Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC restaurant you must check out...

I went to "Pompano" on 48th b/t 2d and 3rd last night for dinner with my brother...

since this is a nightlife forum I insist that you guys try this place at some point----hands down one of the top 3 places Ive eaten in the world...I;ve dined on almost every continent except Antarctica and this place was superb, and not too pricey.  

One word, amazing.  Have a hot date, this place will knock him/her off their feet--

ever been?  New Yorker rated it in the top 5 restaurants here in nyc.   :o

I also want to check out "La Caverna"---a new installment in the LES---supposed to be like spelunking underground and eating in a huge cave.  I love our city so much for its neverending ridiculousness... :D

PS, if you ever have a date and are unsure if it is going to go anywhere :-/ but still want to impress without spending alot, go to L'Express on park Ave South near Sushi Samba---it has a very romantic, sexy atmosphere and it really reasonable. :o

Guest joeygk

I saw that "la cave" place in last week's Time Out - looked really cool, I def plan on swinging by and grabbin a few drinks sometime. I smell a cooljunkie meet-up -where's DiMaggio?

I didn't think the food at L'Express was great & I've eaten there twice - but I'll def check out this Pompano place, but what kind of food bro? You're the only crackhead I know who would recommend a restaurant without a menu review or even mentioning the food! WEAK. ;)

I do declare, that is correct. It is fine fare Mexican Cuisine.

here is a link to the menu. the graphics are a bit juvenile but dont let that fool you.

http://www.modernmexican.com/pampano/dinner.htm

Here is what we ate:

Tacos de Langosta, Quesadillas de pescado, Empanadas de Camaron, ensalada de langosta, albondigas de mariscos.

FKING amazing. cross reference with the menu and see all the ecclectic ingredients. I hear the swordfish is spectacular as well.

I also read about the Caverna in TONY last week.

(PS, dont you love the "whatsupwiththat" section where they evaluate strange things around the city? I do... and I write to them all the time with ideas but they never publish them.)

Guest joeygk
I do declare, that is correct.  It is fine fare Mexican Cuisine.  

Here is what we ate:

Tacos de Langosta, Quesadillas de pescado, Empanadas de Camaron, ensalada de langosta, albondigas de mariscos.

Damn boy, what are you like 3 hundred pounds! :o Either that's a sampler or you can pack back a lot of food kiddo. Mooo - I don't know about you, but "I could of used a little more Cowbell!" ;)

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]What up fellas? It's Friday and I don't give a shit if it snows 10 fuckin' feet, da party ezzz on baby. Who's goin' to Lawler? Where are we meeting? Wats up?

If you guyz are gonna do restaurant reviews, you gotta mention prices or whether it's a pricey place or a bargain...that's the NYC way of critiquing these joints because for us old timers that have been living in the city since the stone age, we like to know when we go to check out a spot, if its gonna be a strain or a savings on da wallet.

I went to 2 local East Village spots last night. Sin-Sin and Opium Den. Both were pretty empty which allowed for extra strong drinks from the extra hot bartender babes that were bored until bonehead DiMag walked in but the tech house that was bangin' on the speakers was really nice. [/glow] ::):P ::):P ::):P ::):P ::)

Guest joeygk

don't forget about Le Souk on Ave B - great food and the best house music on Sunday night --- although it's much better when the Patio is open - Astro&Glyde all night long.

Guest joeygk
"I don't know about you, but I could use a little more cowbell"

One of the best SNL skits ever.  Great post joeygk.

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

It's a great SNL skit but also a massive dance track. NYC djs/producers - 'dirty gringos' put out the track "cowbell" which sampled christopher walken from the above mentioned SNL skit - massive percrussion breakdown. URB magazine voted it the best track from WMC 2003, and James Zabiela is rockin' a killer remix. ;)