Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAUL VAN DYK TO HEADLINE DJs ROCK THE VOTE

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

LOS ANGELES--Internationally acclaimed DJ and musician PAUL VAN DYK will headline the second annual DJs Rock the Vote show Thursday, February 5 at Avalon Hollywood (formerly The Palace) from 10 pm to 4 am as part of Rock the Vote's Grammy Week celebration that culminates in the 11th annual Rock the Vote Awards February 7. The event, held in association with BPM Magazine, will also feature live sets by Jerry Bonham and Dave Aude.

"We are very excited that Paul Van Dyk has donated his time and talents to this event, which in a short time has become a much-anticipated Rock the Vote tradition," said Rock the Vote president Jehmu Greene. "Paul's involvement is a great boost and compliment to Rock the Vote's ongoing efforts in reaching out to the millions of loyal electronic music fans. Last year’s stifling ‘RAVE Act’ really demonstrated the political activism of the electronic music community and we are certain that members of this community will turn out in droves for the 2004 elections.â€

Adds Paul Van Dyk, who grew up under East Germany’s Communist regime, “I am very excited to be part of the Rock the Vote campaign 2004. Since I grew up behind the Iron Curtain I know what it is like to live without the option to vote. The freedom to make a choice is the basic principle of our democratic world. I hope through my involvement to encourage as many as possible to register to vote in the 2004 presidential election.â€

In addition, Rock the Vote will film a Public Service Announcement with Paul Van Dyk to inspire his fans to register to vote, get educated on the issues they care about and vote on Election Day.  

ABOUT ROCK THE VOTE:

Founded in 1990 by leaders of the recording industry, Rock the Vote is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to protecting freedom of expression and empowering young people to change their world.  Rock the Vote works with music artists, actors and entertainment industry leaders to energize young people about participating in the political process.  Rock the Vote’s national Community Street Team network engages thousands of young people as political activists in their community: organizing, educating, and registering voters at concerts, community festivals, campuses, coffee shops and street corners.  Rock the Vote’s goal is to make young voters a key battleground in the 2004 elections.  Rock the Vote is headquartered in Los Angeles with an office in Washington, D.C.

[glow=red,2,300]REGISTER TO VOTE...IT'S YOUR COUNTRY TOO :-*[/glow]

One thing that really makes paul van dyk stand out, at least for me, has always been his political involvement...whether it be an event like the aforementioned or statements he makes at various shows...and the ridiculous amount of political satire and symbolism in his Global DVD...

Guest LeVeL

Its nice that Paul Van Dyk and the rest of the DJs have donated their time to this purpose sometimes we all forget that music always goes along with politics and the times that we live in.

I appreciate you posting this...DiMaggio...because I am becomeing citizen at the moment and I will be able to vote this election year....and I want my vote to count.

I love this country and us young people need to put this into account because we are the future we dont need some old fart making decision for us.

Guest LeVeL

By the way you should Post this on the Miami.Cooljunkieforums.I think they should know........also because there is a special message behind this post and everyone in this forums should be aware of this.

I agree Ev...

It's always funny for me to listen to people gripe about politicians this, and government that, but then when you ask them if they've voted - they're like "ummm...nah...what good would that do?"

I think the last presidential election had something like 60% voter turnout and some of the house and senate elections had under 45%! Do we need movie stars running in elections to get people to vote?

A great quote I love is that "democracy gives you the government you deserve"...if you want people to make decisions you believe in, you have got to give them your vote...democracy isn't free, but voting is.

Guest djdimaggio
By the way you should Post this on the Miami.Cooljunkieforums.I think they should know........also because there is a special message behind this post and everyone in this forums should be aware of this.

[glow=red,2,300]Great idea. Done. Check the Miami message board. 8)[/glow]

Guest djdimaggio
Its nice that Paul Van Dyk and the rest of the DJs have donated their time to this purpose sometimes we all forget that music always goes along with politics and the times that we live in.

I appreciate you posting this...DiMaggio...because I am becomeing citizen at the moment and I will be able to vote this election year....and I want my vote to count.

I love this country and us young people need to put this into account because we are the future we dont need some old fart making decision for us.

[glow=red,2,300]That's awesome man and congrats to you. The US of A may not be perfect but she's certainly cutting edge![/glow]

Guest djdimaggio
I agree Ev...

It's always funny for me to listen to people gripe about politicians this, and government that, but then when you ask them if they've voted - they're like "ummm...nah...what good would that do?"

I think the last presidential election had something like 60% voter turnout and some of the house and senate elections had under 45%!  Do we need movie stars running in elections to get people to vote?

A great quote I love is that "democracy gives you the government you deserve"...if you want people to make decisions you believe in, you have got to give them your vote...democracy isn't free, but voting is.

[glow=red,2,300]It's actually quite empowering to carry around a voter registration card in my wallet and know that I am an American that has the power to cast a vote that matters and am giving my opinion on issues at each election by selecting the candidates that address or resolve these issues...

...the rest is up to all of us as voters enmasse. [/glow]

Did you know that in Australia it is compulsory for EVERY citizen to vote? Yes, this is true, and if you dont, you are penalized...>I believe they penalize your tax return but im not sure, anyone know what happens if you dont vote in Australia?

anyway, being forced to vote seems to work there...and there is a lot of political awareness because of it.

I always vote, and the last presidential election clearly shows that we all count , even in a country with almost 300,000,000 people in it