Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Late Shift

Who's the king of late night?  

1. 1. Who's the king of late night?

Who do you like best...?

??? ??? ???

Personally...I think Letterman is fantastic. Very witty.

Leno is a cartoon character and people who find him funny likely don't share the same sense of humor as I have...

Kilborn and Conan is a toss-up.

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I think Conana is the best one, he totally cracks me up all the time, specially when the George Bush with the lips ;D ;D (hilarious!!). As for Letterman and Leno, I sit and watch it and the minutes go by and I don't laugh at all, so I just flip the channels... :(

Guest JMT

i like Conan and Leno. Letterman has never been as good as he was with NBC. Kilby is decent but his guests are usually weak.

Guest demo909

I grew up watching Letterman every night in NYC. I think he's lost a step after the heart attack thing....but he's still funny non the less. But I'd have to say that Conan is one funny mofo!!

i like Conan and Leno. Letterman has never been as good as he was with NBC. Kilby is decent but his guests are usually weak.

John --- NOOOO

You had such a streak going there...now we find out you're a Leno fan? He's such a twerp...

Oh well, nobody's perfect I guess... ;D ;D ;D

Guest JMT

John --- NOOOO

You had such a streak going there...now we find out you're a Leno fan? He's such a twerp...

im sorry, but i think i like his show on average more then letterman's, i feel he actually tells jokes, where letterman just relies on being an oddball most of the time. and i think leno is better with his guests. they both have funny skits, but also some real lame ones.

John --- NOOOO

im sorry, but i think i like his show on average more then letterman's, i feel he actually tells jokes, where letterman just relies on being an oddball most of the time. and i think leno is better with his guests. they both have funny skits, but also some real lame ones.

I like oddballs. I guess that's why...

I liked the older Letterman (pre heart attack) when he used to always rip on the writers for stupid skits they'd come up with...

Either way, he DEFINITELY made out better after moving to CBS...

Guest JMT

John --- NOOOO

I liked the older Letterman (pre heart attack) when he used to always rip on the writers for stupid skits they'd come up with...

i think your right about that.

Leno is funnier than letterman generally. Letterman is too dry for me....

conan is awesome. I love him. I went to a taping of his show once, and I can attest to the fact that he is insane. before the show, he snuck out and crept into the audience and screamed, then proceeded to sing an elvis song like a bat outta hell---- he's nuts!

Anyone see Letterman last nite tho? that wolf segment was fascinating.

Guest demo909

Leno's shopw is too scripted for me. His monoluge is the worst and his joke are so bland. The only funny thing on his show is his monday night headlines which i never miss and Jay walking. Cause both those things are 100% real and not scripted.

Leno's shopw is too scripted for me. His monoluge is the worst and his joke are so bland. The only funny thing on his show is his monday night headlines which i never miss and Jay walking. Cause both those things are 100% real and not scripted.

..and Letterman's George W. Bush "Joke that's not really a Joke" - is great too...

Guest JMT

this is really a divided discussion.

i find letterman's monologue bland. the top ten lists are never funny, and he always acts like he doesnt know jack about his guests.

this is really a divided discussion.

i find letterman's monologue bland. the top ten lists are never funny, and he always acts like he doesnt know jack about his guests.

I think that's probably because he doesn't...

Oddball and witty makes for far better viewing than over-colorful and canned. But that's just my opinion...there's no right and wrong here...

Guest LeVeL

Well I have been watching Letterman since I was a little kid and I still watch him to this day. I love his top ten list, and that red head guy whos funny just to look at. I also love the way they be throwing stupid shit from the roof for no reason just to do it. After that I watch Conan, hes too funny especially when he be making faces and fucking around with his hair which by the way never moves.

So Letterman and Conan for me. Leno is too fake and he tends to kiss every guess's ass, in the other hand Letterman isn't afraid to ask the questions people want to hear and he doesn't care if the guests dont like him and never end up coming back. For example he rips on Oprah all the time and she hasn't come to his show to this point. Yo I like me a show host whos fearless and doesn't kiss ass :-*!!

Guest JMT

Simmons on Letterman has been a hilarious staple since back in his early NBC days. I really loved his NBC era. the top ten lists then were always funny.

he does have some really funny bits, like guess what we deep fried, etc. but they are hit and miss.

Guest LeVeL

I love the way Paul Shafer makes a song for anything......lol for example........Will it Float, Will Float.......Will it float, will float