Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will Broward/WPB Fans go to see the Marlins?

V. Barbarino

Will Broward/WPB fans come down to the Orange bowl area to watch Marlins games?  

1. 1. Will Broward/WPB fans come down to the Orange bowl area to watch Marlins games?

Guest JMT

i think baseball (or beisbol) has been incredibly exciting this season.

attendance is up league wide. i think MLB is riding high after last years post season, which was one of the best in years. Yankees-Sox going 7 games. Cubs and Red Sox both in the postseason. Marlins miracle year. it had a lot of good stories going on.

another thing is that if the park has its own protected parking area, like when they built Joe Robbie (which has a somewhat shady surrounding neighborhood itself) then there will be no problem for families and old people to come to the games.

bc they are including a mammoth parking garage in the stadium deal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

hockey has overexpanded, the true talent is spread thin and it waters down the league. they need to contract some teams, but wont.

basketball needs a few more superstars but they will eventually come.

but guyman is totally right, people will put up with a lot for a winning team.

how many times has the cubs or boxsox won in the last 75 years? Winning is a bad judge of how a team performes financialy...

"winning" = a competive team, not championships.

butts in the seats are important, but the big revenue comes from tv rights and advertisements. a team who wins some games will always have an edge in getting those.

and once the marlins have their own house, ALL stadium revenue and advertisement will go to the organization, not to Wayne H, like it does now. they pay rent to Pro player now.

Guest coach
But then again, I think all pro sports are the biggest scam and waste of money in the country.

everything related to the new stadium is/will be taxed. sounds like someone was always picked last in dodge ball.

LOL, it was third to last, thank you very much! Sounds to me like someone else was picked last for the chess club. (And that movie looks Fing hilarious!)

If you think stadiums are a money-making property for a city, you are sadly mistaken. Look at any of the stadiums built around the country in the past 10 years and you will see that most, if not all, have not come close to recouping their initial investment by the tax payers. Multi-use arenas like the AA Arena are a different thing.

Guest klit

The nba is doing fine, at least in the western conference. If you enjoy the game, then the mavs and kings have put on 3 great years in a row of playoff games that will go down in history. Kings vs lakers has also been very interesting. None of those teams have any problems filling up their arenas, but if your talking about the eastern conference you 100% right. Horrible teams, except for indiana and arenas are empty. Take a look at the heat vs hornets series, absolutely horrible and empty games but knowing miami fans if they win this series people will start showing.

About baseball, not my thing. But you kidding yourself if you think games will be filled up at the orange bowl. Horrible area, horrible parking, and that area is for the canes. College kids take the metro to get there, but if not for that game would not be as full. Only time it will get full for marlins is when they close to making championships again. Then all of a sudden tons of new die hard marlins fans, that don't even know the roster.

Guest guyman1966

This is from my shakey memory - But I seem to remember reading that back when the Panthers were getting ready to move up to Broward - something like 21% - 22% of their season tix holders were from Palm Beach County (Probably mostly Boca). This was not in the newspapers - got it from the Pathers. So - if twentysomething percent will travel to a shithole like Miami Arena - you bet they will show up to a baseball park in Dade.

Guest LeVeL

This is from my shakey memory - But I seem to remember reading that back when the Panthers were getting ready to move up to Broward - something like 21% - 22% of their season tix holders were from Palm Beach County (Probably mostly Boca). This was not in the newspapers - got it from the Pathers. So - if twentysomething percent will travel to a shithole like Miami Arena - you bet they will show up to a baseball park in Dade.

I agree with Guyman on this one again......dam I am beginning to like this Guyman guy he's not a Saleen wannabe after all.

Guest guyman1966

I agree with Guyman on this one again......dam I am beginning to like this Guyman guy he's not a Saleen wannabe after all.

Naw - I don't want anything from Saleen. I was just blowing off steam last week. And - for the record - Saleen is a great guy.

Hockey=die hard fans and those were season ticket holders and how many does that 22% reprsent? a few thousand, thats it. If you said 22% of Dolphins fans, then thats about 20 thousand.. But hockey arenas hold far far less.

Funny, when you look deep at the numbers, you get the same answer over and over.. it's not gonna work..

class dismissed..

btw, no hockey team in the world has 100% season tix. therefore, if only 5000 season tix were sold, then 22% of that is 1100 peeps..

you all fail........

Guest JMT
Only time it will get full for marlins is when they close to making championships again. Then all of a sudden tons of new die hard marlins fans, that don't even know the roster.

Marlins are 13th in the league in attendance. but nice try.

Guest guyman1966

I'm glad its Friday and I have time for this bullshit.

OK - Saleen - here's the math.

Miami Arena held Fifteen thousand and change for Hockey. There were only about 1,000 tickets available to the general public for individual games. Of the 14,000 season tix holders - between 15% and 20% were from Palm Beach county (this is over the course of the teams existence playing in Dade. That is why Wayne H wanted a Dade arena.

And Nick – you know my sources, so don’t even attempt your Guido Mind tricks here.

Guest JMT

I guess, but not for nothing but that part of downtown to me is a bit safer then orange bowl area.

it certainly wasnt 10 years ago. i had season tickets the panthers first 3 seasons. but that armored 745 BMW makes now would have certainly given us piece of mind.

Guest guyman1966

I guess, but not for nothing but that part of downtown to me is a bit safer then orange bowl area.

I think its a toss up between Miami Arena and the Orange bowl as far as being safe. I'm comparing those arenas' because the new place where the basketball team plays is nice -right in the heart of things. Miami Arena is as nice an area as Space.

Miami Arena held Fifteen thousand and change for Hockey. There were only about 1,000 tickets available to the general public for individual games. Of the 14,000 season tix holders - between 15% and 20% were from Palm Beach county (this is over the course of the teams existence playing in Dade. That is why Wayne H wanted a Dade arena.

And Nick – you know my sources, so don’t even attempt your Guido Mind tricks here.

14,000 season tix, lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

that was funny...

you numbers are way way off, why don't you tell us how may current season tix holders their are for the panthers that are not corporate owned??

14,00, lollll I just feel off my chair..

Guest guyman1966

14,000 season tix, lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

that was funny...

you numbers are way way off, why don't you tell us how may current season tix holders their are for the panthers that are not corporate owned??

14,00, lollll I just feel off my chair..

Saleen - I'm talking about when they played in the Miami Arean. 14,000 season tix holder. Look it up. Do you want to put money on it?

Guest JMT

yeah where does that 14,000 come from?

how many Yankee tickets are corporate owned? who gives a fuck. its neither here nor there. a ticket bought is a ticket bought.

Guest guyman1966

Attention Saleen -

I kicked your ass in Fantasy Football.

You were wrong about the World Series (and the entire season).

You were wrong about the Stadium.

You suck in racquetball.

I OWN YOU!

Drop and give me 20!

Attention Saleen -

You suck in racquetball.

I OWN YOU!

Drop and give me 20!

dude, jews always want money, i'm not giving you 20 bucks..

Guest guyman1966

Attention Saleen -

You suck in racquetball.

I OWN YOU!

Drop and give me 20!

For someone who is not a jew - you sure talk about money all the time. Are you sure your not jewish?

i have NEVER had a problem near the Orange Bowl area when i have gone there for Hurricane games...and i have been to many many Hurricane games in my lifetime...i think the Orange Bowl area is a much safer area than the Downtown area...and it will only get better if they build a stadium there with police presence...btw...Broward and WPB WILL come down here to Miami to watch the Marlins...those crazy gringos will drive to the Keys to watch their beloved Marlins...seems that Saleen is a little outta touch with his Arian brothers in Broward and WPB....

Attention Saleen -

You suck in racquetball.

I OWN YOU!

Drop and give me 20!

For someone who is not a jew - you sure talk about money all the time. Are you sure your not jewish?

I'M SAVING UP TO BE JEWISH..

Guest guyman1966

i have NEVER had a problem near the Orange Bowl area when i have gone there for Hurricane games...and i have been to many many Hurricane games in my lifetime...i think the Orange Bowl area is a much safer area than the Downtown area...and it will only get better if they build a stadium there with police presence...btw...Broward and WPB WILL come down here to Miami to watch the Marlins...those crazy gringos will drive to the Keys to watch their beloved Marlins...seems that Saleen is a little outta touch with his Arian brothers in Broward and WPB....

Absolutely Correct Sir. ;D

Now Saleen - Go back to the donut shop to pick up fat chicks.

Guest LeVeL

I'M SAVING UP TO BE JEWISH..

Stop the jewish talk people....because Bling is Jewish and I think we shoudln't hate like that.