Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new crobar

Guest dudewithatude

Guest dudewithatude

Hey I've never posted here, but I'm always reading! (although i do have to say the miami posts are always more heated, and thus more fun to check out).

I wanted to inject my 2 cents about the new crobar... we went last Friday night for the first time, been wanting to check it out for a year now. I was a fan of Miami Beach's, and was dying to see this one. Finally made it up and I was really impressed. I think New York has another reason to visit now in the dead of winter, and let me tell you, we battled some cold-ass temps that night...The place was really amazing, and Oscar G from Miami happened to be spinning that night, so we lucked out. Light and soundsystem was bangin...The place seemed to have some high energy, but not enough. I don't know if New York is ready yet for the outrageous theme that the club promotes...because it was a Friday night, and the place wasn't packed!! I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but I was certainly surprised. At least we had room to breathe and maneuver around. I just wonder if it's still in its new phase or something, and word just hasn't spread enough, because it'd be a terrible shame if the club is denied the attention it deserves. Anyways, I think the owners have done New York proud with the multimillions they must've put into this megaclub. Was anybody else there that night?? And you NY experts, what do you make of the less than packed house??

Guest joeygk

I wouldn't read too much into the place not being too crowded --- you have to remember it's still January people generally are still recovering from the Holidays and a bit reluctant to spend money & party --- and not to mention you said so yourself --- it's friggin freezing outside!

agreed.  i think once the big acts like deep dish and S & D start arriving and loving to spin at crobar, they will have enough headliners to keep themselves afloat.  

But I agree, Crobar failed to open with a BANG.  Their invite only pre-opening party was a disaster....thousands of people were shunned away at the door....there were many big names that were turned away....big mistake...they tried to have a huge thing when, in my opinion, it should have been smaller and more intimate...it was cold that night too...a couple of my friends who are publicists were disgusted with it and brought some A-list people with them and couyldnt get in...that is very very embarassing for the publicist and is insult to the ego of a person with some notoriety in their name...realistically that is the case.

A couple of people i know who promote for crobar said it was difficult to court people to come back.

Not to mention their actual public grand opening  was....electroclash!  that was the just weird.  

Also the place is so tremendous, that sometimes it look s empty even though there are a decent amount of people there...and the VIP room has always been packed (too packed for my tastes) when ive been there...but i think it really sucks in there and its very narrow at places...always feels like someone is trying to walk past you.  too much furniture around the bar at places.  

im sure they've lost some money since opening...I cant imagine how much electricity they go through in a given night...plus they give out comps like candy so i am not sure how much they are making on cover charges...

regardless the club is superb and it is my favorite in the city....everyone that works there is so friendly as well, and it is a place not to miss...it will be a big loss to us if it goes under, but i dont think it will.

Guest sarahcj

I love the space but it's a big venue to fill.

The Crobar team certain knows what it's doing in Miami, I have not heard much about the Crobar Chicago though.

I love the space but it's a big venue to fill.

The Crobar team certain knows what it's doing in Miami, I have not heard much about the Crobar Chicago  though.

is it bigger than the roxy, do you guys think? if so, than it could handle the volume of Tiesto or Van Dyk, who notoriously bring in the most voluminous crowds.

is it bigger than the roxy, do you guys think?  if so, than it could handle the volume of Tiesto or Van Dyk, who notoriously bring in the most voluminous crowds.  

Boo to the Roxy. Double-Boo. I really hope that (a) the club scene isn't dead in NYC because for the past three years I thought it was pretty bad and (B) a place like Crobar emerges and brings ALL the big names to town at least once a year....

Guest LeVeL

I am Happy for you New Yorkers you guys deserve a Mega Club in in your city.......I hope this takes Clubbing to a new level in NYC.

Hope you guys enjoy the upcoming acts coming your way now.

An Tim..NYC has always had the Vibe....the club scene has always been good in NYC the people are marvelous.

I am Happy for you New Yorkers you guys deserve a Mega Club in in your city.......I hope this takes Clubbing to a new level in NYC.

Hope you guys enjoy the upcoming acts coming your way now.

An Tim..NYC has always had the Vibe....the club scene has always been good in NYC the people are marvelous.

Maybe you're right...but I don't know dude. For a while there it was just Factory and Exit as the only big super-clubs with Vinyl as the other late night alternative and all three of those are pretty grim... The people ARE fantastic - you don't have to tell me about that one...the city so nice they named it twice...

Guys,

We are working on reviving the New York Dance Scene...If you enjoy good music, and a good vibe, please check our website for upcoming events from time to time.... or send us an email and we will notify you directly.

We WILL wake up this city!!!

www.trancemelody.com

info@trancemelody.com

the city is awake, this email seems more relevant to last year....also, you spelt PVD's name wrong on your site. not to be too critical, but also i highly doubt that any trance movement would wake new york up...

anyway, back to Crobar. I went last nite (thursday nite) and the place was packed! Stuffed with people, tons of gorgeous peeps---more than usual, it was pretty hot. Of course it was loco, I cant believe they get away with what they get away with! I love it.

I think they are doing some really high profile events for fashion week too, which started this morning....I dont know what the top models are gonna do with the pouring rain/ice that is happening now and predicted to go on til the morning...poor things....

I just called my friend who is in PR. she is frantic preparing for some event tonite. so cheesy to get frantic like that. why do PR girls get so frantic? why?

anyway, crobar was awesome last nite, but it was hip hop, which was kind of a downer for me....but they threw in some rock at moments which was fun, but overall I spent my time in the side room where the music was better, but everyone was so ridiculously wasted I ended up leaving around 3...a fire alarm went off as well, which was a bit of a buzzkill.

Guest timoconnell

Hey EV,

I was wondering what the f was going on with all the firetrucks last night. I was spinning at Brite Bar and noticed that something was going down over there. We figured that there was an alarm or a fire at Crobar. Must have ruined the vibe a little bit. Speaking of fire alarms, you just gave me a great idea for a new thread. I'll post it here and Miami hopefully before the end of the day.

Tim

well i was decently intoxicated so for the first half of the fire alarm i thought it was the music....after around 5 minutes I asked my friends, what issss this horrible song?? a couple people that work there were sitting with us, and they were so utterly wasted they didnt even notice until I asked wtf the annoying sound was...we all stayed inside the side room and eventually (prob 7 minutes it all was) the music suddenly came crashing on again....and you know how it is....it was funny to watch everyone go from standing dumbfounded to dancing right back into the music as if nothing happened....

i dont know really, everyone there was so wasted and I wasnt trying to get like that on a schoolnite...plus I wasnt expecting to end up there....we were relaxing at APT and someone we know called us and said it was happenin' ;) so we went spur of the moment. I was in sneakers and a thermal shirt and had no gel in my hair (tim can you imagine! hahaha :P)

everyone was so decked i felt like a bit of a shlep, plus all the hip hop...i mean it was kinda like the twilight zone.