Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Come on NY, am I the only one who will bring cool stories to the table??

God, I dont talk for a few days and the NY forum is silent. You big losers!

fine. Daddy is back to tell you some escapades.

First of all, let's look at Page 6 this morning. Tim passed this my way (via email)

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/16128.htm

I mean, really...if you've seen those things in Spider Room, you know that must have been pretty crazy! Raining Disco balls in Spider Room.

Some gossip:

Another Patrick McMullan/Gotham Mag party is next week. open bar all nite! The unveiling of the new 2005 Ford Mustang. i'll give more details in the column that will publish monday (I presume, nick. if that is good 4 you)

my friend Jamie broke her foot...(tech you met her) and she just started a new party on wed nites. She was hobbling about on crutches as she did her publicist thing and mingled. I babysat the bottle and flirted with as many people as possible. I was professing my love for the Dutch and one person said, "Im dutch, what does that mean for me?" my drunken reply: "I fuck Latins and like the dutch only as friends." i thought that was kinda funny when i thought back on it. i was a bit obnoxious last nite, but not bad. Tim has seen my worst behavior...san sebastian, spain...im laughing out loud rite now...

Met the new guy who is running Spider last nite---his name is Forrest Mallard- saw him at viscaya and then we walked back to visit Jamie @ 9 1/2 for her Xanadu party before I came home (did I walk home? did I take a taxi? was I alone? who knows) where is all my money?

Andy, I met Taylor last night. What a friendly person! I think he has ADD though. Joey, you should meet this guy, you both are two peas in a pod. Tyler (formerly did APT sundays with Patrick Duffy) is working alongside Taylor--now spinning at Viscaya on wed. In fact, he's got a whole new set up of parties going on, which is exciting! :D Viscaya Wednesdays, Industry Thursdays, Spirit Saturdays. All three of those venues are great.

Industry is in the East Village. My hood.

Viscaya is in Chelsea. GK's hood. :-*

Viscaya is relatively new, right? It's an awesome, awesome lounge, and will surely be off the hook this summer. I think there was a big outside area (god, I dont remember whether or not there was a roof where I was hanging out) -- anyway, it's yet another beautiful spot in Chelsea---on 21st and 7th...

i love watching Tyler spin. FYI Tyler was one of the very first people I met in NYC when I moved here after college. He was doing a party at Bowery Bar (it was superb....they served us dinner AND unlimited wine for free every Wednesday) So I went the first time and met him...and the next week was my birthday, so I went there with Jamie. I felt kind of alone in the city, no friends yet, and no one even came down to see me except Jamie. Suddenly at midnight the music stopped and went into a funky mix of a happy birthday song, and the entire place sang happy birthday to me and he came out with a piece of cake and a candle. I mean...really----how fucking touching is that! I was floored...a newbie to NYC...and this bar of amazing people was focused on me and i felt like a million bux that night. Ever since then Tyler and I have been very close---You'll learn more about him in the column i produce as time goes by :)

So what else, people...hmmm....yeah....im having lots of random thoughts today, and im hungover but not feeling shitty since I had such a great night last nite--- i love going out during the week...I miss being freelance when I had the opportunity to do that more often, the crowds are just so much more authentic nyc and better in general...and places arent as packed usually--- i mean, this is standard obvious shit but i thought id take a moment to point it out. it's all about appreciation. I appreciate everything....some would say im overly enthusiastic in that department. i dont care!

Life is great. take a moment to appreciate that. love you all...i must stop typing though it is proving to be such a formidable task.

Tim has seen my worst behavior...san sebastian, spain...im laughing out loud rite now...

Quick story:

Ev brought me to a gay bar. He pointed at random "guapos", while I drank tequila shot after tequila shot trying to make the situation seem more normal...

We left and Evan proceeded to attempt to acquire a hooker to service me (note: my girlfriend was back in our hotel room at the time...he was speaking mile-a-minute spanish, I was just standing there and smiling not knowing what he's talking about until some 50%-tooth blondie starts winking at me.) When that didn't work out we headed back to the hotel, knowing that we needed to be up in 3 hours to go run with the bulls.

On the way back to the hotel, Evan "the linebacker" decides to try and tackle me repeatedly into a wall. Considering the guy weighs about a buck and change drenched, this wasn't happening. So I guess he then decided to beat himself up instead (I am not entirely clear on the thought process here either folks). He proceeded to jump into bushes, trees, and then threw himself down an embankment, almost rolling onto the main "highway". (he did keep pace with me on the tequila shots, remember, but again he's a small man...so i think they may have short-circuited something upstairs.)

We get back to the hotel (sans hooker) and the girls are PISSED. (mostly because Evan decided that they'd probably think his antics were "funny" at this hour after they'd been asleep for hours already. The fact that he was covered in dirt and leaves likely didn't add to the humor either.)

Anyway - long story short - we get up the next day early. Drunk, we drive to the bulls in Pamplona...maps and roads are not our greatest friend in this condition. We miss the bulls, that town was digusting...we get back in the car 45 minutes later and beeline it outta there. End of story.

Next issue:

"Evan almost misses the ferry in Ibiza."

Stay tuned.

:)

Tim has seen my worst behavior...san sebastian, spain...im laughing out loud rite now...

Quick story:

Ev brought me to a gay bar. He pointed at random "guapos", while I drank tequila shot after tequila shot trying to make the situation seem more normal...

We left and Evan proceeded to attempt to acquire a hooker to service me (note: my girlfriend was back in our hotel room at the time...he was speaking mile-a-minute spanish, I was just standing there and smiling not knowing what he's talking about until some 50%-tooth blondie starts winking at me.) When that didn't work out we headed back to the hotel, knowing that we needed to be up in 3 hours to go run with the bulls.

On the way back to the hotel, Evan "the linebacker" decides to try and tackle me repeatedly into a wall. Considering the guy weighs about a buck and change drenched, this wasn't happening. So I guess he then decided to beat himself up instead (I am not entirely clear on the thought process here either folks). He proceeded to jump into bushes, trees, and then threw himself down an embankment, almost rolling onto the main "highway". (he did keep pace with me on the tequila shots, remember, but again he's a small man...so i think they may have short-circuited something upstairs.)

We get back to the hotel (sans hooker) and the girls are PISSED. (mostly because Evan decided that they'd probably think his antics were "funny" at this hour after they'd been asleep for hours already. The fact that he was covered in dirt and leaves likely didn't add to the humor either.)

Anyway - long story short - we get up the next day early. Drunk, we drive to the bulls in Pamplona...maps and roads are not our greatest friend in this condition. We miss the bulls, that town was digusting...we get back in the car 45 minutes later and beeline it outta there. End of story.

Next issue:

"Evan almost misses the ferry in Ibiza."

Stay tuned.

:)

oh my god, Tim you've outdone youself---that was so funny....im crying i laughed so hard.

you paint such a great picture here...i mean, you're going to be a great dad when you and lisa have a baby and marry--you're going to tell the best bedtime stories ever!

anyway, yes my behavior that night in Espana was out of character, people, im not usually like that!! Tim was a trooper. God I remember the hooker...but she came before the gay bar (thanks, by the way, I didnt know you were downing tequila to feel more normal. sorry that it made you feel abnormal, and thank you for setting me back ten years)

hehe

Spanish hookers...mmmm....so tasty. Tim didnt want any of that...

we didnt miss the bulls, persay, we got there just as they were released...we were sprinting down the street (remember I was still completely inibriated and had a stick that was like a sword. it also served as a pointer, i was pointing it at guapos and telling them they were guapo. spaniards are very receptive to that and dont get pissy at all. almost all said gracias with a big smile :Dpretty cool.) and got to the bulls just as they were released...couldnt see anything...the streets were disgusting!! Tim was all sassy and no one would run with me- he was such a cry-baby that morning. I was really disappointed that my friends were such wimps...I was ready to run and be in dangerous situations--- i'll be back though....maybe even this summer. Bulls!! Summer in Spain with friends is the greatest.

(1) First time in a gay bar...I felt weird...not "abnormal", maybe normal was a bad choice of words. (Plus, when the person you go there with is all over the place doing the Deniro to Stiller in Meet the Parents two fingers from the eye "I'm watching you" pointing at 25 spanish dudes leaving you solo at the bar - it's a bit weird, come on...)

(2) Hooker was post-bar. Not that it matters, but you are in NO position to be telling me anything about that night.

(3) Keep your running with the bulls BS to yourself. Evan proceeded to tell people in Ibiza that he got bruised up from his run with the bulls (instead of his self-inflicted stuntscapades). We got there late DB, we missed the whole friggin thing...I just wanted to get out of that piss-covered city. (picture a whole city that smelled like a dirty frat house basement)

(1) First time in a gay bar...I felt weird...not "abnormal", maybe normal was a bad choice of words. (Plus, when the person you go there with is all over the place doing the Deniro to Stiller in Meet the Parents two fingers from the eye "I'm watching you" pointing at 25 spanish dudes leaving you solo at the bar - it's a bit weird, come on...)

(2) Hooker was post-bar. Not that it matters, but you are in NO position to be telling me anything about that night.

(3) Keep your running with the bulls BS to yourself. Evan proceeded to tell people in Ibiza that he got bruised up from his run with the bulls (instead of his self-inflicted stuntscapades). We got there late DB, we missed the whole friggin thing...I just wanted to get out of that piss-covered city. (picture a whole city that smelled like a dirty frat house basement)

I totally forgot that I was telling people those scrapes and bruises were from the bulls.

The hooker came BEFORE! Tim, her pimp was the one that directed us (me...dont want to make you feel weird) to the gay bar!! im sure of it.

Guest nickjunkie

OK you can be an honorary Brit. We're all proud of you and your antics. 8)

I'd also like to give a special mention to DiMaggio who seems to be able to handle straight up JD like no other, and also persuade barmaids to pour them like no other. ;)

Definitely impressed with the nights out up there...

I'd also like to give a special mention to DiMaggio who seems to be able to handle straight up JD like no other, and also persuade barmaids to pour them like no other. ;)

I've always wanted to be European! (but since im circumsized i thought it was out of the question...) ;)

anyway...im not suprised that he can throw downt he JD like Clint Eastwood...and persuasion is his specialty, I think...Dimaggio is a smooth operator.

And I think we all would like to hear more from you AND ryan about your trip to NYC. these one liners like

"it was fun"

"I liked it"

"yeah"

"definitely impressed"

are lame. :o

Nick, you are a writer as well. Please be more descriptive. :P And did Ryan drown or something? There's been nothing on the boards from him as of late.

Guest nickjunkie

I've always wanted to be European! (but since im circumsized i thought it was out of the question...) ;)

anyway...im not suprised that he can throw downt he JD like Clint Eastwood...and persuasion is his specialty, I think...Dimaggio is a smooth operator.

And I think we all would like to hear more from you AND ryan about your trip to NYC. these one liners like

"it was fun"

"I liked it"

"yeah"

"definitely impressed"

are lame. :o

Nick, you are a writer as well. Please be more descriptive. :P And did Ryan drown or something? There's been nothing on the boards from him as of late.

Dude, we got a site to run here :)

NY was fun, I liked it a lot. Yeah the weather was a bit colder than Miami, but I was deinfitely impressed with the variety of venues.

Guest nickjunkie

Seriously guys, we had a blast, but we've just got so much to do (including the fixes and suggestions you made) that we haven't had time to do a really cool roundup of our NY trip.

I'll see if I can down a few drinks tonight and take time out to do one...

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]Yes, and I'm sorry I've been a bit incommunicative as I am dealing with the mafia at the moment and it's been a bit challenging but I'll get through it..headed out to an opera now... ;)[/glow]

Guest nickjunkie

[glow=red,2,300]Yes, and I'm sorry I've been a bit incommunicative as I am dealing with the mafia at the moment and it's been a bit challenging but I'll get through it..headed out to an opera now... ;)[/glow]

Look out for the violin cases 8)

Guest djdimaggio

Look out for the violin cases 8)

[glow=red,2,300]Nah, it's the Hells Angels and baseball bats... ;D[/glow]

Guest nickjunkie

And don't sit in box seats - guys always get waxed sitting there, normally throat slit.

Too many movies for me?

thank you, gentlemen. You have redeemed yourselves half-way, we look forward to hearing more later when things arent so hectic...

what irks me more is that 60 people have read this post in the last 5 hours and people are shy to respond.

I just cant relate to shy people.

Guest djdimaggio

And don't sit in box seats - guys always get waxed sitting there, normally throat slit.

Too many movies for me?

[glow=red,2,300]That's a good one I didn't know...good lookin' out brother! :-*[/glow]

Too many movies for me?

[glow=red,2,300]That's a good one I didn't know...good lookin' out brother! :-*[/glow]

I didnt know that one could get waxed at the opera. Do they do Brazilian waxes too? Charles, I'd recommend it for you...

Evan...where was this side of you in Miami? I think you were holding out on me!!!! ;)

I feel like you need to just get up here and experience everything for yourself! I feel like you and I could cause a serious ruckus up here--- no doubt about it, I want you as my weekend accessory immediately! 8) 8) 8) 8)

everyone I know, friends and acquaintances alike, I know they would dig you --- you've got that vibe and spirit --

Evan...where was this side of you in Miami? I think you were holding out on me!!!! ;)

I feel like you need to just get up here and experience everything for yourself! I feel like you and I could cause a serious ruckus up here--- no doubt about it, I want you as my weekend accessory immediately! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Trust me I will get there...in time. Just had $500 worth of work done on my car today. :'(

Trust me I will get there...in time. Just had $500 worth of work done on my car today. :'(

i know, i just wish you had a ticket and we had a date to anticipate. :-[

Smooches! BTW...got your PM's. >:( >:( >:(

Im ready to hurt somebody!!!

Smooches! BTW...got your PM's. >:( >:( >:(

Im ready to hurt somebody!!!

haha....please, dont even break a sweat over that....not a single bead! it was funny.

channel that energy to sortin things and flying from the MIA to the LGA, dude. I wanna be on the dancefloor with you yesterday.