Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Song to play as the ball drops?

twilogoddess

my opinion... i think to end the year 2000 should be with Venga Boys - Kiss - Airscape Mix

Good build-up and popular song. have to play something that everyone knows.

take some time and practice when to start the track. if you have the mp3, i think around 2m 50s is around the time it hits (build-up ends). get it around 2m 40s when the count down begins at 10 and you should be set!

damn i'm playing it right now and it's getting me hyped up already =)

~Alex

I came across Junior Vasquez's set from Twilo last year....he played some ridiculous country song that went "The 20th century is almost over..almost over..almost over.." Then went into Fuck the Millenium...it was nuts...I was thinking maybe Ofortuna 2000, but I kind of like that Kiss idea....it would be rough to get it at the right time, especially if everyone is trying to cram in front of the tv and scramble for that midnight hookup!

BG

------------------

ruhardhouse@yahoo.com

IBclubbin@aol.com

email for gig info

ibclubbin,

make a decision yet? how about you just post the song you've decided to go with and then we'll vote yes or no...

yeah i know the kiss thing is going to be a bit hard to perfect. i guess you'll have to mess around with the effects... if you know it's going to hit too soon then echo fade out. have channel 2 cued up and drop it when the countdown reaches 0.

if you d/l one of dj tiesto's mix (think it's live at energy 2000) at around 26:00 he plays kiss and gets the crowd really hyped up... that's where i got the idea from. listen for yourself =)

laters,

Alex

Well I just found out im not going to have the main room at the party I was hoping for, so i might not even have the crowd I was hoping for...I might get the room full of sorority girls and cheezball guys, so i might not get to play anything good till later cwm33.gif

However, were I to be in the middle of the mix, at this point, Id have to go with Kiss...its a favorite of a few friends who will be there, so at least i know theyd be pumpin

BG

------------------

ruhardhouse@yahoo.com

IBclubbin@aol.com

email for gig info