Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roll Call for Sonar Tonight!

CrzyC1414779017

Guest lyrik

Bump this up, gonna be jumpin tongiht....house music all night long. Get ready for some funky ass house....tons of new stuff mixed with some pure gems from the past.

Guest LeVeL

Carisa and Lyrik how was the night yesterday @ Sonar how was the atmospshere was the music out of hand........was there a big turn out since........It was literally raining cats and dogs in South Florida......can u guys inform me how was the night.

Guest lyrik

It was an alright night....rain was terrible and kept people away....bunch a friends from the boards did make it out a little later in the night and that was cool.....cant say that the atmosphere was too great last night there were some things to deal with that will go unmentioned. Thanks a lot to everyone that came out I know last night must have been a bitch to deal with, so that really means a lot that you guys went through the trouble......BBQ is gonna go OFF....I can say it will definitely be one the best parties and most lilkely the first great get together of 2004!

Guest ddg

place was very nice looking...glad to meet you for a sec lyrik....nice tunes you were throwing down...unfortunately bc i think we were there early 10:30-12 and bc of the rain, it wasnt really busy inside...curious to know if it picked up a lot and what time you guys close....

Guest ddg

ooh..do want to mention to not park in the parking lot if you back into the spot.....i got a $90 ticket for backing into a spot....wtf....

my review:

well...get in the club after walking 1 1/2 blocks in the cold down pour...get inside and the place is really really nice...there are a couple of people inside most of them from CP and CJ...i had a beer (didnt want to drink too much that night, with such bad weather i wanted to be as level headed as possible)...there wasnt really too much of a vibe, b/c there was hardly anyone there...and i dont blame people...the weather was terrible and not many people wanted to venture out in that weather...but the music was really good...JC was spinnin when we got there, we missed Lyrik's opening set...but Lyrik later came on and throw down a couple of tracks...overall pretty good night..little empty but the weather was surely to blame...i will def. check this place out again...only one MAJOR complaint...the SOUND..i think that place has a kick ass system, but they either had the system cranked way too high or the the highs were turned all the way up...it was making my ears bleed...good seeing: Mrmiami and GF, Steffy, Lavosdeldiablo, Themrs and Flip, djxl and GF and i met JC...but didnt meet Lyrik :(...overall a good night and extremely bad weather...

Guest AlanS

I thought the night went off well...considering the weather and all. We arrived around 11:00 and Lyrik had the system pumping with his signature Chicago sound. A core group of CP/CJ crew showed and everyone appeared to be having a good time. While the place wasn't packed, around the bar was full and a few people were on and off the dancefloor throughout the night. JC showed and threw down a nice set as well, after which the house DJ decided to join the rotation with some anthems.

The highlight for me muscially was Lyrik's final set, no one trick pony here, he threw down some serious, borderline progressive, banging house. Nice job bro!!!

Overall, I liked the place, good drink prices, hot chicks, decent sound, and cool atmosphere. They could use some lighting over the dancefloor though. Nice hanging with everyone as usual. Look out BBQ, here we come!!!

Guest lyrik

Thanks everyone that came out...it was a little difficult to get things going early on....sound needed to be tweaked....after John got there I think we got the sound going a little better.....wish John and I could have tagged a little longer we were getting going towards the end around 140-2am after the resident was done with his short set...started to really mesh and get good track progression. The sound towards then end of our tagging that we were pushing was nice and tough...I would have liked to kept that going because that was the most fun. Expect to hear more of that at the BBQ! I want to make up for what could have been done on Saturday....weather was insane!

SONAR REVIEW: It was my first time at sonar and I like the place.  The place had a chill atmosphere.  The booth/VIP section over looking the club was awesome I just wished we could have chilled up their longer. The music was on point as I expected because our very own Lyrik was throwing down some funky house.    It was nice to hang out/meet some of the people from CJ/CP: Mrmiami

Lavosdeldiablo, Themrs and Flip, djxl, MACBOY.  I HEARD THAT MRMATAS2277, DDG, And MURSA also drop by but I didn’t see you guys maybe next time.  Who ever didn’t go missed out on some proper house music.  The rain was horrible I don’t know how I made it home I saw two cars flooded right smack in the middle of federal highway and my car almost got flooded as well.  It was a crazy journey home for sure!!  Lyrik thanks for the hospitality.

PEACE MIRZA

8)

Guest lavosdeldiablo
  Overall the music was great except for when the owner decided to get behind the decks.  One word for his set CHEESY!

LoL... We noticed the moment he went on... Weather aside we had a nice time ... Good beats , drinks, and company... Drive home suckkked, but well worth it...

Til next time... 8)

I wasnt there for long, only till about 12 but Lyrik was laying down some nice funky tracks. I love Sonar, the people that run it, the bartender, the atmosphere...EVERYTHING. BUT...the owner LOVES to get behind the decks and he ALWAYS throws off the vibe. I know he owns the place but that doesnt make him a good DJ. Just my 2 cents. Nice seeing you again Lyrik and the rest of the crew. I brought out DDJ and LAP (and bf) from the CJ crew. Iknow Ill be back there this Wed night with some love for Spector and Bside and its also Houze-Kittys Bday..so stop in and say Hello. Sonar is a great chill-out place for a Wed night (alot better than TV). See ya then!

Much Love for Lyrik!!! MUAH!!!

Guest bcnjunkie

Nice tunes all night, rain kinda prevented people from going out I guess, still with a few people, place has vibe and nice look !  hope to see everyone for Juan Mejia ! nice to meet xl and Co.

I wasnt there for long, only till about 12 but Lyrik was laying down some nice funky tracks. I love Sonar, the people that run it, the bartender, the atmosphere...EVERYTHING. BUT...the owner LOVES to get behind the decks and he ALWAYS throws off the vibe. I know he owns the place but that doesnt make him a good DJ. Just my 2 cents. Nice seeing you again Lyrik and the rest of the crew. I brought out DDJ and LAP (and bf) from the CJ crew. Iknow Ill be back there this Wed night with some love for Spector and Bside and its also Houze-Kittys Bday..so stop in and say Hello. Sonar is a great chill-out place for a Wed night (alot better than TV). See ya then!

Much Love for Lyrik!!! MUAH!!!

That's freakin hilarious! Someone should slip him the link to this forum thread!

thanks to all the COOLjunkies that came out to Sonar for lyrik and jc it was great meeting everyone. I appreciate that everyone trooped it in the rain. As far as the comments on my bro's music i think your all just a wee bit OFF but everyone has a right to there opinion. But i thoroughly enjoy reading all your feedback on the place.

Hope to see y'all soon.

inbal

Guest AlanS
Nice tunes all night, rain kinda prevented people from going out I guess, still with a few people, place has vibe and nice look !  hope to see everyone for Juan Mejia ! nice to meet xl and Co.

Nice meeting you too!! Good conversation throughout the night.