Clubplanet Nightlife Community

saleens review of morillo

Guest Eddy Guerra

Guest bcnjunkie

I know I said I was done but I must interject and say that this post truly is a bit ridiculous...im sorry Coach, but in no way should a publication only post good things...criticism and being honest when an event or elements of it sucked is essential to keep things FAIR AND BALANCED.  I dont think CJ readers come here because the writers are mere ambasaddors of fun.  

Now, the problem with saleen clearly is that he does some great criticism, and backs it up, yet he makes it all null and void when he gets over the top and goes too far with things.....

and Pod, i must address your Howard Stern analogy too.  Howard Stern is funny.  Saleen is rarely clever or witty enough to be considered even comparable to Stern.  Stern's political satire and such is hilarious, but how do you think NYer's reactions would be if he, in his studio here in ny, said "all new yorkers know nothing about music...all new yorkers suck!."...please he'd be driven out of his office....instead he tailors his arguments and insults intelligently,(and mainly sexually) and this appeals to his audience....

MY BOTTOM LINE:  Any intelligent worldly person with half a brain would dismiss saleen's reviews as unintelligent, brash, uninformed, negative without reason, unecessarily rude, and downright stupid at times...the weakest link.  This person would identify the potential of his writing, but in the end would dismiss it as the rants of a meatball; a turkey meatball at that.  

my point exactly !, except that I don't think he backs up his view very well ! p.s. I think Howard Stern is awesome & in no way compares to the style of Saleen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie
not sure how many clicks my EM review got, but look at the views of just the thread about the review..

i must be doing something right...

no you are pissing people off, and when they are outraged, they speak up !

Guest endymion
no you are pissing people off, and when they are outraged, they speak up!

I'm not outraged but I am pretty embarrassed. I do not have the opportunity to point friends and new contacts toward CJ's collection of world-class journalism as long as his rambling flames pollute the archives.

Imagine me pointing a potential new investor at our site and the first thing they read is that Morillo review. That happened to me this week.

I'm not outraged but I am pretty embarrassed.  I do not have the opportunity to point friends and new contacts toward CJ's collection of world-class journalism as long as his rambling flames pollute the archives.

Imagine me pointing a potential new investor at our site and the first thing they read is that Morillo review.  That happened to me this week.

tell them my last em review got the attention of the ibiza newspapers...

Guest bcnjunkie

tell them my last em review got the attention of the ibiza newspapers...

they were more interested in the Space closing aspect, the same was happening in Barcelona at the time, with close ties to Ibiza, with clubs like La terrrazza which were tried to be shut down.  La terrrazza has close association with Privilege and their residents spin at Pacha. Salsitas group was going through the same thing with danzatoria who own Pin Up in Ibiza. Also, Space Ibiza had been under scrutiny since it's owned by some pretty influential people in Spain, like I said before misinformed thus NO CREDIBILITY

Guest web_norah

hey we gotta get Philipio to write CJ reviews...LOL, he also has a few less inflammatory things to add sans ripping people apart..... :o

Guest coach
lol, now you are saying, lets only post good stuff...

wow i really need to smash my stapler on my desk into my skull for an hour, because you make NO FUCKING SENSE!!!!

What I said is that I have seen it done before in other publications and it worked really well. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense.

Guest endymion

Coach, you're communicating clearly, he just doesn't know how to mention that he disagrees with you without the use of shift-lock, rude language, or insults.

He's acting out to get attention. Just like Brittney Spears, Madonna and Janet Jackson. The publicity stunts do work but some of us lose just a little more respect each time it happens.

they were more interested in the Space closing aspect, the same was happening in Barcelona at the time, with close ties to Ibiza, with clubs like La terrrazza which were tried to be shut down.  La terrrazza has close association with Privilege and their residents spin at Pacha. Salsitas group was going through the same thing with danzatoria who own Pin Up in Ibiza. Also, Space Ibiza had been under scrutiny since it's owned by some pretty influential people in Spain, like I said before misinformed thus NO CREDIBILITY

i was asked to write them reviews.... they got my email from nick, and they wanted me to write reviews for them. I have a pm in my in box for a magzine that wants to interview me. Even loft magazine contacted me to write a review for them... i can keep going if you want.. your saleen bashing is so clear thus why no one gives a fuck what you write, i could say the sky is blue and you would argue that fact since it's me saying it..

Guest bcnjunkie

i was asked to write them reviews.... they got my email from nick, and they wanted me to write reviews for them. I have a pm in my in box for a magzine that wants to interview me. Even loft magazine contacted me to write a review for them... i can keep going if you want.. your saleen bashing is so clear thus why no one gives a fuck what you write, i could say the sky is blue and you would argue that fact since it's me saying it..

my saleen bashing is due to your inacurate ramblings, review or post !, as far as what I write, some people read it some don't  and yes I get compliments as well. I write because I like it and because I enjoy music.  Still, how convenient that all the things going on in spain happen to coincide with your "asked" review ! NO CREDIBILITY !

my saleen bashing is due to your inacurate ramblings, review or post !, as far as what I write, some people read it some don't  and yes I get compliments as well. I write because I like it and because I enjoy music.  Still, how convenient that all the things going on in spain happen to coincide with your "asked" review ! NO CREDIBILITY !

you lost me... btw your no crediblity thing is lame. people are blowing my pm box up with all these messges about how lame you and norah are at trying to attack me...

get off my jock new jack..

Guest web_norah

if you take criticism as a personal ATTACK, you are dead meat buddy...and who gives a *** that your PM inbox is full, get a grip!!!!!!!! :o