Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for long-tenured junkies...

Guest JMT

ive only been on here a month, but for those of you who have been on here for a while...would you say the rate of people signing up on this board and posting is increasing, or has it stayed constant?  

i see it just recently passed the 700 mark.

i think you are now considered a long-tenured junkie!

Guest endymion

You guys would not believe how difficult it is to actively work to keep things civil in a net forum. Everybody here feels like they can say whatever they want. Nobody knows that you're posting in your underwear and nobody can reach out and slap you. It's great to have a way for people to feel comfortable shooting from the hip while they chat but it really can be difficult to keep things polite. We really really really appreciate how everybody around here pulls together to keep it friendly. We want this place to be a welcome and open community for new people, women, gay people, all races, whatever. An official huge THANK YOU to everybody who helps us to keep it that way. Also an apology to people who have had posts deleted during delicate situations, hopefully you understand why we have to do that.

To show our appreciation, we're about to roll out a new implementation of the forums that are way faster. I have it hacked up to disallow images in signatures entirely so that won't even be possible here. I might add a limit on the number of line breaks in signatures too if people start trying to post entire poems and quotes in their sigs like people do on some other forums. If anybody ever has any other ideas for how to make the place more welcoming and tolerable then please do let us know. We're very interested.

Guest willnole

I'm hoping to Troll around here for as long as I can or until my IP is banned. [/sarcasm]

Actually a friend turned me onto your forums and it seems pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pod

There's a few jackasses on here, but nowhere near the cesspool.

Until our flying death squads are complete it's a fact of life I guess.

Guest saintjohn

no graphics, no irritating sig files, no exceptions.

also, i've got to compliment the moderators for being so willing to forgive and forget. simply eliminating counter-productive threads (rather than moving them to "drama") allows the various parties involved to cool down and preserve some diginity before it's too late.

me and nick have been argueing over the name "forums"...

I think you guys need to call it "messagboards"....

Forums is for city coucil meetings, not club related stuff. Know your audience, and know your roll. Can you smell what the saleen is cooking????

besides that....

i'd do...

1. keep your spin off, but make it house only

2. do it on the oppostie 6 months from the house only spin off, and hold a trance/techno/breaks aka the cheese spin off.

3. a post old shool flyers main thread contest.

4. classics night

5. i would certainly add drug related links to the bad effects of drugs and help numbers centers etc.. perception is truth..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nickjunkie

1200 CJ members! it was almost about 300 new ones in the last 2 weeks or so.

It's actually around 11,000 CJ members in Miami - we're in the process of combining the old database with the new one to show the true numbers...

Guest pod

We've got our army almost ready. I just have to get the requisite armaments, and then we take over the world 8)