Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Party?

Guest web_norah

where is the best party where in Ibiza?

i say the Underground is great if Mr C is doing the Superfreak thing again

We Love Sundays

and Funky Room inside Pacha anyday is great, esp if Sarah Main or Angel Linde play

Guest bcnjunkie

It's a three day festival dedicated to all electronica, from hip hop to electro, from house to techno.  They have no only DJ's but musicians and performers (I went in June of last year and they had BJORK !).  They also have multimedia art and a electronica tradeshow simsilar to WMC.  during the day it's held in the Museum of modern art and at night at the convention center.  This year for closing it was about 50,000 people.  The day events star at 10:00 until 8:00 then the night events start at 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. (until 8:00 for closing night). When you buy your ticket, they will give you a small booklet detailing the name of the DJ, what time they will be on, a brief description of the type of music they play and what label they're under and where the residencies are.  and it's put on by the region's goverment as a cultural event.  YES ! PUT ON BY THE GOVERMENT.  I've heard there, Laurent Garnier, Ralph Lawson, Mistress Barbara, Ritchie Hawtin, Carl Cox, and a myriad of international DJ's from Japan to Canada.  They always try to get a blend of established and up & coming DJ's with cutting edge in mind.  Also you can buy vynil, CD's, equipment, etc.

Guest djdimaggio

except when you go back to boston and your girlfriend is still hangin out with my in nyc!

[glow=red,2,300]Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah...sticks and stones will break my bones but that two by four you're holdin' really looks big ;D ;D ;D[/glow]

Guest web_norah

for me some of the best festivals are those with different sorts of music, whether live acts or djs. some of those in the past, Pop Komm in Germany, Creamfields in UK, and the series in the Park in NYC

going to Sonar this yr ;D

Guest bcnjunkie
Sounds amazing.

It really is !, last year after ritchie Hawtin (right after Sonar) Hooked up with Sven vath and spun for free at an afterhours righyt outside bcn, for kicks. They wanted to keep spinning.  i happened to be at that afterhours and I couldn't believe it.  They rocked, the place got filled  in a matter of minutes, I've never seen so many people pull out cell phones in a club.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest antonio
festivals wise Sonar in Barcelona is about the best I've seen

Yup, Sonar is one, if not the best, festival. Also, the spanish people have some sort of magic or flavor that makes it even better

Guest bcnjunkie
What's up bcnjunkie, did I get to meet you at WMC??

yeah ! upstairs at Pearl for Radio1/CJ party. I was wearing the CJ t-shirt (represent ;D)

Guest antonio

Yeah, I remeber you, we were comparing my photographer's cooljunkie t-shirt (which we made here in San Juan) with yours

Guest bcnjunkie

Yeah, I remeber you, we were comparing my photographer's cooljunkie t-shirt (which we made here in San Juan) with yours

yup !!!, how have you been and your friends ?

Guest bcnjunkie

We've been great, yet working alot. Check out the new Cooljunkie San Juan site!!!!

I already did !, cool beans 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fbarassi

The best party scene I have ever seen (pardon the pun) was in the late 80's in Spain...

By the way, what do I need to do to get a bunch of cool stars after my name like BCN and ANTONIO and not be a baby cooljunkie anymore? I am starting to feel like a third rate junkie citizen....

Guest sarahcj

The best party scene I have ever seen (pardon the pun) was in the late 80's in Spain...

By the way, what do I need to do to get a bunch of cool stars after my name like BCN and ANTONIO and not be a baby cooljunkie anymore? I am starting to feel like a third rate junkie citizen....

Just post more, the more you post the more stars you get!!