Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just curious

Guest bcnjunkie

Take it easy on the Dutch master

I am Tiesto's MC..... 8)

Straight up & honest.

I will be with him on Thursday night in a party called "Invited" together with Pete Tong in Rotterdam.

I know some of you  realy "special people" like to give him hard time.

Tiesto bashing seems to have become a sport.

Thats cool with him as his bank balance will take any away any pain caused by  green eyed monsters of flame.

The fact is that he is a nice fellow who helps and surports a lot of people in the Dutch scene including kremlin.

I find people who go around dissing this DJ & that stlye of music realy sad, yet funny in laugh at the village idiot sort of way.

It is a bit like going into a steak house screeming that "chicken is better that beef".

As that wannabe Italian  Saleen would say...

"Beef is so over".

;D

Are you the MC that is on the TIC DVD release party from Breda? the one that says things like "whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, tell the DJ I love you?" there is a re-ocurring MC with tiesto ive noticed thru the years...he says funny things and sometimes tries to make his own echo effect...Like when he says "Tiesto in control....in control....in control...." haha :D

anyway, is that you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie
anyone outside Miami (or US) check out this site ? ;D ;DIm From ireland,

love the website, best dedication ive seen to dance music 8)

cool, u coming for conference ? what part o' ireland u from ?

ps Irish are crazy ! (in a good way ;D)

Guest ciaran_r

:D Hi BCN

Would Love To go to miami :-/, Hoping And Praying soon ill be able to go ;D, but until then radio 1 is the next best thing

Im On the west coast of ireland :-/

Is Miami as dear as ibiza?

Would Love To go to miami :-/, Hoping And Praying soon ill be able to go ;D, but until then radio 1 is the next best thing

Great question....Id say that miami is like ibiza during the conference when it comes to the amount of DJs (omni)present. Miami really only has one really big superculb though, and it doenst fit as many people as, say amnesia or Privilege in Ibiza...BUT, miami definitely has more of a chic appeal to it....art deco and some serious glitz and glam that allure some of Hollywood's most famous celebrities.....plus the Atlantic ocean on the coast of south beach and below is so gorgeous....mmm I can almost taste it thinking about it right now! It is really the American Riviera, persay, along the same latitude as the Bahamas and below, extreme close proximity to Cuba (many Cubans have floated to miami in tires and makeshift rafts it's so close) ...

Guest bcnjunkie

For the conference it is very similar, Day pool parties, night club parties, and even thugh we may only have one megaclub (Space) we have beautiful multilevel, not necessarily small clubs. But you've got super clubs like, Crobar, Opium Garden/Prive, State (formerly Spin), mansion (formerly Level), the new to open Nocturnal, Envy and Nikki Beach which is divided into three areas (Pearl which is more lounge and futuristic design, a club-like inside area and an expansive open area on the sand with different ambients), the there's the smaller clubs like Nerve and Blue. Year round, it would be like a mix between Ibiza and St.Tropez.

By the way, when I was going to school in Paris I had several Irish friends, tell me something, did they bottle feed you alcohol as children, by God can Irish drink !, but nerver a dull moment ;D The irish are A-OK in my book !

Guest ciaran_r

Wow 2 qoutes in a row :o

LOL.

Your making me jealous, i was supposed to go to ibiza this year but it got messed up.

Miami sounds great ;D

And yes the irish drink till they drop-its not a myth ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

nothing like Ibiza but u should try & make it for conference, ONE BIG PARTY !!! people from all over the world !!!, what part of Ireland r u from ?

Guest ciaran_r

:DCOOOL The redbox is a cool club, it was revamped last year, but their starting to die down a little

EG: for some reason there putting on schooldisco.com on the fridays(DJ nights),

dont know if you have them in the states but they are the pits, the novelty wore off when z list celebrities turned them down :D

But timo maas this week, deep dish on st patricks week and hopefully lawler up and coming

Love to see deep dish but thinking of seeing smokin jo instead. :D

Norah youve been round a while 97 to see maw in dublin ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

been a fan of Europe myself a long time, first time saw Sasha was 93 in Paris (for Soma parties) and first year went to MOS in London !

I think you need to come to WMC, every big name on the planet (practically) will be here. Deep Dish, hmmm as of lately haven't seen anything impressive, maybe smoking jo might be a better choice, however, in Ibiza in June I wasn't too impresssed either !, she banged it more than usual (my 2 cents) ;D

and yes Norah is very knowledgeable on electronica and the scene

Guest web_norah

though i dont label myself an expert in clubbing....i have trotted around - and loooooved Dublin when i went (and the Irish)...it is nice to see how other places take in the whole dj clubbing culture....MAW 97 was outstanding and they are still working hard these days...

yeah Smokin Jo, can be a bit stale....saw her in Brighton & she was zzzzzzzz (made me sleeppppppy)..Deep Dish is also a toss in the bucket, if you ask me....albeit, last wmc, Sharam was doing some magic in the last party at Space Miami....BCN and i witnessed it all.....til the end  :o

Guest ciaran_r

:(to be honest its pretty bad!

But theres a new club open this saturday in north ireland, ferry corsten is launching his albm and marshall jefferson up soon and big every week, which is really good, so that will be a few dates in my diary,

Theres also spirit in dublin(new york etc) which brings in roger sanchez, morillo, morales etc more of a funky thing really, going to morales 8).

And then theres the redbox, which hosts mainly the sashas, lawler, howells,cox etc etc.

but all are good, things are improving here, it was pretty bad for a while, also the crowd is changing i think as well, it had a big boom in 2000 everything was happening it was a good time but alot of people jumped on the bandwagon and now the real followers are shining through. ;D

Future looks good, dance looks healthy :)

Guest ciaran_r

Shine is in belfast, long way up, but they have some great guests, also radio helps them out a lot alan simms is the resident, hes really good,

And lush is beside that, another one that gets top jocks and r1 helps them out as well emixes etc. ;D

There is a little club in belfast called milk, its mostly just funky house, they have subliminal ;D ;D ;D residence, which is odd, because i never really hear it mentioned on radio club listings, and i spoke to people in belfast and they dont know where it is :),

northern ireland have a good few things happening,,

the club nearest to me in n.ireland is a 3hr+ drive, so its hard to get up there :'(

Guest web_norah

i see.....

funny, there was a herd of Northern Irish people i met at Danny Tenaglia's party at Arc NY over summertime and they all talked about Shine .... :P

Guest bcnjunkie
Shine is in belfast, long way up, but they have some great guests, also radio helps them out a lot alan simms is the resident, hes really good,

And lush is beside that, another one that gets top jocks and r1 helps them out as well emixes etc. ;D

There is a little club in belfast called milk, its mostly just funky house, they have subliminal ;D ;D ;D residence, which is odd, because i never really hear it mentioned on radio club listings, and i spoke to people in belfast and they dont know where it is :),

northern ireland have a good few things happening,,

the club nearest to me in n.ireland is a 3hr+ drive, so its hard to get up there :'(

that place milk sounds like my cup-o-tea ;D