Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weekend Report, 1-30 to 2-1

I spent this past weekend, yet again, enfermo as ever....however that didnt stop me too much....

Friday, we had Jessica's birthday party at Oz on 50th and 1st...of course little jessica looked adorable and i was definitely very happy that most of our friends turned out for the event- the venue was definitely perfect for our occassion....we didnt want to do a nightclub and the back room definitely was super, and being able to smoke cigs was a nice perk. My motto stands, fuck that law! I feel like most places allow smoking nowadays, alls it takes is a little persuasion.

Anyways, I was very pleasantly suprised when I saw that Nick and Charles came around 12:30 or 1. It was so great to see you both, and I hope you had fun. I had at least a few drinks in me already, so I apologize if I introdced you to the same person several times (Nick I think I introduced you to Jessica several times even though you had met her before....my mind was a bit scrambled organizing) regardless it was great to talk with you in depth about the conference and all the terrific things cooljunkie has in store this year...Clearly nick you are really looking forward to this and I was totally feeding off your enthusiasm...cant wait, man.

PS, Sarah, Nick said he missed you. I thought that was very cute and nice... :D

Charles of course your omnipresence was great, as always---your sarcasm and wit always make me laugh, and your wise ass friend tricked me as well- (before i saw charles and nick, their friend was pretending to be a bouncer and throw me out of the bar...haha. I thought he was a cop or something, I was getting a bit sassy, like, "I dont think so sirrrr") I wish you guys had more time to chill, we actually had a really good time and didnt end up leaving til a little bit past 5am...we were going to go to Crobar but decided to just go back to my apartment. Some debauchery ensued there that stays behind closed dooooooors 8)

I heard Judge Jules at Avalon was garbage. 18+?? what is that? that better not be a permanent thing....

saturday I slept for roughly 15 hours. I finally got my voice back and I woke up feeling almost completely better...I went to the gym, banged out the elyptical for 45 mins (I must admit, the ferry set from Space on January 3rd is exceptional to listen to on that machine...I felt like i was dancing right to the beat---makes it easier to werk out hard :o)

Sunday night I went to an ab-fab superbowl party at Fiamma's osteria in Soho----went to a party on the 3rd floor----a friend of mine's PR company threw it and we went to indulge in the open bar and fantastic italian food....I dont think I saw a second of the superbowl....just reveled in the gorgeous people and sipped the Chianti until my face got really red. Moved on to a couple dry martinis after....the bartender looked just like paul van dyk too, I kept telling him so...next thing I knew my friend and I gathered around 8 or 9 of the fun people there and went to APT....got a table and a couple bottles of champagne and relaxed there for a bit....I must say that APT is such a great place to go on Sunday----can get a bit over the top...but i think most of the time it has the one of the best and genuine NYC crowds to be found....in fact, Tyler and Patrick's Sunday @ APT has been rated as one of the top 5 parties in the country...did ya know that? And talk about a sexy crowd...my god, I was lovin it...Saw sooooo many people I havent seen in months...I used to go to APT religiously on sundays but stopped about 5 months ago---

You have to be careful though, cuz APT Sunday is a school nite and sometimes we can get lost in that place and next thing you know it's light out and you have to be at work in 45 minutes. Thankfully I left around 3 and came home to rest.

Yet another ridiculously fun weekend--- 8)

Please tell me about yours!

tim you were the only link missing this night... :'(

the night was a bit ironic...

eddie and carl were sober.

carl and laura weren't shouting.

dave and joanna were there! so good to be with them---

lisa had blond hair (so cute by the way, you're gonna love it)

I forgot to mention as well...I was talking with someone at APT, named Brett Cosmo Thorngren....he was with Boy George....going on and on about some song he remixed called "Mystic."  you guys ever heard of this?  

and now for the punch line..., mrs. george got infuriated that I was having a mere conversation with this dude....she said, "you know, he's only trying to get in your pants." and proceeded to give me the "talk to the hand cuz the chubby painted face aint listenin" and stormed off.  I couldnt help but laugh out loud at that one....what a bitch!  too funny...

I guess I'd be pretty jaded and cynical if I had such an utterly wretched show bomb on broadway...coupled with substantial weight gain.  (plus he's british so I presume he's uncircumsized.... :P :-X)