Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need some advice

Bubbles1414779017

Hi folks,

I have read some about clublife in maimi and i see some things that arent quite the same as here in sweden:)

So i have some questions about 'rights and wrongs'.

1 for instance, when is it right with tip and not? And how much?

would a dollar per drink as tip be too little? Do i tip at the door?

2 Is it hard to get in at clubs, like crobar, nerve, opium garden etc.? what time should you be there to be sure to get in?

3 also, some restaurants have 1st and 2nd sittings, What if i wanna eat at 7 and then stay and have some drinks?

4 anything else you can think of that should be good to know.

So i need some advice, i dont wanna give the swedish people the same reputation as the scottish(cheap ones) ;D we already have bad reputation for being drunks..

thanks ppl hope someone will take the time to help me out,

1. a dollar per drink tip is fine...

2. You never tip the door unless you cut the line and slap a 20 or 50 on them so you can get in.

3. opium is hard to get into as with prive. find chicks and pay their way in to get into the clubs..

4. you can eat in sobe at any time, from 5pm to 1am or even later... I suggest you eat at Tantra, but good luck with the price.

5. if you want to get into the clubs, dress up and look like you have $$$$, no jeans etc....

now the clubs downtown they will let you in wearing almost anything...

nerve is no issue you will get in no matter what

crobar is a bitch, get their at 1030pm to get in with zero issues, or find a guestlist or comp list, try the cj homepage...

Hey Bubbles what are you exaclty looking for.

Do you want people that are educated about good music. Do you want the "hot spots" that will be jam packed but the music is only okay?

Crobar and Opium are good , but the door/ line can be a pain.

Nerve is good

Check out Joia / Pure on Fridays for dinner and good music.

For a good dinner check out Joes Stone Crab on Washington, or Tuscan Steak House .

Tip of $1-2 per drink is good for most drinks.

Check out Next Cafe on Lincoln road for lunch or early relaxing dinner.

Tantra is good, but can be pricey.

check out the rest of cooljunkie for more info and guest lists

Guest web_norah

IMO

there are tons of other better options than dining at Tantra, not dismissing it but why pay $$$$ more when you can have the same or better elsewhere........?

Guest coach

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree that Tantra isn't worth the dinero, unless you are *really* into the whole "scene" thing. There are tons of great places within 5 blocks of that, that are way less than half of that. Nexxt is an excellent choice up until about 10pm. Best afterhours food: 11th Street Diner, no question. I don't know of any restaurants, except maybe Zutra, that have "seatings" around here. So, that shouldn't be a big deal.

One more tip on getting into the clubs, don't be an ass. Be cool, be nice, smile a lot, say "thank you", and don't be impatient. Remember, the door guards are people, too, and they will appreciate it. But, I don't think you should have an issue with that.

In terms of arrival time, usually 11 or 11:30 is early enough, and actually a little early for me. I like to stay out way late, so starting that early means a looooong night. But, if you're gonna get on a comp list, be sure to leave at least 45 minutes for line-time before the list cuts off.

And welcome to Miami!

Wow, thanks to you all!

What i am looking for? well..

I guess good music combined with a crowd is the key to a good clubnight.

could be a downer sometimes if music is excellent but not enough people, only the djs friends :P

but music is important, think i prefer house, and it seems like alot of clubs play it in SoBe.

I gotta try that thing, slap a 50 in the doormans hand:) Never done that.

Guest web_norah
But, Tantra is an experience, at least once.

experience the monday night thing but without dining, i'd still eat elsewhere....

Guest guyman1966

I gotta try that thing, slap a 50 in the doormans hand:) Never done that.

Only do it AFTER he/she helps you and your group in.

Also - Tantra is a great experience, but expensive. You also might want to try TOUCH (similar to Tantra). However, my favorite eats on the beach is RUMI - you get the most bang for your gourmet buck.