Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ school opening in Pembroke Pines Jan 2k4

Guest stryke303

Guest stryke303

taught by me...no...really...

now, before everyone gets their CP panties in a bunch, let me first say that the idea of a school to teach DJing was a joke to me until earlier this year when i was asked to speak at the SAE DJ school in North Miami. What I witnessed there were kids (and adults) who were truly passionate about DJing and wanted to learn as much as possible. I have since removed my elitist attitude toward learning the skill of DJing. DJing is a skill which can be taught and learned. It's what you do with it as an individual which sets you apart....that can't be taught. However, I'm happy to give back a little of what I've learned over the past 16 years (that's right...16) years of DJing back to some people who want to know....so...

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.signalcommunications.net/images/post/spin72.jpg%7Boption%7D

classes start 2nd week of january. you can call the number on the flyer and ask for Chris Schafer.

paz

Guest lyrik
taught by me...no...really...

now, before everyone gets their CP panties in a bunch, let me first say that the idea of a school to teach DJing was a joke to me until earlier this year when i was asked to speak at the SAE DJ school in North Miami. What I witnessed there were kids (and adults) who were truly passionate about DJing and wanted to learn as much as possible. I have since removed my elitist attitude toward learning the skill of DJing. DJing is a skill which can be taught and learned. It's what you do with it as an individual which sets you apart....that can't be taught. However, I'm happy to give back a little of what I've learned over the past 16 years (that's right...16) years of DJing back to some people who want to know....so...

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.signalcommunications.net/images/post/spin72.jpg%7Boption%7D

classes start 2nd week of january.  you can call the number on the flyer and ask for Chris Schafer.

paz

Wow Stryke good for you and better for the students, I know a lot of people that still think that classes like these are jokes. Why, I have no idea. Giving back something that you yourself have gained knowledge in is one of the most selfless acts a person can do, I give major props to teachers and mentors of all types. They nuture our future by passing along knowledge to all willing participants in the hopes of making a difference in this world. Its people like yourself that do in fact make a difference, despite what peope may say.

Guest pod

For sure. It's like me with my photography...anyone asks, I'll explain how I do it...not doing so marks you as a prima-donna prick.

Guest Adam Singer

i plan on attending fullsail after finishing my degree at the University of Florida which I have recently begun attending after community college...

but this dj school idea is very cool, I myself currently am teaching 2 different friends how to mix and really its great how far they've come but I believe I only showed them the basics...they both have turntables now and in my opinion have learned more on their own than I could have ever taught them...i showed them the basics and they took it from there...

i was taught like this by some very very talented dj's in miami a while ago...I came over to their house every weekend for months and spun with them using their tracks until oneday i bought my own tables, started getting my own records, and was hooked...really showing people the basics is what will get them into it and when they get their own decks and start playing around on their own their skills will really start to advance :)

but giving people a push in the right direction never hurts!