Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guest endymion

Yep, the instability and the struggle between the progressives and the old guard is the only thing holding China back, they are poised to explode if they manage to sort out a more progressive government. Predicting whether or not that's likely is really hard because their government is so completely opaque, so they are definitely a force to phear.

The big reason why China and Asia in general are something to worry about is that they are going to get a much greater overall return on their technology investments than we are. We invented the net and we went through a lot of trouble and a lot of growing pains like the tech bubble in order to make it all work and to understand how to use it. Now that it works, POOF, places like Singapore, the Koreas, Indonesia, etc get a fully functional, off-the-shelf Internet, PLUS a handy guide book on what mistakes not to make as they move through their own little Information Revolutions. They won't make the mistakes that we made, and they won't cause recessions for themselves like we did by overvaluing technology. They know exactly what it can do and what it can't and they will invest appropriately. That's a big leg up, and it we don't use our head start to make sure that we stay ahead then they can leapfrog us. Fortunately for us, the traditionalists in China are completely misguided about how to go about using the net right now. Governments get overthrown. One little progressive regime change in Bejing and we're all in trouble. The USSR collapsed, it could happen. They have Hong Kong now too, that's Very Bad for the west if we start competing directly.

Back to the light stuff and the original topic, the whole reason why I like South Beach is because it's a pretty decent blend of some of what I see as the better aspects of the US and Europe. People here are fully immersed in entrepeneurial culture but a good number of them have a sense of style. Good music and nightlife, diverse dining options, lots of really active little niche cultures. We don't have that old world feel and the public transportation here just sucks, so we have some of the negatives of the US, but overall it's a great place for people on the fence between the US and Europe.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest endymion

Hey waitaminute Vinyl Junkie, you're the one who started this thread!

I make a point of avoiding politics and just enjoying my buzz at parties. I'm in a whole different mind set when I read these forums as a break from biz.

What I really need is a job that just involves hanging out at parties with a buzz on. Ah, the life of a DJ...

Guest pod

Well, once someone coughs up the $20 billion for it, we're set. Though the fat boy is still on the ramp at Kiev for a thousandth of the price.

Endymion, welcome to the cooljunkie forum ! Yes you too are now among the elite. Given enough time you too will develop a 'funny accent'.

This is a tragic side effect of intheboothaloticus, a deadly virus brought over by the many lathargic 'funny accenteers' migrating from the once huge 'DJ' now known as the 'UK', during the early 1900's.

Thankfully we've discovered a cure: lager. We don't know exactly how it helps, but it makes us feel really good. And we laugh a lot.

Really we do.

Guest nickjunkie
Endymion, welcome to the cooljunkie forum ! Yes you too are now among the elite. Given enough time you too will develop a 'funny accent'.

This is a tragic side effect of intheboothaloticus, a deadly virus brought over by the many lathargic 'funny accenteers' migrating from the once huge 'DJ' now known as the 'UK', during the early 1900's.

Thankfully we've discovered a cure: lager. We don't know exactly how it helps, but it makes us feel really good. And we laugh a lot.

Really we do.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest endymion

One thing that CoolJunkie clearly has covered is a very diverse array of funny accents. They get even funnier when everybody starts drinking. That alone is all the entertainment that I need, the music is just icing to me.

Ahh hafta werk tuh haahd uh purty durned hayvee Cayjun draawl, you guys aren't the only ones. Yeehaw!

Guest pod

Then I can do my piss-poor imitation of a cuban accent for fun!

"joo no, i put de raycing stripe on ma camera, eet adds 2 geegs to da memohry cheep!" 8)

Screw both I say South America.....

The scene there is in its infancy and the clubs are just a nice if not better (although there's not as many)... Of all the places in the world I want to retire / live its Brazil! 8)

& POD I think your flash is too brite and it is gradualy eating your brain cells away :P

Guest endymion

Oh yes, B-Side, I agree! I have met some extremely sexy Brazilians since moving to Miami. Intense people. The idea of a whole country full of them makes my knees all wobbly.

Do they hate Americans yet, or could I admit where I'm from and still have fun there?

Guest shannon_coolj.

Thankfully we've discovered a cure: lager. We don't

know exactly how it helps, but it makes us feel really good. And we laugh a lot.

Really we do.

funny stuff :D:) :) :) 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcnjunkie

IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR PERCEPTION OF QUALITY OF LIFE IS.

POLITICALLY & CIVICALLY SPEAKING THE U.S. IT'S A BIT MORE RIGID AND CONSERVATIVE. THERE'S LESS FREEDOM. ALTERNATIVELY THERE'S MORE ECONOMIC FREEDOM AND CERTAINLY EASIER TO ACQUIRE WEALTH.

EUROPE IS VERY FREE BUT IT'S VERY HARD TO GAIN MONETARY WEALTH. THERE'S ALSO MORE ELITIST GROUPS THAT ARE THE HEIGHT OF SNOBS.

PLUS EUROPE IS A BIT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, IN SPAIN: THE CATALANS HATE THE CASTILIANS WHO HATE THE BASQUE WHO HATE THE ADALUZANS WHO HATE THE GALICIANS ????, U.K.: JUST THE IRISH THING IS DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND (THE WHOLE PROTESTANT CATHOLIC THING !), AND THE SCOTISH WHO HATE THE WELSCH WHO ARE NOT REALLY ENGLISH (WHO UNDERSTANDS ?), THAN THERE'S BELGIUM WHOSE FLEMISH REFUSE TO SPEAK FRENCH, SPEAKING OF FRENCH WHOSE NORTHERN PEOPLE LOOK MORE GERMAN AND SOUTHERN PEOPLE LOOK MORE ITALIAN, WHO HATE THE BRITISH (BUT SOMEHOW IT IS THE #1 DESTINATION FOR FRENCH, AND FRANCE IS THE #1 FOR BRITISH, GOTTA BE THE LOVE HATE THING OR MASOCHISM , WHO KNOWS ?) AND THEN THERE'S THE PARISIANS WHO JUST HATE EVERYBODY !!!!, AND THERE'S THE SWISS WHO HAVE 4 OFFICIAL LANGUAGES AND LIVE WELL TOGETHER IN THE ITALIAN, GERMAN, FRENCH AND GERMAN SIDES BUT HATE THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES !!! AND THE DUTCH ARE TOO HAPPY TO REALIZE WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND THEM !!!, AND THEN THERE'S THE NORDIC COUNTRIES AND THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER MESS !!!! HOWEVER IT IS CURIOUS TO NOTE THAT FINLAND HAS SOME OF THE HIGHEST RATES OF SUICIDE IN THE WORLD, CERTAINLY NOT IN MY TOP PIC IN THE "MOVING SOON TO" CATEGORY. AND NOW THEY ARE ALL UNIFIED (EXCEPT UK AND SWITZERLAND) UNDER ONE COIN (AS IF THEY DIDN'T HATE EACH OTHER ENOUGH... WHAT'S THE POINT ?) ANYWAYS WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY... MAKE THE BUCKS HERE !!!! HAVE FUN IN EUROPE !!!!

J.C.

Guest sarahcj

Ha ha nice observations J.C.

Don't forget the north/south divides and as for football teams - forget it!!!

Guest nickjunkie
IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR PERCEPTION OF QUALITY OF LIFE IS.  

POLITICALLY & CIVICALLY SPEAKING THE U.S. IT'S A BIT MORE RIGID AND CONSERVATIVE.  THERE'S LESS FREEDOM. ALTERNATIVELY THERE'S MORE ECONOMIC FREEDOM AND CERTAINLY EASIER TO ACQUIRE WEALTH.  

EUROPE IS VERY FREE BUT IT'S VERY HARD TO GAIN MONETARY WEALTH.  THERE'S ALSO MORE ELITIST GROUPS THAT ARE THE HEIGHT OF SNOBS.  

PLUS EUROPE IS A BIT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, IN SPAIN: THE CATALANS HATE THE CASTILIANS WHO HATE THE BASQUE WHO HATE THE ADALUZANS WHO HATE THE GALICIANS ????, U.K.: JUST THE IRISH THING IS DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND (THE WHOLE PROTESTANT CATHOLIC THING !), AND THE SCOTISH WHO HATE THE WELSCH WHO ARE NOT REALLY ENGLISH (WHO UNDERSTANDS ?), THAN THERE'S BELGIUM WHOSE FLEMISH REFUSE TO SPEAK FRENCH, SPEAKING OF FRENCH WHOSE NORTHERN PEOPLE LOOK MORE GERMAN AND SOUTHERN PEOPLE LOOK MORE ITALIAN, WHO HATE THE BRITISH (BUT SOMEHOW IT IS THE #1 DESTINATION FOR FRENCH, AND FRANCE IS THE #1 FOR BRITISH, GOTTA BE THE LOVE HATE THING OR MASOCHISM , WHO KNOWS ?) AND THEN THERE'S THE PARISIANS WHO JUST HATE EVERYBODY !!!!, AND THERE'S THE SWISS WHO HAVE 4 OFFICIAL LANGUAGES AND LIVE WELL TOGETHER IN THE ITALIAN, GERMAN, FRENCH AND GERMAN SIDES BUT HATE THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES !!!  AND THE DUTCH ARE TOO HAPPY TO REALIZE WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND THEM !!!, AND THEN THERE'S THE NORDIC COUNTRIES AND THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER MESS !!!! HOWEVER IT IS CURIOUS TO NOTE THAT FINLAND HAS SOME OF THE HIGHEST RATES OF SUICIDE IN THE WORLD, CERTAINLY NOT IN MY TOP PIC IN THE "MOVING SOON TO" CATEGORY. AND NOW THEY ARE ALL UNIFIED (EXCEPT UK AND SWITZERLAND)  UNDER ONE COIN (AS IF THEY DIDN'T HATE EACH OTHER ENOUGH... WHAT'S THE POINT ?)  ANYWAYS WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY... MAKE THE BUCKS HERE !!!! HAVE FUN IN EUROPE !!!!

J.C.

You've got my vote :)

Guest bcnjunkie

sldcj: like you comments, very true !. and yes, soccer is a whole other ball game (no pun intended). lifelong friendships have ended and wars have started over "football". You would need alot more room and alot more time than we have to discuss that one !

Guest fredda

LOL!!!

bcnjunkie: Your "perception" has been pretty deep... ??? and very funny as well ;D

As nickjunkie: you have have got my vote too! :D That was very nice!

Guest bcnjunkie

BESIDES THE OBVIOUS ;D , I MEANT THAT PEOPLE IN THE NETHERLANDS SEEM VERY HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE AT HOME !!! AND ARE VERY PROUD !!!