Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to be in Ney York for the first time...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hello... I'm from Miami and I'll be in New York for the first time for a quick trip, Friday April 16th thru Monday Afternoon April 19. I was looking for any suggestions of must do things while I'm there on a short trip. Any possibility that Danny Teneglia or Danny Howells may be playing somewhere in NY during the time I'll be there? But clubbing isn't on the top of my agenda. Mainly site seeing, good resturaunts (Best bang for the buck), record shopping, Coffee drinking etc.... Thank you.

Guest joeygk

Since it's your first time visiting the City I suggest just showing up w/ your tennis shoes on an explore, explore, explore.......getting lost on your own is the best way to discover NYC.

Here are some of my personal suggestions:

DJ/Clubs:

Danny Tenaglia will be spinnin' @ARC on Friday April 26 & Sunday April 28th (ARC closing parties)

Food:

Dos Caminos - LUV THIS PLACE (Park Ave S, Soho)

Blue Chili - my fav sushi bar (theatre district)

Coffee Pot - cheap food & staffed by models - great people watching (union square)

44X - best Sunday brunch in the city (Clinton)

Drinks:

Hudson Hotel - think Delano meets NYC - uber hip (central park west)

Coffee:

well there's a Starbucks every 15 feet so you're pretty much good to go.

Shopping:

Wander around Soho it has EVERYTHING! If the crowds on the weekend freak you out, head over to Bloomingdales @59th Street on the East Side. The Barney's Co-op in Chelsea & Century 21 in the financial district if you want designer stuff CHEAP!

have fun - NYC rulz

Hello... I'm from Miami and I'll be in New York for the first time for a quick trip, Friday April 26th thru Monday Afternoon April 19. I was looking for any suggestions of must do things while I'm there on a short trip. Any possibility that Danny Teneglia or Danny Howells may be playing somewhere in NY during the time I'll be there? But clubbing isn't on the top of my agenda. Mainly site seeing, good resturaunts (Best bang for the buck), record shopping, Coffee drinking etc.... Thank you.

well...I see you have a Time Machine! haha...coming on the 26th and leaving on the 19th. that's amazing.

im just playing with you. :) I presume you meant the 16th-19th. or the 26-29th. which one? Then let's see what we know is going on -- ims sure something that you will find enjoyable

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hello... I'm from Miami and I'll be in New York for the first time for a quick trip, Friday April 26th thru Monday Afternoon April 19. I was looking for any suggestions of must do things while I'm there on a short trip. Any possibility that Danny Teneglia or Danny Howells may be playing somewhere in NY during the time I'll be there? But clubbing isn't on the top of my agenda. Mainly site seeing, good resturaunts (Best bang for the buck), record shopping, Coffee drinking etc.... Thank you.

well...I see you have a Time Machine! haha...coming on the 26th and leaving on the 19th. that's amazing.

im just playing with you. :) I presume you meant the 16th-19th. or the 26-29th. which one? Then let's see what we know is going on -- ims sure something that you will find enjoyable

opps I'll fix that... :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Since it's your first time visiting the City I suggest just showing up w/ your tennis shoes on an explore, explore, explore.......getting lost on your own is the best way to discover NYC.

Here are some of my personal suggestions:

DJ/Clubs:

Danny Tenaglia will be spinnin' @ARC on Friday April 26 & Sunday April 28th (ARC closing parties)

Food:

Dos Caminos - LUV THIS PLACE (Park Ave S, Soho)

Blue Chili - my fav sushi bar (theatre district)

Coffee Pot - cheap food & staffed by models - great people watching (union square)

44X - best Sunday brunch in the city (Clinton)

Drinks:

Hudson Hotel - think Delano meets NYC - uber hip (central park west)

Coffee:

well there's a Starbucks every 15 feet so you're pretty much good to go.

Shopping:

Wander around Soho it has EVERYTHING! If the crowds on the weekend freak you out, head over to Bloomingdales @59th Street on the East Side. The Barney's Co-op in Chelsea & Century 21 in the financial district if you want designer stuff CHEAP!

have fun - NYC rulz

I heard that I would like SOHO. As far as Starbuck's go, I'm originally from Seattle. I just moved to Miami about a year ago. There are more Starbucks in Downtown Seattle then there are trees on the streets!!! I kid you not!

at Spirit

4/16-Gatecrasher featuring Eddie Halliwell, Darren Pearce and Victor Dinaire

4/17-Murk(in case u havent gotten enough of them in Miami ;) )

email me Andy@spiritnewyork.com if u need any more info :)

yes, I've got a crew already forming to come support Andy and go to the gatecrasher event. you're more than welcome to come with us, Patrick from miami will be coming as well---so you wont feel singular in my circle of friends. we are very fun and cool, not creepy at all, lemme know :D. x

Hello... I'm from Miami and I'll be in New York for the first time for a quick trip, Friday April 16th thru Monday Afternoon April 19. I was looking for any suggestions of must do things while I'm there on a short trip. Any possibility that Danny Teneglia or Danny Howells may be playing somewhere in NY during the time I'll be there? But clubbing isn't on the top of my agenda. Mainly site seeing, good resturaunts (Best bang for the buck), record shopping, Coffee drinking etc.... Thank you.

Here's some stuff off the top of my head...

CHEAP EATS:

Sushi to order - Osaka on 3rd ave...best value in the whole city. Spicy tuna handrolls & dragon rolls kick ass. Don't go in to eat there, it's scary.

Italian - Sotto Cinque 29/3rd. Most entrees are under $10. Get the penne with vodka sauce.

Corner Bistro - NYC classic burger joint. Look it up on Zagat's, but you'll have to ask 75 people how to find it because it's on a weird corner. Sometimes a wait, but the food is good and cheap.

Dinner - Dos Caminos is amazing, Joey you're bang on. The one in SoHo sucks the ballsack though - go to the one at park/26th.

Other ideas of places to check out: Il Bagatto - 2nd St/Ave B. Great "family italian" place...pretty authentic. Also down there is Frank (2nd/5th st.) - another good italian place. Kitchen 22 @ 22/park has a great price fixe for not so expensive - cool vibe and good food. Highly recommend.

Deli - Some will argue with me on this one but Katz's Deli on Houston and Ave A makes the best deli sandwich (corned beef, pastrami, etc.) that you will ever eat. It's great it there. They will carve you off a chunk to chew on as you wait for your sandwich to be made...you might not need to eat for the rest of the day after eating here. Get the steak fries - also great. (Satellite Records is right around the corner from here, by the way...)

BARS, NOT CLUBS:

I love the village. Best dive bar in the city is BY FAR "Down the Hatch" - 4th st. betw. 6th/7th avenue - most of my nights in NYC began and/or ended there. Cheap drinks and wings for late nights. Fun music. Recent addition of a beer pong table. Total gong show. That area is very fun and there are a ton of little bars and pubs all around - you can really bounce around with no door/cover/dress issues. "Off the Wagon" is another one in that area (Bleecker/MacDougall) that I'd recommend.

Little Italy (Mulberry St) is a bit cheesy and tacky, but if it's a nice day there's a couple of good pastry shops to grab an outdoor coffee and watch the world go by. Right down in SoHo, so you're not far....

Stay away from Times Square/Empire State Building. You may be tempted - but resist! Not worth the headaches!!!

Hope this is helpful, sorry it's not more extensive and thorough, but I'm trying to get outta here...

-Tim

;D :D ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

This all looks fun everyone. Keep the idea's rolling if possible.....Thank you

Guest trancelator

I trust EVJunkie will show us one hell of a great time. NYC is the shit and Gatecrasher will be awesome! Dave Seaman is the next night and I am considering going to that as well. No denying NYC is to be reckoned with... ;D ;D ;D

Guest trancelator

Dang! I just looked at the post count. I thought NYC had 4000 posts. WHERE ARE YOU NYC??!!! EV and Dimaggio can't do it all... ;D

Dang! I just looked at the post count. I thought NYC had 4000 posts. WHERE ARE YOU NYC??!!! EV and Dimaggio can't do it all... ;D

well, it is developing. Compared to 6 months ago, there was NOTHING....i think that now it is really picking up, I love to see that some posts get over 200 views alone...that was unheard of before...there are lots of people who are reading but not responding (like my friends Joanna and Dave, they are reading this right now, and do so religiously, but dont post any comments...which is kinda creepy -- shy peeping toms_-- jk ;)

Patrick, im glad that you have confidence in my crew and I to show a good time---- 8)

cant wait 4 gatecrasher ! as it looks now, we will have a really terrific crew coming....tim hopefully will be coming from boston as well, and all of Ryan (wheels) friends as well--- big debaucherous pre party at my apartment first, then head to spirit around 1...mm hmmm....looking forward to it...you should come to my apt first, of course. ill give you details closer to the time.

Guest trancelator

Of course, Evan. I will be there for an authentic NYC clubbing experience. My girlfriend may come along as well. That would be funny only cuz NONE of the Miami Junkies that I have partied with have ever hung out with her. She appreciates dance music but is quiet and loves playing mommy to our beloved puppies. Glad to hear the NY Junkies site is progressing. I'll do my best to contibute as well. :)

Guest joeygk
Kitchen 22 @ 22/park has a great price fixe for not so expensive - cool vibe and good food. Highly recommend.

Kitchen 22 is great (there is one on the Upper West Side too - Kitchen 82) --- the food is great. Some weeks better than others b/c the menu changes weekly. However, it's like the single best place to go on a first date -- the lighting in this restaurant is AMAZING! Seriously, i'm not joking. It has this recessed low watt soft pink back lighting --- it makes everyone looks tan & airbrushed --- !

I remember eating there for the first time looking around wondering why everyone was so hot --- then, I realized it was the pink lights ---- I need to get some of those for my bedroom! ;D

Guest durrtylexx

NY NY NY I love NY, I'm in New Jersey right in Union.I came here on Thrusday from Miami and I haven't been able to check out the City man I'm pissed......Dude I hope you come and enjoy and by the way its fucking freezing up here!!! :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

NY NY NY I love NY, I'm in New Jersey right in Union.I came here on Thrusday from Miami and I haven't been able to check out the City man I'm pissed......Dude I hope you come and enjoy and by the way its fucking freezing up here!!! :P

Good. I'm originally from Seattle and I miss the cold sometimes, so I'm ready as far as gear go's....

Guest LeVeL

After a couple of beers and hard liquor, I wont be cold in New York shoot I'll be walking around in a tang top forget abooouuut it!! 8)

Of course, Evan. I will be there for an authentic NYC clubbing experience. My girlfriend may come along as well. That would be funny only cuz NONE of the Miami Junkies that I have partied with have ever hung out with her. She appreciates dance music but is quiet and loves playing mommy to our beloved puppies. Glad to hear the NY Junkies site is progressing. I'll do my best to contibute as well. :)

PM me your cell, I want to set you up with something realllllly fun in Spider room on sat nite- (Spider is in avalon)(PS it is free entry and open bar :o)