Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drama in bed

Guest endymion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Oh that's just dandy. First of all, security shouldn't be drinking on the job. Second of all, it's wonderful to know an armed thug is in charge over there.

Guest endymion

Well I really doubt that he is in charge any more.

Sure was entertaining reading in today's Herald though. There is this lady who writes a column for the Herald, she basically just monitors the police reports all week for interesting nuggets. Found one...

I drink on the job constantly.  I don't carry a gun around while I'm doing it though.  That's the only part that made me nervous.

when I bartended I used to get totally wasted!  that was the best part. The only thing I had in arms reach was a LI Iced Tea, not a handgun! drinkin on the job is fine, i think, as long as you are a rational person.  this big dude obviously had a big chip on his shoulder and a violent streak in his blood.  Sometimes big people get that way, like big animals.  

Guest djdimaggio

security.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]THERE IS NO REASON TO CARRY A HANDGUN WHEN YOU ARE BOUNCING.  I'M LESS THAN 6' BUT A BIT STOCKY AND WAS A BOUNCER IN HELLS KITCHEN NYC AND NEVER CARRIED A GUN.  AND TO BE DRUNK WHILE YOU ARE CARRYING. THAT'S PURE BULLSHIT.  THAT GUY SHOULD BE STRIPPED OF HIS PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON AS WELL AS HIS LICENSE TO BOUNCE...THAT IS...ASSUMING HE HAD ONE![/glow]

Guest coach

You guys are missing the *really* shocking part of this story: An $83 bar tab for 10 drinks?!?! On South Beach?!?! Is that all??? What, is he getting a big employee discount?

U need a license to strip, are you serious, so how does one obtain a license to strip, u have to go take a class or something, wtf is up with that!!!

Damon 2.0

Guest endymion

Right, JMT. I have a permit myself and in Florida your concealed permit isn't even valid in a place like BED because it has a bar. I think that the rule is that if the place makes 50% of their revenues from booze or more then your permit is invalid and you're just another concealed-carrying felon if you get caught. That's 50% at any point, specifically to blanket restaurants that turn into nightclubs.

The Miami Beach police station is three blocks from BED. The crowd in BED isn't a rough one. There is NO reason for that guy or any other bouncer on the beach to be carrying a gun. That guy was a scary liability and I'm glad that he got himself into trouble before he got pissed off and shot somebody. He obviously has some power and control issues.

Guest pod

It gets a little thugged out during the week, but overall it's not a situation that demands an armed guard.

I wonder if managment was aware of his weapon?

Guest endymion

They are now.

I wish that I knew exactly what this Lauren Jacobson guy looked like, so that I could avoid ever going to any club where he's working security. I don't want me or any of my friends to take any stray bullets to the skull the next time this guy gets drunk and has a power and control fit.

Guest endymion

Well see that's the whole point of the Herald posting Lauren Jacobson's name after the incident.

Lauren, if you're reading this and you feel the need to shoot at me now, I have dark hair and I'm always carrying a pro digital Canon camera with me everywhere I go. I'll be near the DJ booth usually.

Guest saintjohn

regarding the legality of carrying inside a club, wouldn't one need at least a d-class security license? i can't imagine having an armed bouncer, but nightclubs do have other security concerns besides violent patrons (armed robberies come to mind).

Guest pod

Lauren, if you're reading this and you feel the need to shoot at me now, I have dark hair and I'm always carrying a pro digital Canon camera with me everywhere I go.  I'll be near the DJ booth usually.

I guess i need to go shopping?

673.jpg

Unless he's carrying a Desert Eagle or something, this should do. 8)

Guest endymion

An armed robbery at BED, on Washington Ave, three blocks from the police station, during business hours?

Your ability to give the guy the benefit of the doubt is admirable, but the simplest possible explanation is that BED made the mistake of hiring a frightening, armed, violent sociopath with a drinking problem.