Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody out there who still listens to trance?

Guest trancemonkey

I agree,

House music has taken over the Miami nightlife scene. I think it is because the majority of people are latin and they relate to house better. With that said there is also alot of heads who want to return to the days of shadow/mix. Trance needs to be given another chance. What would be better than having house and trance on a given night. Trance has faded away, and I think it is the lack of dj's who can actually spin it right. Not just anybody can spin trance. I've heard alot of cheese out there, and it gives trance a bad name. That is why only european heavyweights can satisfy the miami natives, who have been exposed to the very best since the beginning. The only way the melodies are going to come back is through the next generation of trance dj's. When new and unique styles begin to emerge then will be the time when trance will come back. The local talent has to step up. If not the only time we will ever hear the music we love is when the euro heads drop by. Look out for FLORIDAGROOVES (dj Lotto, dj Igna, and RonyRon) we are definetly listening, 8) and our goal is to bring back the music that started it all.

Guest dSj
I DON'T think he took over rolands spot, i think it just for this week...

According to some of those close with him, it's a weekly thing now.

Guest sanmartindj

I just have one question. what type of music do you guys think will hit it big next??electro maybe??? (god I hope not).

and about the trance thing well, you can relax. isn't level supposed to start playing trance on fridays and hip hop on sat?? who knows maybe more clubs will follow. people are looking for something different something with more diversity, maybe level, priviledge are a sign of it??

by the way how is priviledge doing?

Guest trancemonkey

well, it's good to know other people out there share my same opinion about diversity in music and about trance. I am looking forward to Level (or whatever it is going to be called) and hope it does offer us with some different sounds.

By the way, how IS privilege? Has anyone gone? :D

trancemonkey...i LIVED at Shadow Lounge from 98-2001...and if u remember correctly...at that time what was being played at the Clubs? Trance...u had Trance at Shadow....Mix....Crobar (went it first opened it played trance as well)...Space....now its all house, but things run in cycles...soon something will replace House and the house heads will complain about it...i dont care for trance anymore b/c nothing original is being produced anymore...its all been done and i am starting to feel the same about House...all the productions are "cookie cutter"...i will go listen to trance when certain djs are spinning (Edgar, Scot Project, Tiesto, Scott Bond and some others)...btw, i WILL be at Privelege for Oliver Klein and Christian Smith :o

matas, go see TKC at nerve... It's not miami house, it's real house, trust me meli will love it, and since it's gay night, no one will even look at her, they'll look at you ;D

seriously it's much different house, it's more fun, funky chunkyer with vocals... it's not complex nor tries to be.. it's just fun..

Guest becha

Very interesting thread... (I'm a DJ here in Miami)

I was introduced to electronica through trance in the mid 90's and for the first three years.. that was all I purchased... over time my selection has become more diverse and as of late I find myself purchasing more house / tech-house ...

Not because of where I reside but because it interests me...

I like playing house to start my sets and tech house to transition into something more proggy..... I don't find too much quality trance anymore... it's like 5 house records to 1 trance record .... I still look to buy trance because at heart I'm a QUALITY trance head .. but they have been few and far between...

It's always interesting for me to go and hear a house DJ play here in Miami... There is a fine line when it comes to judging a DJ.... are you going to judge by crowd response or by quality of selection? I personally judge by selection... The reality is that if you were to play a segment of 93.1's regular playlist at Space... everyone would go nuts .... Most clubbers down here don't care about intelligent production... all they care about is huge builds and some DJ pulling on the HORN... :-[

I've had my most enjoyable experience here in Miami with a half empty venue but killer track selection...

Of course all I'm saying is so subjective... just like every post on this site... but that's what this site is for...

I've gone to hear local trance DJ's here as well and they just aren't my cup of tea... The selection here in Miami is very different than what I've grown accustomed to...

The quality of selections found in record shops is another interesting topic as well... There was a point in time when I would travel the state to find music and with out any doubt Gainesville stocked the most interesting / sophisticated music in the state..... now you can't find one record store in GVille.... Point is that there is a totally different element here in Miami when it comes to it's clubbers... maybe that's why Miami is looked upon the way that it is....

I can't conform to this element... it's just not in me.. so I'm going to continue doing what I've done over the last seven years which is to seek out what I consider to be tracks with sophisticated elements in whatever genre they're found... hopefully Miami-an's will consider my selection and I'll start getting some bookings down here.

I've got a mix at the link bellow that encompasses what I consider quality trance.... give it a listen...

It's called "Molecular Dynamics Pt 1"

http://www.modwheel.com/listen/artists/becha.html

becha_logo_sm.jpg

Guest becha
Hey Becha,

help me out here. just wondering what kinda trance is that? i thought it was pretty interesting.

Trancetastic

If you are refering to my "Molecular Dyanamics" mix...  I don't really know how to catagorize it ...  

all I can tell you is that it's the kind of prog house/trance that I'm into....

There is a mix that I made last year called "My Lexicon" that is very progressive....

it's got a real good feel to it

almost commercial but not quite...

I got a lot of positive feedback from it.... and it's been passed around a lot on soul seek....  email me privately at bechamiami@hotmail.com

and I'll send you a copy...

I played trance yesterday on the WOMB... and I really enjoyed the set...  I'm thinking about playing the same genre next week....  

BECHA

Guest becha
trance is still a "topic" ?

Hey Mr. Chibale....

Take it easy ......let us have our trance thread in peace....

Don't forget, I still have all your records and gear in my studio....   it could get ugly  >:(

BECHA

Guest vanbuurenfan

Your an idiot!!!!!!

::)boy ive come across some stupid people in my life, but u take the cake! look up sarcasm in the dictionary fool. congratulations! u are officialy on my shit list along with the retard promoting the nightmare before xmas event!! ;D

Guest LeVeL

::)boy ive come across some stupid people in my life, but u take the cake! look up sarcasm in the dictionary fool. congratulations! u are officialy on my shit list along with the retard promoting the nightmare before xmas event!! ;D

lol