluent in Portuguese. Anyway, bartenders/waiters/etc are paid almost nothing and don't get tipped.

lots of DJs here already...scene is local-heavy and pretty tight....don't know of any outsiders doing any sort of work like that.

good luck!

yeah like elrid said....don't get a job bartending...they don't get tipped like they do here, and even if you do get a job, you'll be lucky to be making more than US$250 a month. DJing might be tough too...lots of good DJs down there. Sao Paulo has really good nightlife in general....there's dozens of clubs, and there's gotta be thousands and thousands of bars. If you're definetely going, you might wanna check out getting a temp job teaching english...it's relatively easy to find, especially since you're a fluent speaker....and it pays very well compared to other jobs...you might get like up to US$1000 a month (R$2000)....which for brazil standards is very good. I lived there for 6 months....shit is MAD cheap down there, with the exception of cars, and imported stuff. Compared to jersey/NYC prices you're gonna find everything ridiculously cheap...housing, food, transportation.... and especially partying. Like the most expensive club to get into costs something like US$25 (avg ~ US$15), which is typically less than what you'd pay for Exit/Twilo/SF/Wherever

With respect to clubs in general....it's been a while since I've been there, but I remember Lov.E being pretty good (great DnB thursday nights). Also UTurn was ok (exit type crowd, no longer called that I think)....plus some others...it all depends on what you're into...same deal as in the city...different nights, different shit.

Any way if you want more details, just email me dr0ne@hotmail.com and I can help you out....when I went I pretty much settled within a week, got a place and everything....BTW if you don't speak portuguese, you're gonna have a hard time...you should at least know a bit of spanish 'cuz not a lot of ppl there speak english...but are generally very friendly towards foreigners and will try to help you out. Ppl in clubs too are very very friendly towards americans/foreigners...kinda like the opposite you see in NYC :/ but then again they don't get as many as we do in the city.

peace!

[This message has been edited by dr0ne (edited 04-14-2001).]

FYI, if you're here already, don't miss Skol Beats this weekend at the Interlagos Autodrome. Good raves are few and far between here, this is the best of the year.

Marky, Digweed, MauMau, lots of goodness to be found,

check out http://www.guiasp.com.br/mostra_evento.asp?canal=3&id=22161

Clubbing:

Start at BoTechno before 1am to figure out what's going on that night. Lov.e is always a good choice, followed by Manga Rosa after hours starting at 5 or 6am. Stereo in Barra Funda is a bit of a hike, but worth it for the system. If you're feeling like a really heavy after-hours, try A Loca downtown...

Hundreds of other choices for sure and friendly-ish locals - as per Drone - but tough to wade through the shite sometimes!

drop me a line at elrid@hotmail.com for more info (I'll be here for a while).

e

------------------

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do

hell yeh i went to skol beats last year that shit was off the hook! oakie, optical, avh, f. knuckles....man that line up last year was sick, and this year I hear it's gonna be even better. too bad I'm back in the US :/ funniest shit though, the whole party's sponsored by a beer company. only in brazil man... :P

drOne n Eldrid,

Thanks for the replies and info and stuff. So its gonna be hard to DJ down there huh? I would teach English but the thing is i only know a little portugese. I know a lot of Spanish though. Also, Im a teacher now so was lookin for a break from that.

I figured it was cheap and whatnot, cause the place im stayin at gives breakfast, dinner, laundry and totally furnished living for like 15$ a day, or 350$ a month. Thats cheap!

As for the jobs, we'll see i guess.

Thanks again,

Rich

------------------

Don't Believe the Hype