Clubplanet Nightlife Community

!REVERSE! - An 80s party starting this week!

Guest victor_dinaire

Guest victor_dinaire

Hey all

anyone interested in having a stupid druken time

im starting a weekly 80s and classics party and it starts this thursday feb 5

7pm- 4am for those of u looking for an after work shindig or a late night affair

no cover and its 2 for 1 drinks till 10pm!

see you there

beware dinaire...im obsessed with good 80's nights...Don Hill's on Thursday's is the best 80's party in the city...i hope you can contend, because Id love to have a great 80's party so close to home! Opaline, I know Ive been there before, and very recently i think? my friends, can you help me remember?

vic it's too bad rebecca is living in Ireland these days....her and I used to be such a great combo at 80's parties-== i mean, she and I would get so wild---

what is everyone's favorite 80's? what first comes to mind for me, most michael jackson trax, billy joel, elton john, queen, pink floyd, john lennon, the police, duran duran, peter gabriel, george michael, U2, and the queen of all 80's....Madonna 8)---

Guest joeygk

I know, I know --- I AM A NEGATIVE BITCH MONSTER -- but I hate most 80's music -- one track here or there isn't bad but an entire night is simply too much -(I'd rather listen to trance) - my friends once dragged me to the Pyramid (which is in the East Village and I HATE THE EAST VILLAGE - except the Sunday party at Le Souk) and it was horrible - the place was filled w/ fUglies and creepy pedophiles busting out rehearsed coreography to Paula Abdul's "Vibeology"---- :( :( <runaway-runaway>

I could do an 80's night of cool alternative music like The Smiths, The Cure, Pixies, Talking Heads, etc., but none of that "hey mickey" top-40 bubble gum crap.

I know, I know --- I AM A NEGATIVE BITCH MONSTER -- but I hate most 80's music -- one track here or there isn't bad but an entire night is simply too much -(I'd rather listen to trance) - my friends once dragged me to the Pyramid (which is in the East Village and I HATE THE EAST VILLAGE - except the Sunday party at Le Souk) and it was horrible - the place was filled w/ fUglies and creepy pedophiles busting out rehearsed coreography to Paula Abdul's "Vibeology"----  :( :(  <runaway-runaway>  

I could do an 80's night of cool alternative music like The Smiths, The Cure, Pixies, Talking Heads, etc., but none of that "hey mickey" top-40 bubble gum crap.  

negative bitch monster, nah....you're more like

1. the bright lights that suddenly come on when an amazing club closes...

2. chronic cough or flu

3. rain on a tropical vacation

4. going bald

5. a hangnail

6. the sound of someone chewing with their mouth open

7. a twitch or lisp

8. braces

9. acne

10. bad halitosis

;):D:) ;D 8) :-*

I know, I know --- I AM A NEGATIVE BITCH MONSTER -- but I hate most 80's music -- one track here or there isn't bad but an entire night is simply too much -(I'd rather listen to trance) - my friends once dragged me to the Pyramid (which is in the East Village and I HATE THE EAST VILLAGE - except the Sunday party at Le Souk) and it was horrible - the place was filled w/ fUglies and creepy pedophiles busting out rehearsed coreography to Paula Abdul's "Vibeology"----  :( :(  <runaway-runaway>  

So let me get this straight Joey...you will or will not be coming to the party? I am confused.

I often wonder why people post some of the negativity that they do on CJ...I mean you were just being invited to a party...no need to sh_t on the parade...

8)

Victor...wish I could make it... Might I suggest 867-5309 Jenny, Take on Me by A-Ha, and of course, Video Killed the Radio Star as a few long-distance requests....

Ev, funny message. #1 might be a bit too harsh though...nothing is as bad as that... 8)

So let me get this straight Joey...you will or will not be coming to the party?  I am confused.

I often wonder why people post some of the negativity that they do on CJ...I mean you were just being invited to a party...no need to sh_t on the parade...

8)

Victor...wish I could make it...  Might I suggest 867-5309 Jenny, Take on Me by A-Ha, and of course, Video Killed the Radio Star as a few long-distance requests....

Ev, funny message.  #1 might be a bit too harsh though...nothing is as bad as that... 8)

good songs timo...

and vic said it well, its merely a "stupid drunken time," not a star-studded celebrity red carpet affair...the coolest people, in my opinion, have a great balance of fun...from the glitz and the glam to the downright silly 80's affairs...those are the most beautiful people in my world. Personally, I have just as much fun having a maitre-d pop open a bottle of veuve clicquot and toasting to good health at a celebrity event as I do throwing down dirty shots in a smelly East Village bar.

Guest joeygk
Personally, I have just as much fun having a maitre-d pop open a bottle of veuve clicquot and toasting to good health at a celebrity event as I do throwing down dirty shots in a smelly East Village bar.  

I love dive bars too ---- you've got to get your ass down to Filter-14 sometime soon -- the best dive bar in town (the place is a hole) & slammin' house music all night long!  It doesn't get any grungier than Filter & soooo much fun!