Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who's the better dj/producer?

djtzonix

as of the past year i'd have to say jp as well

he put out a ton of tracks and had some great tracks. but as of their whole career i'd say vicious

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

JP put simply more slammin tracks out then JV this year but be prepared for JV to put some hot shit out in 2001..... cwm4.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

---its my life and I'm livin' it now!---you don't even know me!!!---

[This message has been edited by dog6 (edited 01-17-2001).]

... Vicious has put out more BIG club anthems then JP has ...

But on the other hand JP has done remixes for some of the most recognizable names in music ... But JV is more recognized through out the world ... So what I'm getting at is, that it's way to hard to say who's the better producer.

my opinion:

JVs 2 best remixes:

Brainbug - Rain

React - let's go all the way

JPs 2 best remixes:

Debrah Morgan - Dance with me

Kelly Price - You should have told me

------------------

" cAn sOmEoNe PlEaSe HeLp Me, I'vE sEeM tO hAvE LoSt SoMeThInG ... MY MIND "

yeah but if you want to get REALLY detailed, maybe JV had more overall anthems, but Johnathan's Whitney RMX was insane, played for sooooo long, AND went mainstream..

I think johnathan is great, but he needs to change his bassline in some of his tracks.. but I still love his style smile.gif

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

It all depends on your meaning of better.

If I had to pick i would go with JP any second, JV didnt really impress me when I heard him twice at the tunnel.

As far as producing goes JP has been putting out tracks like crazy lately but most of them are local to sf smile.gif I rarely hear anyone play his shit at other clubs. Plus I bet no one knows who JP is outside the NYC area or the places he spins in.

I like JP's "In the Midnight hour." That is definetly an anthem. This year, Peters put out some good anthems. But none can compare to any of JV's creations. "Take your shirts off," "Let's go all the way," "Moments," "Do it properly," "I'm in Love," and many more. He is a defined, superb producer/remixer. This year he hasn't shined with much, but he's always on point and when his work is released, I am hardly ever dissatisfied.

Without a doubt, Johnny Vicious is my preference.

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

... Vicious has put out more BIG club anthems then JP has ...

But on the other hand JP has done remixes for some of the most recognizable names in music ... But JV is more recognized through out the world ... So what I'm getting at is, that it's way to hard to say who's the better producer.

my opinion:

JVs 2 best remixes:

Brainbug - Rain

React - let's go all the way

JPs 2 best remixes:

Debrah Morgan - Dance with me

Kelly Price - You should have told me

I gotta disagree with you on this one...

Ill take "Ill Fly with You and "The Best Things" from JV and "Sunshine" and "My Love" over those....I never get sick of SUnshine and even though My Love makes my ears bleed now, it was ridiculous back then

BG

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!