Clubplanet Nightlife Community

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie

SERIOUSLY, I REALLY LIKE THE TULIP, WIMDNILL, WOODEN CLOG, GOUDA CHEESE NETHERLANDS THAT SOME MIGHT NOT REALIZE IS THERE !

J.C.

I live in the village of Edam...We hate those Gouda fake cheese bastards... ;D

Edam cheese is the king of Dutch cheese league and those Gouda bastards know it.

It is true that the Dutch are realy into things like Bikes,Dykes,Tulips & Windmills but the Dutch are also the most advanced party nation on this planet.The Brits look over the North sea to Holland they bow their heads down to the Worlds Leading Force in dance Music.the Germans beg the Dutch for imput into their scene.

The Smokers from the Lowlands lead the way at the moment in most areas including production,promotion,producing & DJs.

Big guns like Tiesto, Ferry & Armin in the Dance world play second fiddle to no-one.Michel de Hey,Steve Rachmad & Speedy J are tearing up the Techno scene.

Sander Klieneberg,Remy & Junkie XL are pure quality.

The Dutch have some new fresh talent about to step up in the world scene including Mathew Deekay, Nick K & the wicked DJ Roog.The list go's on and on forever and ever.

As for the wooded shoes well what can I say...Only the Dutch would design horrible lumps of wood as a shoe,

call them Clogs then sell them by the ship load to the French who seem to think that they good for your feet.

::)

Guest bcnjunkie

larry: well you certainly convinced me !!!, Actually one of the best nights I ever had was at the Roxy in Amsterdam in 1995, I think Dimitri was spinning. I'm not crazy about the hard stuff (Tiesto is not my thing, not a trance person) but sander !, there's a bad ass dj. also what ever happened to dj jean ??? . My favorite dj (Sergio Patricio) spun not too long ago in Chemistry (I Think it was chemistry). Any guys, from that list you sent, spin house ? always open to try and hear new dj's. FUCK those gouda bastards, I suppose !! ;D. have you been to Barcelona, there's a huge scene there as well. I'm sure it will provide Amsterdams scene with some good competition !

Yes I was on the main stage all day at Dance Valley...very nice.I will do CJ a report of that stage.

Barcaolna is very hot at the moment but the biggest production this year (Apart from Sonar) was a 10,000 people event on the main plaza sq in Barcalona.

Junior Sanchez

Kenny Dope

Steve Lawler.

MC Marxman

It was a amazing production

and a fantastic night but it was a Dutch company controling the whole show.

If you look to Ibiza you will find only 1 or 2 Spanish productions as most are from the UK.

The Spanish can compete with the Dutch during the summer but when winter kicks in they hibenate.

We have a stack of HOUSE DJs coming out of Holland at the moment & the cream of the crop is this pint sized guy called

DJ Roog.(Hard Soul Rec's)

I met Ron Carrol (lucky star) last time I was in Miami & he could not shut up about ROOG and they working together on some stuff.

As for the Trance it is hard to tell whats what.

All the big Name Trance DJs in Holland keep throwing Techno,Tech House & all sorts into their sets.

Tiesto's sets in Holland are realy a bit of everything.

Anyway all in all at the end of the day when push comes to shove and your back is againts the wall with nowhere to run...blah blah blah ;D

Here are some links to photos from the festival

http://www.0900happyfew.com

( Pod will like the happy few.. hardcore hardhousers ;D)

http://party.snt.utwente.nl/flock/SECTION/gallery/ACTION/single/PARTYID/5660/PUSERID/2269.html

http://www.partyscene.nl

then go to special reports

or

http://www.dancevalley.com

I hope you enjoy looking at some of the stunning ladys who graced the festival because I did..... ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

larry: will try and take some time to check out pics. ??. The last time I was in Amsterdam (1999) I couldn't find much !!! that's not to say it wasn't there !, plus I can only speak for Amsterdam. I know that in Ibizat parties are mostly run by brits but anyways, there's still nothing like it ! As for bcn, I think you should take another look. Their scene is extremely well organized: Nightsungroup owns La terrrazza (open in summer), discotheque (open in winter). both play mainly house but do bring in techno masters like sven vath. They also own cube (for techno) and risco (soulful house and garage). they publish venus (a very avant-garde fashion/music magazine) and organize B-parade (barcelona's version of love parade). They also have ties to Privilige, Ibiza. Appart from that there's salsitas group (with restaurants and clubs, they also own the new club pin-up inn Ibiza), matinee group (more of a gay scene), and fritz group (the undeniable afterhours kings with three afterhours and 1 bar). Then there are some clubs that throw their own parties and parties in conjuction with the groups, for example, La Paloma. As for DJ's it's very difficult for them to get world wide exposure but I've heard amazing sets by: Xavi II, Sergio Patricio, Angel Molina (techno), Pelucas and was completely blown away by Professor Angeldust (he was incredible, some of the best house I have hear in a long long time). All bcn dj's. Also Sonar is a fricking party ! However, next time I go to the Netherlands, maybe you can throw some suggestions my way !!! I'm always down to discover a new scene ;D

J.C.

Guest sarahcj

Well the Dance Valley event at this years WMC was certainly very organised. We went to the press party and there was lots of info on all the dutch artists and leaflets, video the whole works. It was strange to see so many tall blonds in Opium Garden also!!

Guest bcnjunkie

sldcj: My UK friends went to dance Valley, they said it was pretty good. I think in general, Europe tends to be a bit more organized, what do you think ? plus I really want to go Dancevalley (I've heard nothing but good things).

larry: also, when I went to amsterdam last, the roxy had a fire and IT had just been shut down. Maybe I went at a time with a slight slump in nightlife !

J.C.

BCN..... ;D

"The last time I was in Amsterdam (1999) I couldn't find much ".....

LOL

I bet you found a coffeeshop quick enough ;D

Yeah 1999 was a wierd one...It was the year the Dutch woke up a bit late...but as you said...."you need to have good info in Holland to get the best out of the place.

Roxy RIP

It was a friend of mine that lit the fuse to the firework in the Roxy that went through the vent shaft that burnt the place to the ground. :-[

If you do not visit Dance valley at least once in your life then as Carl Cox said "you have never lived"

;D

Guest bcnjunkie

;Dlarry: coffee shops easy to find ! ;D, great parties not so easy, but I can understand (loads of cheesy tourists). are you serious ? a friend of yours ? shame, that place was off da hook ! I want to go to dance valley but that's why my name is bcnjunkie (I'm addicted to bcn) but will make it one day, I hope, maybe can coordinate with F. make a Cj trip out of it ???

Guest bcnjunkie

SLDCJ: talking about organization, for Sonar in bcn, when you buy your ticket they give you a booklet, with maps for both daytime and nightime events (held in different places). along with dj schedules that include the arena they will be in, time, name, brief background (where they are from, label they're with, alias, etc.) , brief description of style and where their residency is (if they have one). This past Sonar they had acts from Sweden, Finland, Japan, France, U.K. (obviously), Spain, Italy, U.S.A., Argentina, Austria, Canada and many more. Also whe a dj is on, they proyect in huge screens the name and where they are from. Most of the programming runs pretty tight ! you should check it out one summer ! it's good because it coincides with some of the opening parties in Ibiza

BCN check this out...1 week after Dance Valley we have a parade in Rotterdam called Fast Forward.It will never get the same PR as Berlin but it rocks.I was on the last truck in the parade with DJ/ Producer Michel de Hey and he ripped the streets up with a amazing Tech- House,Funkey Techno & Classic's.The truck broke down and we half way round the parade and we had to be towed in the final area.As we we were brought in to the meeting point for the trucks Michel was playing to a estimated crowd of 150,000 people.The event over all had a estimated half a million party people.It is just another reason that the first 3 weeks of August 2004 Holland is the place to be.Trust me.  ;D

Here are some links to pic's of the event...

http://www.dancelinx.com/DLX/report/photo.asp?id=2427

http://www.ffwdheinekendanceparade.nl/index2.html

http://www.onlydance.nl/fotos/thumbnails.php?album=9

http://groups.msn.com/ministry/ffwddanceparade090803.msnw

Next week LOVE FIELDS.

http://www.extrema.nl/lovefields/

The and after that we have

http://mysteryland.id-t.com/mysteryland2003/

it is a lot of info but it is good for planing a trip next year as these are secure events with permits. ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

larry: 150,000 :o i'm impressed, you got my attention ! I wanna hit the netherlands again, maybe go to dance valley, dunno, maybe hit edam, for some real cheese ??? will check out pics. so you we're part of this parade, on a float ?, sounds fun. Don't take me wrong about Spain, Just giving you the resons why I love it. Spain has massive fectivals too (there's one in the desert (forgott the name), but I know the netherlands rocks, plus I'm a big fan of your chicks !

j.c.

"Don't take me wrong about Spain, Just giving you the resons why I love it.  Spain has massive fectivals too (there's one in the desert (forgott the name)".

;D ;D ;D Don't take any notice of me coz I just fly the Dutch Flag every chance I get. ;D ;D ;D

I worked for 2 years at Amnesia Ibiza & I am over there a lot.(Too much some Spanish will say... ;D)

I should be there today for Carl Cox & Michel De Hey in Space ...Tuesday 12th August.But the flight company nazi bastards have hiked the price of the flight from Amsterdam to Ibiza.It was about 200 Euros & now they want 900 Euros. >:( >:( >:( >:(...(It is cheaper to fly return to Miami.)

I will not pay it ...I could get there but the weather in Holland is fantastic and the flight company have put me off.

My mate just got back and he did not shut up about the drink prices in all the clubs on Ibiza...$45 dollars for 2 cokes and water in Pacha. ;) :-/ :-X

He is right coz you can get a massive bag of Northen Light killa bud for the same price here in the Lowlands.

I am also trying to get to Valencia on thursday for a 5,000 people shakedown.

Spain is hot.

But I have to say in terms of production they need to have thier lazy butts kicked coz they like to do things tomorrow..Not today tomorrow.

I think that Miami could easy rival Ibiza as the sunshine

party capital of the world if some of those Mega rich types you seem to have a lot of decide it is time.

As P.Diddy said "If any club in Ibiza has a problem with me not paying my massive bar bill I will buy the club".

I say "Put your money where your mouth  is Diddy boy and construct a super club bigger than any thing Ibiza has seen"

;D

I think the other festival in Spain you was on about is

called...

Groove Parade.

http://www.love2party.nl/frames.asp

go to foreign affairs.

I might be wrong but that is rare..... ;D

Let me know

and start planning that Dutch road trip.

PS.

More Dutch party pic's ( if you like the ladys)

http://www.rud-gr.com/wallpaperfolder/wallpapers-music/

Guest bcnjunkie

dutch chicks... bring em' on !!!, you lucky bastards, sorrounded by the hottest chicks on the planet, very nice !. Nope, that's not the one in spain. this one is closer to Valencia and I think it's in March !, but anyhoot !, I really don't follow festivals anyways, I'll go but I'm much more of a clubber !, still, wanna check out fast fwd. looks like good fun ! B-parade in bcn i supposed to be pretty good also. And yes I'm planning a trip with a friend for dance valley next year... like I've said, heard only really good things. ps is dj Jean still around ???? he used to play IT and Roxy (before your friend set it on fire ;D)

am from Belgium, am proud to be European and have lived in the States for a looooong time now.

Definitely USA! No question! Especially So. Fla.

Don't get me wrong, I miss Europe for certain things but whenever I am back there, I would panic if I had to live in Europe permanently again. I find that especially when I speak to my family over there on a regular basis, their mentality is still in the dark ages... it's a completely diffferent world, one I would not be able to get used to again. To go and visit... ANYTIME!!!!!!!

Guest bcnjunkie

katia; in the dark ages ???? really ??? I think Europe (at least for civil liberties is way ahead of the game !)

• 7 months later...
Guest fbarassi

Old thread.. but anyway I would rather live in Europe (southern). The big difference is that they work to live, whereas us sorry-ass Americans tend to live to work...