Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Goa / Psytrance Parties

Guest RelaxedHigh

Guest RelaxedHigh

Hi there,

I'll spend the next 2 weeks in Miami. There must be some outdoor Psy/Goa Parties in this place, aren't there?

I'd be very thankful for hints.

P.S.: My friend is interested in Drum'N'Bass/Breakbeats ... any tips for that?

Greets

Relaxed

Guest pod

You'd think, but no on the goa parties.

As for drum n bass, check this board for announcements, the promoters usually put the listings up...

Guest endymion

It is indeed. Run by a friend of mine who promotes drum & bass events. From Beatcamp, they bring in all kinds of great d&b.

I try to mention them as much as possible because they are kind enough to mention CoolJunkie whenever possible.

Guest endymion
Ummm...the website was for a bank. ???

Actually now that I went back to it I guess my cables lines got crossed somehow. WTF?! ::)

Just say 'no' to drugs, kids.

Guest JMT
Goa/Psy Trance, according to my understanding is a little more mellow, funky Trance. Go to www.di.fm and you can hear some of it (also known as www.digitallyimported.com). Best online radio station, in my opinion, by the way.

and trippy, with "middle eastern" type sounds and chants, i think.

Guest LeVeL
Goa/Psy Trance, according to my understanding is a little more mellow, funky Trance. Go to www.di.fm and you can hear some of it (also known as www.digitallyimported.com). Best online radio station, in my opinion, by the way.

DigitalImported.com is what I always listen to when I am at work. I can always change the styles of electronica, and even dj mixes this website has totally changed the way I listen to music @ work. I will never again listen to FM radio again!

Guest Diabolique

It's a favorite genre of mine that I thought died out ages ago. Nice to hear it's still around. Paul Oakenfold used to create songs under the name "Man With No Name" He made a song called 'sugar rush' that is so awesome. I almost had it tattooed in french on my ankle, that's how good it was! ;D ::)

memories...

alright! a di.fm endorsement! di is bad ass. they have live shows about once a week, and there's some sort of special show every day @ 2pm. they're even putting in some live video shows, which are pretty cool. watching a live nightclub in sweden is pretty interesting when i'm sitting at my desk at work.

do you guys post on di? i have the same screenname on there. i know i've seen andrew chibale on there.

Guest JMT

It's a favorite genre of mine that I thought died out ages ago. Nice to hear it's still around. Paul Oakenfold used to create songs under the name "Man With No Name" He made a song called 'sugar rush' that is so awesome. I almost had it tattooed in french on my ankle, that's how good it was!  ;D ::)

memories...

in the US, it pretty much did die out. That song "Sugar Rush" is good. I never knew M.W.N.N. was Oakey's alias, i have it on the very old cd of his called Fluoro. Oakey embraced goa for a while, like on that cd "voyage into trance."

Guest antonio

[glow=red,2,300]Goa/Psytrance:[/glow] a fast-paced, repetitive and with no progression at all form of trance that uses many synths, melody, and eastern sounds. Its fast pace and repetition make this genre uninteresting and monotonous. As a genre, goa/psytrance is out of the picture but freaks around the globe still gather at secluded locations around the world and have given this genre a cult-like status. Check out the Tsunami tour and Flying Rhino Records at www.flying-rhino.co.uk

Guest Diabolique

in the US, it pretty much did die out.  That song "Sugar Rush" is good.  I never knew M.W.N.N. was Oakey's alias, i have it on the very old cd of his called Fluoro.  Oakey embraced goa for a while, like on that cd "voyage into trance."  

I remember a compilation CD that had M.W.N.N. and Ayahuschka songs on it. I wish I could remember it, and find it, I really miss some of those songs. What all is on "voyage into trance"? and where does Goa reside these days? I heard about stuff in Thailand at full moon parties, but that's it...

Guest JMT

I remember a compilation CD that had M.W.N.N. and Ayahuschka songs on it. I wish I could remember it, and find it, I really miss some of those songs. What all is on "voyage into trance"? and where does Goa reside these days? I heard about stuff in Thailand at full moon parties, but that's it...

the Fluoro album was a double cd that had a few MWNN tracks on it.

got this off the net, tracks on "Voyage into Trance"

1. Trancemission 5:11

2. Sly-Ed / Man with No Name 5:16

3. Aliens 6:12

4. Teleport / Man with No Name 5:53

5. Superbooster / Infinity Project 4:43

6. Wicked Warp 4:46

7. Voyager III 3:20

8. New Moon 4:11

9. Feeling Weird / Infinity Project 6:19

10. Slinky Wizard / Slinky Wizard 8:45

11. Fat Buddha 11:45

12. LSD / Hallucinogen 6:12

Guest antonio
Thanks Antonio  :)

Hey, by the way, nice pictures. What venue are the other pictures of December from?

Guest RelaxedHigh

IMHO the best psytrance webradio is HBR1 (www.hbr1.com). they have 3 stations: Psytrance, Ambient and House

Goa has a very large spectrum. It can be a psychedelic mixture of 60's guitar sounds and technobeats. BUt nowadays it's something between techhouse and progressive trance with very trippy tribal sounds ... at least in europe.

Check infected mushroom ... best psytrance project I know :)

Guest antonio
IMHO the best psytrance webradio is HBR1 (www.hbr1.com). they have 3 stations: Psytrance, Ambient and House

Goa has a very large spectrum. It can be a psychedelic mixture of 60's guitar sounds and technobeats. BUt nowadays it's something between techhouse and progressive trance with very trippy tribal sounds ... at least in europe.

Check infected mushroom ... best psytrance project I know :)

Yup, infected mushroom is truly one of the best psytrance around