Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta on Friday night...

juxt

Well, if you look at the timestamp, I am already home. Considering I live almost an hour away, it can only mean one thing: it wasn't good.

IMHO George really didn't feel the crowd. I guess on his birthday he didn't have to. Birthday boy is allowed to do whatever he wants, right?! Some people were jumping and seemed to have fun but I wasn't feeling it. Neither did people around me. From the opening track to the moment I left it was sheer mediocrity mixed up with bleeps of excellence. Mixing, as usual, was great, but the vibe wasn't even on a radar.

The highlight of the night was watching two guys getting arrested right on the median next to Level. One of them got cuffed with little effort but the second one decided to run for it. Oh how much joy it was! His face got planted straight into the dirty, wet grass. Nice Mr. Officer held him down to the ground with a gentle application of a knee to the neck area while his assistance proceeded with handcuff application to the applause of the audience. Great stuff…

Good fight, good night.

Guest LeVeL

I agree I left around 4 am, last night Acosta had some weird mixing. He really wasn't makingme admire the guy. To me he has lost his touch, he is suddenly trying to be another AVB, Ferry Corsten. He is suddenly playing a variety of Melodic Trance, he has shyed away from that Hard German Trance Sound that got him the fame he has today. I guess he didn't bring his game on Friday, I guess since it was his B-Day he decided to take the day- off and just play whatever he had in his Dee-jay bag. He really didn't care what the crowd was feeling and not. But it was a good night.

Guest vanbuurenfan
I agree I left around 4 am, last night Acosta had some weird mixing. He really wasn't makingme admire the guy. To me he has lost his touch, he is suddenly trying to be another AVB, Ferry Corsten. He is suddenly playing a variety of Melodic Trance, he has shyed away from that Hard German Trance Sound that got him the fame he has today. I guess he didn't bring his game on Friday, I guess since it was his B-Day he decided to take the day- off and just play whatever he had in his Dee-jay bag. He really didn't care what the crowd was feeling and not. But it was a good night.

trying to be another AVB or corsten???????? DUDE YET ANOTHER CLUELESS COMMENT. acosta cant hold either of those guys jock strap. i love trance but the guy plain sucked last night. if he spun a little like those guys u just mentioned, he wouldnt have to do birthday parties and quinces to make ends meat ;D ACOSTA IS DONE.

I went to see george acosta friday night. He was okay nothing great. He had a wierd set some trance, hard house there was no flow at all in his music selection. Although, i must admit i was dancing my ass off. It is had been awhile since i went out to dance. I guess i was like an anxious boy on prom night. Anything closed to good was enough for me that night.

-m

Guest coach

I don't know, it looked to me like there were an awful lot of people there who would disagree with you. Of course, if GA isn't your cup of tea, why would you go? Review posted soon. Pics, too, I hope.