Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 4/8/09

weyes

there are a number of health concerns one should not just brush aside and ignore. if someone is compelled to mention a health problem to an acquaintance (meaning someone s/he hardly knows), it must be bothering the afflicted party quite a lot. these include, but are not limited to the following things, all that i have heard recently at work from people i barely know:

1. "i can't use shampoo at all 'cause it makes me break out."

2. "i hear voices, but it's no big deal."

3. "hey, what do hives look like? are these hives? what do you think this rash is? is it something i ate? i didn't use a new detergent or anything... or maybe my roommate was around cats or something. but it's all over my body and if i scratch it it gets all raised and red. i'm totally freaking out. does anyone here know what hives look like? should i google it or what?"

ok, in the case of #1, settling for greasy, dirty, smelly hair all-year round is not acceptable. assuming that one is allergic to all shampoo invented is ridiculous, unless s/he really is just looking for an excuse not to wash. but seriously, if s/he really is allergic to shampoos s/he has tried, s/he should see a dermatologist.

person #2 should see a psychiatrist. really.

it turned out, when i asked her, that person #3 had been taking antibiotics; she failed to mention that in her anxiety attack where she theorized about every other cause she should come up with. but if she had called the doctor who prescribed those pills like any rational person would have done, she and i wouldn't have had that waste-of-time of a conversation and she would've felt better sooner.

if one has decent insurance, there is no excuse for ignoring health concerns. one just needs to remember that everything is valid. whether major or minor, every issue is worth addressing.

tune in tomorrow.