Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD tore it up at Roxy

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]Last night PVD tore the Roxy up with his signature bangin' beats to a packed house of party professionals!

Wicked set...he played several straight up techno tracks.[/glow]

-  At 3 am we were like, wtf are we doing???  Ohh man im so glad we decided to make it over there...i havent seen van dyk spin like that in nyc in .... wow, i dont even know....definitely better than any roxy set ever....guys last was truly some of paul van dyks best.....Dimaggio, couldnt see you anywhere, but was concentrating on dancing...

There were some small issues that I had, but his set was unpredictable and, i mean, the fucking end was epic if you ask me....

His encore lasted over 40 minutes, the crowd was energized (he droppd this track as welll, one of my favorite tunes) and the roxysetup of lights and those screens behind him was stellar.  really, the DJ booth was awesome!  Paul was clearly having a great time, throwing memoribilia to people, smiling so much....it was a great contrast to the usual glomy van dyk demeanor.  

so much funnnnn!  suddenly in the end he spun greece 2000 from Tranceport, the that song "vamos a jugar en el sol....todos los dias son dias de fiesta..." (you may have noticed these pyrics have been my CJ cig for ages)--- with the spanish clap and great beat---blew it up....and the he ened with "for an angel" which was just fukin beautiful.  for the last two tracks the roxy staff had turned on ALL the lights in the entire venue....but Paul kept playing the music, seemed that he was clearly disobeying them telling him to stop and people were loving it and no one stopped dancing...the place was bright as day and everyone was still dancing.  wow.

this is what I want when I go see this man. he is a remarkable DJ.

more later, ive got to rest more for tonight.

Is he producing a new DVD? They were shooting his show last night, and they were meandering the dancefloor at the end of the night. id really like to see that footage from the end....such a great moment 8)

again, it is so nice to finally have had a terrific performance by van dyk in new york.....refreshing. it had been too long

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]It was bangin from get go. He came on a bit b4 12 and blew the place out immediately. He played a remix of "Beautiful Thing" that made the place explode. They were defy recording the evening for something...mayde a DVD :o[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]It was bangin from get go.  He came on a bit b4 12 and blew the place out immediately. He played a remix of "Beautiful Thing" that made the place explode.  They were defy recording the evening for something...mayde a DVD :o[/glow]

what about that ridiculous mix of "Crush" (I know you want me)....whoa!  that was sick!  honestly, this was really one of the best pvd sets ive ever been to....7 hours!  

D- did you stay the whole time?  

And for everyone anxious about seeing him in miami...I'll say that some of the new things he was spinning last night was so powerful....

I was also suprised to see him spin armins "yet another day" and 3 drives - "Greece 2000" from tranceport.  His set was superb and beautiful....what was once his awkward experimentation with several genres of EDM....last night it was compeletely harmonious.  His 45 minute encore was awesome, and i loved how he kept teasing us and making us think he was done....we'd have our jackets on and then he'd come back.  

some of my highlights:

nice remix of Solid Sleep - Club attack

PvD- Crush (some fkin amazing remix, gotta find this)

Yet Another Day

For an Angel

PVD - Energize (my eyes lit up when he dropped this...)

tillman - Ocean to Shore

Castenada - Floor Control

PVD - Autumn

D---   did you see DT and Erick Morillo there?

I forgot to mention....after frequenting the likes of Avalon and Crobar for so many months now, I forgot how obnoxious and cheezy places like the roxy are when it comes to the staff....suddenly you have a tremendous security bear shining a light in your face trying to intimidate you....rude workers make the experience seem kind of dirty sometimes with their hostility....at crobar and avalon they are dressed nicely, are cordial and polite and patient...

whatever, if it makes the big dudes feel better to heckle all 155 pounds of me, than more power to them. it's worth the minor annoyance to see a show like this past saturday.  

[glow=red,2,300]It was bangin from get go.  He came on a bit b4 12 and blew the place out immediately. He played a remix of "Beautiful Thing" that made the place explode.  They were defy recording the evening for something...mayde a DVD :o[/glow]

i mean, enough with beautiful things....im so tired of that track...glad i missed that,

i was there for "Time of Our Lives"...and I went to the bar to chill cuz there is just so many times one can get down to a song before it gets old---And "nothing but you"...enough Paul! no more.

no one is worse than Ferry with "punk" though. I think that's when I decided to leave Avalon on sat night....everyone was singing along with it, and there arent even any words...weeeeeeird. very cheezy if you ask me. sing lyrics, not electronic beats.

Guest JMT
I forgot to mention....after frequenting the likes of Avalon and Crobar for so many months now, I forgot how obnoxious and cheezy places like the roxy are when it comes to the staff....suddenly you have a tremendous security bear shining a light in your face trying to intimidate you....rude workers make the experience seem kind of dirty sometimes with their hostility....at crobar and avalon they are dressed nicely, are cordial and polite and patient...

whatever, if it makes the big dudes feel better to heckle all 155 pounds of me, than more power to them.  it's worth the minor annoyance to see a show like this past saturday.  

all great comments.

i mean, enough with beautiful things....im so tired of that track...glad i missed that,

i was there for "Time of Our Lives"...and I went to the bar to chill cuz there is just so many times one can get down to a song before it gets old---And "nothing but you"...enough Paul!  no more.  

no one is worse than Ferry with "punk" though.  I think that's when I decided to leave Avalon on sat night....everyone was singing along with it, and there arent even any words...weeeeeeird.  very cheezy if you ask me.  sing lyrics, not electronic beats.  

I kinda agree with you Ev. Hard to say that they're not stuill great tracks, it's just a bit annoying when everyone and their mothers are playing it (traffic, as the rush comes, rock your body rock...)

Nothing but you is still a great song - but it's a great closing song...like in PVD's cream closing party this summer where it was all slow and gentle...great feeling...