Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Tiesto CD "Just Be"

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

Well, the waiting is coming to an end, almost. On the 18th of may, the album will be released in the netherlands and the rest of the world is soon to follow....

Tiësto "Just Be"

It’s evident that with each passing year Tiësto continues to hone not only his DJ skills but his production skills too, as is made obvious with Just Be, his first original artist album since "In My Memory". The album was recorded over the fall of 2003 in Holland.

01 - Forever Today (12:03)

This epic opening track sets the overall tone for the album with a dark orchestral and cinematic feel. Co-produced by Geert Huinink (Magik Journey)

02 - Love Comes Again (vocals by BT)(8:11)

This time Tiësto teams up with LA-based Brian Transeau, BT for those who know what he’s been up to. Unlike other collaborations with fellow-producers, BT does not push any buttons, but actually provides the vocals for this innovative production. Tiësto has turned the song into a perfect mix of dancefloor sounds and mesmerizing melodies.

03 - Traffic (5:27)

The first single released in Europe hit the UK Top 40 and went straight to #1 in Holland, keeping Justin Timberlake off the top spot. A live favorite, traffic has become a signature anthem for Tiësto in clubs worldwide.

04 - Sweet Misery (vocals by Joanne Lloyd) (7:35)

Tiësto took one foot off the dancefloor with this haunting, powerfull song (co-written by the Nashville songwriting team of Jo Lloyd and Dan Muckala) and turned it into a driving, filmic track.

05 - Nyana (6:46)

This song first appeared on the mix CD of the same title and reappears here in it’s original unmixed form for the first time.

06 - UR (6:01)

One of the album’s down tempo moments, perfect for after hours chill-out sessions. Features Matt Hales (a.k.a. Aqualung), an up and coming singer-songwriter from the UK who came to Tiësto’s attention with his hit-single, strange and beautiful.

07 - Walking On Clouds (7:29)

Longtime collaborator Kirsty Hawkshaw (Opus 3) appears once again with Tiësto as she delivers the soaring top line over a track co-written and co-produced by Josh Gabriel (Motorcycle and Gabriel & Dresden)

08 - A Tear In The Open (9:24)

Tiësto visits gaelic grounds with this haunting epic tune, which lyrics reflect a love long lost. A true track which recalls the golden era of trance.

09 - Just Be (8:46)

The title track embodies many of the hallmarks of this album. A classic dance floor anthem true to Tiësto’s club roots featuring a strong melody and haunting vocals form co-writer Kirsty Hawkshaw.

10 - Adagio for Strings (7:23)

Tiësto reinterpretation of Barber’s Adagio for Strings. A powerful close to the album and a highlight of the Tiësto live set around the world, Adagio was originally produced as an introduction for Tiësto In Concert.

Limited Vinyl Album Sampler

These are the tracks on the limited vinyl album sampler:

A. Forever Today

B. Love Comes Again (vocals by BT)

C. Traffic

D. Nyana

E. Walking On Clouds

F. A Tear In The Open

G. Just Be

H. Adagio for Strings

...From Tiësto.com newsletter

Guest JMT

Yep. But im glad Adagio is finally on a cd.

and the fact Nyana and Adagio are on here means they will finally be released on vinyl.

werd.......looking forward to this jammy jam cd.... ;)

I've got the promo as well if anyone wants it lemme know and we can connect via MSN or AIM.

The first track, Forever Today, is absolutely beautiful. It is a masterpiece at moments....definintely more like a score than a EDM track, it is great. I love it.

Just Be, the lyrics are awesome. Nice to hear that kind of message being relayed.

Adagio--- awesome track. better live

A tear in the Open has a great beat too.

Guest smiger

I think I like 7 Walking On Clouds the best... also if anyone has interest in grabbing it off me im always on aim on the same name.

Guest JMT

john....your like a kid at a candy store...wait...i still act that way too..nevermind... 8) ;D

ha ha. for real, i know i am. lol ;D

werd.......looking forward to this jammy jam cd.... ;)

I've got the promo as well if anyone wants it lemme know and we can connect via MSN or AIM.

The first track, Forever Today, is absolutely beautiful. It is a masterpiece at moments....definintely more like a score than a EDM track, it is great. I love it.

Just Be, the lyrics are awesome. Nice to hear that kind of message being relayed.

Adagio--- awesome track. better live

A tear in the Open has a great beat too.

AHEM!!! ;)

Guest JMT

have to disagree buddy..i think ferry got him on that one.... :P

i concur.

Ferry's is too much like the original version of the song.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah I like Ferry's version way better than Tiesto's. Its more epic and trancey it aint like Tiesto's doesn't resemble the originl either. They all took a page out of William orbits original hit.

Guest JMT

Yeah I like Ferry's version way better than Tiesto's. Its more epic and trancey it aint like Tiesto's doesn't resemble the originl either. They all took a page out of William orbits original hit.

i listened to both of them yesterday. Tiesto's is a total remake of the original classical piece composed by Barber, its much edgier with a solid bassline.

where as Ferry's is just a minor remix of the William Orbit version. its just tweaked a bit, a little too light and fluffy for my tastes nowadays if im picking between the 2.

Guest Chelo

i listened to both of them yesterday. Tiesto's is a total remake of the original classical piece composed by Barber, its much edgier with a solid bassline.

where as Ferry's is just a minor remix of the William Orbit version. its just tweaked a bit, a little too light and fluffy for my tastes nowadays if im picking between the 2.

exactly. Ferry's remix is a disgrace. It rapes Barber, the original Adagio is one of the masterpieces of the 20th century. Ferry just gives it a happy fluffy feeling that does not do justice to the original tune, while Tiesto's take is darker and more inspired. the way we're supposed to listen to Barber in the 21st century.

About the album Just Be, it was a dissapointment for me because it has way too many vocals. But the production quality is excellent and much more inspired than Reflections, 76 and Right of Way altogether.

btw, this is Pio/YaleTrance for those of you who know me from other forums. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antonio

You're totally right Chelo, Ferry's remix does not give justice to the original take............ Tiesto's remix is more edgier and more elaborate.

I just heard "Just Be" last night (thanks Evan!!!!) and I loved the first trakc and the 3rd (Sweet Misery). The orchestry (is that a word) in track 1 is EXACTLY what my soul has been craving and the lyrik in Sweet Misery are excatly that...sweet!!!

Thanks again Evan!!!

you're welcome baby girl. I actually totally forgot until you just told me haha

exactly. Ferry's remix is a disgrace. It rapes Barber, the original Adagio is one of the masterpieces of the 20th century. Ferry just gives it a happy fluffy feeling that does not do justice to the original tune, while Tiesto's take is darker and more inspired. the way we're supposed to listen to Barber in the 21st century.

About the album Just Be, it was a dissapointment for me because it has way too many vocals. But the production quality is excellent and much more inspired than Reflections, 76 and Right of Way altogether.

btw, this is Pio/YaleTrance for those of you who know me from other forums. :P

Hola Pio! It's Evo how the hell are you? 8)

Guest JMT

I just heard "Just Be" last night (thanks Evan!!!!) and I loved the first trakc and the 3rd (Sweet Misery). The orchestry (is that a word) in track 1 is EXACTLY what my soul has been craving and the lyrik in Sweet Misery are excatly that...sweet!!!

Thanks again Evan!!!

you're welcome baby girl. I actually totally forgot until you just told me haha

hook a brother up with the good stuff!