Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone with adaptec program help please

I read several threads from the past and some seem to be using adaptec to burn cds. I've been having problems recently and could use a little help. My audio files don't seem to be recognized or listed in my music folder until I show all files as an option. When I try and drag the mp3 file, I get this message in verbatim (using the song DJ Mcguyver - Do You as an example):

The "C:\Program Files\music\DJ Mcguyver - Do You.mp3" file has an unrecognized file extension. Valid extensions are .WAV and .MP3. Please select a file with a .WAV or .MP3 file extension.

I've tried various things such as changing the path extension in the folders option, installing and reinstalling adaptec, but to no luck. Would appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks!

Thanx for everyone's help. A friend of mine just helped me and if anyone else has this problem where adaptec doesn't recognize your audio mp3 files, use winamp to convert into .wav. It's an extra process (adaptect normally converts it for you...adaptec version easy cd creator v4.02 or higher) but you'll be able to burn on adaptec afterwards. In winamp, options -> preferences -> there's an option where the songs you play will convert into .wav.

Thanks again everyone and thanks to the person who helped me with this problem and who happens to be on this board.

Shades of Grey

I think Adaptec is great. You just have to set it up right(Thats what I have learned from experence). You may have to up date your softrware from the web sight. You may have an older version and thats why it is not working. Try calling tech support if not. They are very helpfull. Hope this helps.

adaptec is a piece of trash...nero works really good.and if you have the demo ,theres key generators floating around, if you dont wanna pay the 50 bucks

------------------

"thats the sound of your braincracking"

Originally posted by pipdaddy:

NERO...get Nero burning cd program...you don't need to convert to .wav..just click and drag the .mp3 file...and you don't have to worry about inflating the files and using up hard drive space..

I tried using the nero program. It's fairly straight forward and simple to use but when I try burning a cd, I get an error message and my burner locks up. I'm using the yamaha 8/8/24 internal burner. Is anyone else having this problem?

i always had problems with internal burners.i tried different brands..but the same shit.so i got an external burner.havent had a problem since...that probably doesnt help anyone........but have you tried any tech-support.my burner has a web-site with some simple trouble-shooting tips and error message solutions...or just call the manufactuer support line.

------------------

"thats the sound of your braincracking"