Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar 24

Club_Guy

Guest pod

crobar 24 is a nickname of sorts, the real name will be sorted out later...

Not sure what they're gonna do with 2 venues.

Guest steffy27

Well I heard from a reliable source that they wont be changing it completely, trying to keep the Old Space feel to draw in the crowd that Space lost when they moved.

Also possibly having one of Spaces old DJ's come back as an after hours resident   ;D

Looks like they are making smart decisions and will put up a good fight downtown  ;)

Guest nickjunkie

Crobar will be serious competition - there's no doubting that. They also have some leverage when booking DJ's because of the multiple venues...

Guest steffy27

Yeah they'll be able to book one DJ all weekend at all their locations(NY, Chicago, Miami), attractive to any booking agency, less ppl to deal with, very smart!

Guest pod

I'm hoping for something completely original. I don't want it to look like the old Space. That's the past. I don't want it to look like crobar. I want it to look like something completely new.

i hope it is very similar to crowbar.. for music and vibe space34 is the best but to me crowbar has the best setup u can just relax on the second floor over the dj booth or dance below. plus u have to love the dj setup in crowbar it kicks so much ass to sit behind the dj and talk to them :)

pod

the past = better

new = won't work

i'm sure ivano is going to go back to old space, makes sense, roland and oscar don't have the balls or the desire to go back... they are scared of LP....

however if they don't go full new phazon or funktion one, it will fail.... they need to go all out..

Guest pod

I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Phazon costs are horrendous. The yearly up keep alone is a few hundred grand...that is if you want to keep the Phazon logo on your system.

They may just go Funktion-One.

As far as the past being better, maybe so, but it's time to let it go. The old Space isn't coming back, and if it did for some reason, people would still bitch and moan about something.

• 2 years later...
Guest BAEZ

I'm hoping for something completely original. I don't want it to look like the old Space. That's the past. I don't want it to look like crobar. I want it to look like something completely new.

I agree !

Guest dahzel

Well I heard from a reliable source that they wont be changing it completely, trying to keep the Old Space feel to draw in the crowd that Space lost when they moved.

Also possibly having one of Spaces old DJ's come back as an after hours resident   ;D

Looks like they are making smart decisions and will put up a good fight downtown  ;)

we saw oscar in the booth on sat night. oscar? maybe? ;D ???

Guest Philip

By the way, this thread is from '03. There is no crobar downtown, nor will there be.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was like WHAT. Funny though - Saleen was saying this even way back then?

roland and oscar don't have the balls or the desire to go back... they are scared of LP....

Guest thenextgeneration

thats so funny that you said this thread was from 2003 because while i was reading this i was thinking about the old space. it is now an almost finished condo building, approximately 10-12 stories high. lol

nevertheless, to this day, there was nothing like the old space...

always | happy | people

nextgen_logo_final_200.jpg

Guest james stratus

thats so funny that you said this thread was from 2003 because while i was reading this i was thinking about the old space. it is now an almost finished condo building, approximately 10-12 stories high. lol

nevertheless, to this day, there was nothing like the old space...

always | happy | people

nextgen_logo_final_200.jpg

Have I not been in downtown so long that a condo is somewhat near completion in the old Space spot ??? Isn't that whole 4 or so block radius supposed to be an "Entertainment District", and how are the patios going to fly with those people :-\

Guest pod

Where the old Space was, there is now a parking lot.

A block east is a condo.

As for the patio? Well there's a contingency plan, I'm sure of it.

Guest Phazonian

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

now PHAZON would work pretty good in downtown dont you think ? you people have no idea what is in store for miami ..........