Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it just me??? or is electronic/dance music 70% guys?

Guest sanmartindj

Not sure why, but the scene revolves around the music more than picking up people. You want better ratios, you have to go to a hip-hop party.

True

Hip Hop (also known as Hate Hop) lyrics consist of either violence or living the life which to them includes sipping Crystal and banging everyone and their mothers.

Look at the way people dance to hip hop. The just imitate fucking (sex) moves.

Hate-hop? LMAO!!!! Ur too funny...... this thread is really getting out of hand :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antonio

At least in San Juan, the most beatiful girls are to be found at house music venues and not so much at hip-hop ones. Fine girls try to stay away from all the gang stuff related to hip-hop, even though when they hear it at a club, they go crazy.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah Antonio..but there is a big difference in the culture in Puerto Rico and Miami. In Puerto Rico if you listen to hip hop then your a callejero or a gang related person vendiendo manteca. Here in the States Hip Hop is more commercial and the girls tend to rush to those venues. In PR the girls dont go to Hip Hop venues because they dont want to end up shot or killed in the crossfire. So they rather go to an EDM event where the atmosphere is more cool and calm.

Yeah Antonio..but there is a big difference in the culture in Puerto Rico and Miami. In Puerto Rico if you listen to hip hop then your a callejero or a gang related person vendiendo manteca. Here in the States Hip Hop is more commercial and the girls tend to rush to those venues. In PR the girls dont go to Hip Hop venues because they dont want to end up shot or killed in the crossfire. So they rather go to an EDM event where the atmosphere is more cool and calm.

Hmmm.... Do I hear a cooljunkie trip to PR?

Guest Diabolique

There is one thing about the EDM scene tha eem a bit sexist is that guys don't respect the girls because I think they assume right off the bat they're DJ groupies or have nothing to offer the scene. I can see girls being turned off not being treated as equals, and bowing out of the scene.

There is one thing about the EDM scene tha eem a bit sexist is that guys don't respect the girls because I think they assume right off the bat they're DJ groupies or have nothing to offer the scene. I can see girls being turned off not being treated as equals, and bowing out of the scene.

To some extent, I agree with you but not totally, in all fairness, not all chicks in this EDM scene are clueless. I've danced and met some pretty cool ones that actually knew the deal. They are few and far in between, but they are out there........ I can't speak for every guy, but personally, I give every chick I meet the benefit of the doubt.

I always ask them if they're in the club because their friends are here and it is the "thing to do" or is it because they love the music and the vibe? It's funny, sometimes I get a blank stare, a shocked look or surprisingly, a favorable response. At that point, I know who's phony and who's not.

Guest sanmartindj

To some extent, I agree with you but not totally, in all fairness, not all chicks in this EDM scene are clueless. I've danced and met some pretty cool ones that actually knew the deal. They are few and far in between, but they are out there........ I can't speak for every guy, but personally, I give every chick I meet the benefit of the doubt.

I always ask them if they're in the club because their friends are here and it is the "thing to do" or is it because they love the music and the vibe? It's funny, sometimes I get a blank stare, a shocked look or surprisingly, a favorable response. At that point, I know who's phony and who's not.

I couldn't agree more. meeting girls or people that are really into the scene is difficult, you can meet a lot of people in clubs but

A: they got dragged into the club by their friends

b: they think trance is the only edm

c: they are really into this

and unfortunatly C is a monirity :(

Guest Diabolique

I couldn't agree more. meeting girls or people that are really into the scene is difficult, you can meet a lot of people in clubs but

A: they got dragged into the club by their friends

b: they think trance is the only edm

c: they are really into this

and unfortunatly C is a monirity :(

well you two actually are the majority, but i have run into what I spoke about, mostly with DJs and promoters. It took me years to earn the respect of some of them, and there are still a few left that won't even give chicks a chance to show that they're worthy, but are more than willing to lay them instead. Each to his own I guess..

Guest LeVeL

Hmmm.... Do I hear a cooljunkie trip to PR?

hey the Ticket to PR are only $222, roundway trip. I am going at the end of May to visit family in Ponce.

Guest LeVeL

I in the other hand agree with you.most of the girls that I have met in and EDM event are totally clueless they dont know not even whos the Dj spinning. They think this scene is made up of glowsticks and X and I hate when I speak to people like that it totally infuriates me. Because I love this music and I enjoy it sober.Shit I listen to EDM in my car when I go to the Gym...when I have sex.....its everywhere in my life I sleep, shit Electronic Music. But I got to agree 70% of the girl in the scene are completely clueless and are their for the wrong reason. Every now and then I run into a girl who is innocent and like the music for what it is and I dont mind laying some knowledge on the music just to educate.