Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Afterhours!!!

CrzyC1414779017

OK you afterhours freaks...listen up!!!

Last night I headed over to Vinyl in Ft Lauderdale to check out the new "Progress" afterhours party...let me tell you this place has GREAT potential!!! ;D

Got there about 1:30am (parking is a little strange so look for the signs) and the door guy was very friendly, down to earth...no bullshit.

I had to take a moment to let my eyes adjust cause this place has that dark, creepy, dungeon feel going on and I LOVED IT!!! The venue is small and intimate which is very cool in my book. They have the whole lights and smoke thing going on too. Nothing spectacular but hey...this isnt a MegaClub. The dancefloor has a lovely post that you can dance with and there is a small stage that all you attention whores can dance on.

There is also another small, lounge type room that I believe has a 2nd bar but I cant remember (was only in there for a moment). There are also places to sit (can you believe it!!!) nice couches at the front of the club and another small seating area.

The booth is pretty big...had about 7 of us in there comfortably. I know they were having some probs with the equalizer early on but that was fixed by the time I left.

But heres the BEST part...the MUSIC!!! Got there and our own MIRZA was tearing it up! Im not good at naming all the differnt genres of music so I will do my best...to me it sounded very progressive, dark but not pounding, lots of good buildups and releases...just overall fun music that had my head bobbing and my ass shaking. (He will also be spinning at the BBQ, so check him out there too). Next up was another CJ'er DJDANA...I left pretty early into his set (sleep was calling) but it was more tribal very fun. Unfortunately I didnt get to hang around to hear Hardware, but I am sure he tore the place up. ;)

This party is gonna have some of THE BEST local Djs in the area! Not sure who all is spinning next Friday but for sure but PROFESSORX is going to be on the decks, and let me tell you the man can spin!

The location is FANTASTIC for all us Broward and Palm Beach afterhours people. So I expect to see many of you there in the next few weeks!!! I know I will be there next Friday and I hope to see some familiar faces!

So...Trancelator, DDG, JMT, Apotheosis, LAP, Trancemonkey and all you other aftrehours peeps...you better be there and bring your buddies cause the DJs are gonna tear the place up!!! 8)

Guest ddg

good review..sounds like fun...and god knows i love to have fun...lol...i will def be there in the next couple of weeks to check it out

Guest AlanS

CrzyC hit the nail on the head.  This night has got great potential and the resident list is top notch.  No holds barred underground dance music, deep, and dark.  Anyone looking for a Friday night afterhours spot, Vinyl is the place.

Mirza, Dana, and Hardware all kept the vibe going strong until I bailed around 5:00am for the first installment of this weekly event.  Bring the noise!!!

Also, Hardware treated us to some pre-release tracks on vinyl, produced by some of our very own South Florida producers/DJs, and let me just say, LOOK OUT, these tracks are massive!!!

OK you afterhours freaks...listen up!!!

Last night I headed over to Vinyl in Ft Lauderdale to check out the new "Progress" afterhours party...let me tell you this place has GREAT potential!!! ;D

Got there about 1:30am (parking is a little strange so look for the signs) and the door guy was very friendly, down to earth...no bullshit.

I had to take a moment to let my eyes adjust cause this place has that dark, creepy, dungeon feel going on and I LOVED IT!!! The venue is small and intimate which is very cool in my book. They have the whole lights and smoke thing going on too. Nothing spectacular but hey...this isnt a MegaClub. The dancefloor has a lovely post that you can dance with and there is a small stage that all you attention whores can dance on.

There is also another small, lounge type room that I believe has a 2nd bar but I cant remember (was only in there for a moment). There are also places to sit (can you believe it!!!) nice couches at the front of the club and another small seating area.

The booth is pretty big...had about 7 of us in there comfortably. I know they were having some probs with the equalizer early on but that was fixed by the time I left.

But heres the BEST part...the MUSIC!!!  Got there and our own MIRZA was tearing it up! Im not good at naming all the differnt genres of music so I will do my best...to me it sounded very progressive, dark but not pounding, lots of good buildups and releases...just overall fun music that had my head bobbing and my ass shaking. (He will also be spinning at the BBQ, so check him out there too). Next up was another CJ'er DJDANA...I left pretty early into his set (sleep was calling) but it was more tribal very fun. Unfortunately I didnt get to hang around to hear Hardware, but I am sure he tore the place up. ;)

This party is gonna have some of THE BEST local Djs in the area! Not sure who all is spinning next Friday but for sure but  PROFESSORX is going to be on the decks, and let me tell you the man can spin!  

The location is FANTASTIC for all us Broward and Palm Beach afterhours people. So I expect to see many of you there in the next few weeks!!! I know I will be there next Friday and I hope to see some familiar faces!

So...Trancelator, DDG, JMT, Apotheosis, LAP, Trancemonkey and all you other aftrehours peeps...you better be there and bring your buddies cause the DJs are gonna tear the place up!!! 8)

Thanks for coming! Your review was awesome! See you on Friday. ;D

CrzyC hit the nail on the head.  This night has got great potential and the resident list is top notch.  No holds barred underground dance music, deep, and dark.  Anyone looking for a Friday night afterhours spot, Vinyl is the place.

Mirza, Dana, and Hardware all kept the vibe going strong until I bailed around 5:00am for the first installment of this weekly event.  Bring the noise!!!

Also, Hardware treated us to some pre-release tracks on vinyl, produced by some of our very own South Florida producers/DJs, and let me just say, LOOK OUT, these tracks are massive!!!

those where some killere tracks maybee Hardware will let me borrow them for our set at the BBQ.

Thanks for the support bro.

8)

Guest bcnjunkie

Ummm...yeah ok. Im going Sat morning.lol ;D

BTW...I guess we crossed paths at Sonar this weekend.

not really, when I got there you were probably gone !, work sat., so prob. won't do the afterhours thang !, but prob.hit Sonar again

Guest bcnjunkie
My plan is Vinyl Friday night and BBQ all day Sat. Hope you stop by for some tunes and refreshments. :D

don't know, I've been warned by others on the boards that it's better not to meet some cp'ers. plus I might have to work on sat. 'til the wee hours !!! if I get out early enough, if you go Friday to Vynil, and I don't have to work, I'll make a point to meet ya !

don't know, I've been warned by others on the boards that it's better not to meet some cp'ers.  plus I might have to work on sat. 'til the wee hours !!! if I get out early enough, if you go Friday to Vynil, and I don't have to work, I'll make a point to meet ya !

Dont believe everything you hear..Im alot more fun than you think. LOL ;D

Hope to catch up with you at some point. :P