Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is up with Crobar???

V. Barbarino

for the record for the few times i've gone to Crobar Lounge, the staff is top notch the drinks are a fing joke, all watered down, and the sound system begs to be thrown out. They also do a piss poor job of marketing, but hey, they are still around, but lets face facts, they are the only smart ones in a sea of idiots..

Guest bcnjunkie

to all of you real clubbers out there !, crobar's sound system is great !, one of the best in the country (sometimes it needs a bit of tuning but it's an excellent sound system). don't let ignorant opinions keep you from going to a great club, ps if you're getting poor drinks at Crobar you're going to the wrong bartender ;)

Guest LeVeL

Yeah their has been times that the bartender has hooked me up nasty with liquor and there have been times the bartenders have done me dirty and its been water down. I dont have a problem with their soundsystem I think its ok..not all that but ok. I dont exactly like their crowd but I'll go every now and then just to enjoy myself and get away from the usual spots I hit.

Guest pod

You've clearly not experienced the bartending tag-team of Eddie and Christina in the back of the main room then! ;D

A few drinks from them have me on my ass. :o

As for crobar not having a clue? Well, they've been around for 4 years now, sticking to the same format. One other major club in town can claim that, and that is Space.

Guest bcnjunkie

isn't it closer to 5 years running ? and yes Christine and Eddie serve up some mighty intoxicating drinks 8) 8) and atmosphere

what the hell are you talking about?

I ask myself that same question everytime you post something. LOL.......If you don't understand what I said, too bad...It went right over your head... I bet everybody else got it....

Guest sobe2004

You've clearly not experienced the bartending tag-team of Eddie and Christina in the back of the main room then! ;D

As for crobar not having a clue? Well, they've been around for 4 years now, sticking to the same format. One other major club in town can claim that, and that is Space.

You always bash Crobar . . . change of heart???

Guest shannon_coolj.

yes, pod...we all remember your birthday ;)

Guest pod

It's entirely possible. Let's say from a musical perspective they've done things right recently.

Besides, I rarely ripped on crobar itself, I was always slagging on the music.

Sticking to their Formula....

Like it or not.... They have the SOBE formula down to a science.... this club would work anywhere in the world... and survives here withot a re-model

And to more directly answer the $1000000.oo question

Thursday, May 6th:

The Show & Dope

Friday, May 7th:

Crobar Gives You PROPS

DJ Stephan Luke

Mark Leventhal

Saturday, May 8th:

DJ Cedric Gervais

Sunday, May 9th:

Anthem DJ Roland Belmares

Monday, May 10th:

Back Door Bamby

8)

But I usually don't go unless one of my friends are in town.... Like Josh ;)

Yeah, I've never had a problem with my drinks - cuz I go to the bartenders behind the dj booth - or the bitch on the side near the dancefloor will hook me up sometimes too with a strong martini or vodka/cran..... or if I'm drinkin' brew dawgs, its pretty hard to fuck those up... LOL

Crobar is one of my favorite venues on the beach.... I seriously don't think I've ever had a bad time there... I pick and choose when I go (ala NICK WARREN or 3-nights in a row for this years WMC) so the music was always top notch....

As far as the system... I don't think it's that bad... its not like its skretching in my ear or anything.. I love base, so as long as they got that kickin' - I'm a happy camper....

I'll be at Back Door Bambi this monday!! So be on the look-out!

:o :o :o