Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I did something bad today ...

AndrewChibale

Guest endymion

It's all good until those Mexican movie trailers start. Can't handle that part personally.

Still hard to find anything that uses the DVD format better, with surround-mastered sound. That thing paired up with a top-tier sound system is mind-blowing.

Guest pod

Still haven't watched it. I've been meaning to see it just to see the production...I want to see the Tiësto CD, just for the visual elements mainly, the programming and showmanship is outrageous.

there's a lot more to the global CD than just his music....i think its on a much bigger scale, how music is global, and it is really the one of the few pure things we have in this world that doesntcome with borders and divisions--

as a producer myself, I noticed many creative elements in the global DVD that were impressive and creative----like having the table of contents page be the airport signage changing, the effects were perfect--not too complicated and overwhelming but a great complement to the music and visuals...the transitions were very fluid and almost hypnoitizing at times, and the way they used so many visual elements to tell the story...there is no narration, just music and images...the producer changes cities seamlessly by showing shots of planes landing in each cities airport, then you get various, organized images of the culture of the city that was landed in--- it's amazing, and as far as I know, nothing has been done like that by a DJ before, at least not that Ive ever seen. Tiesto made his "Another Day in the OFfice" dvd....and it doesnt even come close to the quality of PVD's Global....Tiesto's dvd is riddled with mistakes, subtitles misspelt and sometimes even wrong, and their editor clearly didnt know what he was donig at moments.===cut off people talking, and more, it could have been tweeked so much more...

there';s a lot more i have to say but i have to go to work..

i gotta say tho, after watching global I was really inspired to leave my current job and pitch doing this for DJs....someday maybe...