Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howard Stern kicked off the air..!!!

V. Barbarino

Guest djdimaggio
maybe you'll be next from CJ!   ;D

jussst kidding.  you are a douche bag, but sometimes you can be insightful.  ;)

[glow=red,2,300]Play nice purveyors of party perfection ;D[/glow]

Guest JMT
BUSH SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX!

I'm moving to The south pacific already

is mars accepting new residents?  :P

are you kidding? do you really think the prez has nothing better to do than listen to Stern???

the FCC is its own self-governing commission.  Blame them (maybe congress) and Clear Channel, since they pulled the plug before the FCC even threatened anything.  

Guest endymion

Have to agree with that one, JMT. This isn't an example of Bush sucking. This is an example of a giant corporation sucking.

My thinking on this is that we have a ripe opportunity to draw a lot of attention to alternative media like net radio. If Howard Stern's team were able to put together their own studio with a net radio broadcast that they control and satellite radio syndication then he could be richer in the long run and retain more creative control over his tasteless content. He could easily become the 'killer app' of net radio. His audience is ideal for it because most of them listen to him from work, where they are using somebody elses' high-speed net connection. Stern could easily get the financing together to make that happen. It isn't expensive at all and it could be profitable from day one.

I can't stand the man personally but that would be a good thing for free thinkers everywhere on the entire planet.

Guest JMT
Have to agree with that one, JMT.  This isn't an example of Bush sucking.  This is an example of a giant corporation sucking.

My thinking on this is that we have a ripe opportunity to draw a lot of attention to alternative media like net radio.  If Howard Stern's team were able to put together their own studio with a net radio broadcast that they control and satellite radio syndication then he could be richer in the long run and retain more creative control over his tasteless content.  He could easily become the 'killer app' of net radio.  His audience is ideal for it because most of them listen to him from work, where they are using somebody elses' high-speed net connection.  Stern could easily get the financing together to make that happen.  It isn't expensive at all and it could be profitable from day one.

I can't stand the man personally but that would be a good thing for free thinkers everywhere on the entire planet.

glad to see we dont have to disagree on everything! LOL

Guest JMT
Of course not man.  You seem like a sharp guy to me.

thanks tech.  the same goes for you.

the dissagreements on here arent personal.

on that other thread, we seem to enjoy the same quality TV.   8)

Guest endymion

Okay then I withdraw the word "most". Lots and lots of people listen to Howard Stern at work, bosses be damned. Enough for a profitable market.