Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What a night! DJ Garfield at Sutra on Halloween.

juxt

Well I couldn't make up my mind till the very last moment. There were so many options and all of them seemed equally lucrative. Finally, I resorted to the only sure thing, Garfield at Sutra.

I had a little skeptism since Sutra aka Allure aka Matrix aka Sutra... was quite a shitty place. The sound was allright but the layout and the overall interior was quite pathetic. Anyways, as soon as we got there I knew it was a totally new club. Even though they didn't change the layout much they did an excellent job at remodelling it. The dancefloor is solid, floors are clean... and the sound is crystal clear.

Whoever was the house DJ was throwing a very mediocre set with awful mixing. All my friends wanted to leave but I had to talk them out of it about 20 times. By about 1 AM the club filled up, by 1:30 Garfield hit the decks and I everyone felt that Halloween is going to happen...

Then I met a girl from Amsterdam who was kind enough to introduce me to her girlfriends. Then, for me, the party went from awesome to insane.  :P

Overall, one of the best and most diverse sets I've heard, considering that Garf had to warm up the crowd since the house DJ did a poor job.

By 2:00 AM Garf took the crowd to the darker side and pulled off something I only heard him do. In the midst banging of trance/progressive set he snuck in a piece of sassy hiphop and the crowd was loving it. Amazing!

At 3:30 AM I walked around the club and there was not a single soul sitting down. People were dancing everywhere, particles of what used to be Halloween costumes where all over the place...

For those of you who didn't go to Sutra, sucks for you :-)