Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bloomberg wants to close all night clubs by 1AM!

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]On Friday, January 31 on WWOR Channel 9, a local New York News station, it was announced that the city and the mayor are considering closing all bars/lounges/nightclubs with music above 90 decibels (which isn't that loud btw!) by 1AM!Got it straight from the reporters mouth...he was shooting the take for the segment in the LES as I was walking by.  CoolJunkie's looking into an in-depth story.

Imagine that...sending everyone home by 1AM if the noise is too loud...you bad people that listen to loud music all hours of the night :o

I wonder if it has to do with the smoking ban and everybody GOIN' OUTSIDE TO SMOKE!

What's next?  No more drinking alcohol at the bar :-* ;D ;)[/glow]

The same thing could be said about the smoking laws, right?

:o

I thought about that as I wrote the above statement....however there is a difference bewtween a behavior being banned vs. the entire establishment being forced to close at a certain verrrrry early hour.

Imagine nyc closing at 1am! jesus christ some nights I dont even go out until after 1am...

Guest Cosmigonon

Hi EVjunkie, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I was just dying to ask: what's the name of the song that contains the quote you have in your signature???? ??? and also, whose song is it? I use to hear it a couple of years ago and never heard it again. Also, I'm new to the board, or any board by the matter, I just haven't got a clue to what does "LMAO/LMFAO" stand for, and I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what does that mean. I get totally clueless sometimes reading that post. I know it's kind of dumb, but thanks ;D

Hi EVjunkie, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I was just dying to ask:  what's the name of the song that contains the quote you have in your signature???? ???  and also, whose song is it?  I use to hear it a couple of years ago and never heard it again.  Also, I'm new to the board, or any board by the matter, I just haven't got a clue to what does "LMAO/LMFAO" stand for, and I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what does that mean.  I get totally clueless sometimes reading that post.   I know it's kind of dumb, but thanks ;D

:D

LMAO means "laughing my ass off" and the other is the same but the F in the middle is profanity, take a wild guess.

as for the signature ive got going on here....it is a song I heard in Ibiza---has a cool guitar in it, spanish claps, and the translation in wonderful....

"let's enjoy ourselves in the sun....everday is a party..."

Guest Cosmigonon

:D

LMAO means "laughing my ass off" and the other is the same but the F in the middle is profanity, take a wild guess.  

as for the signature ive got going on here....it is a song I heard in Ibiza---has a cool guitar in it, spanish claps, and the translation in wonderful....

"let's enjoy ourselves in the sun....everday is a party..."

thanks a lot EVjunkie. Noooooooow everything makes sense!!!! ;D Also I was asking you about that song, and you're right, even though I've never been to Ibiza, it kinda sounds what it most be to be there, is't incredibly joyful and makes you wanna be on the beach watching the sunset, wao!! Thanks again EVjunkie, I really appreciate it!!! ;D ;D

thanks a lot EVjunkie.  Noooooooow everything makes sense!!!! ;D  Also I was asking you about that song, and you're right, even though I've never been to Ibiza, it kinda sounds what it most be to be there, is't incredibly joyful and makes you wanna be on the beach watching the sunset, wao!! Thanks again EVjunkie, I really appreciate it!!! ;D ;D

you've got great energy...you must be Latino....my favoriteeee people  8)

call me Ev or Evan, that is my name.   8)

Guest Cosmigonon

you've got great energy...you must be Latino....my favoriteeee people  8)

call me Ev or Evan, that is my name.   8)

Yes, you're right Ev, I'm from Panamá ;D, my name is Josh, and thanks again for the info, nice meeting you!! :)

http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/mail/html/maildca.html

Miss Gretchen Dykstra is responsible for stirring all this up. With that name, I'd be a miserable grintch as well.

the above link will allow you to send her an email. But remember, angry animated emails will only add fuel to a fire---if you write to her, tailor it to be persuasive, intelligent, pointed and concise.