Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ EQUIPMENT

skip1z

About all you need is a pair of Techics 1200 turntables and a Numark mixer. These are a little pricey, but qual-i-ty. You can find equipment at general music stores like (in CA, not sure about NJ) Guitar Center. You can also get stuff from mail-order mags like Musician's Friend. Also OUTSTANDING places to check are pawn shops, sometimes you can get a great deal.

check out stuff on Ebay. they got good shit for cheap prices. or other auctions too like DJauctionworld.com or yahoo or amazon.

canal street got good prices too but u gotta talk them down. i used to love going there when everything was stolen like years ago now they cracked down a lot. u can get good CD's there too for 5$, mainly hip hop and bootlegs but this one guy up one block from broadway towards chinatown always has the good sound factory and exit cd's. his stand has a big sign that says "Freestlye and Mix CD's" check it out

I don't think you need to start out with a pair of techniqs. They are really expensive- you can get buy just fine on gemeni or other cheaper tables- just make sure they are direct drive and have pitch adjustment. The MOST important thing you need is to find a good record shop. Go there and listen to hundred's of records till you find the right kind of kick ass vinyl you want to mix with. I use an old techniqes I bought used and a Fisher I also bought used. Of course you will need a mixer -it will cost about $100-$200. Try to get ahold of a Pro Sound catalog they have some deals and also some dj packages. Good luck- it is addicting

I disagree with morealiens, why buy cheap shit that'll break down in a year...go with the best equipment from the start...yea it might be a little more expensive, but it'll last and you won't waste money in a year when you want to upgrade. Gemini makes ok mixers, but I'd go with vestax or rane, same thing, more expensive, but they last.

BUY TECHNICS 1200.. you can get them used for 300 each. The reason you need the 1200s is, if you continue djing for a while you wiull eventually need the technics and wont be able to sell your used geminies for shit. If you give up DJing you can sell your used 1200s right back for close to what you paid for it.

Spen money on the turntables, get a cheap mixer.. and some vinyl, and learn how to beatmatch!

checkout these links

http://www.mac.ndirect.co.uk/indextips.htm http://music.hyperreal.org/

dj jb