Clubplanet Nightlife Community

memorial day

Guest tony

Guest tony

does anybody know how memorial day weekend is down at south beach? I know one holiday either labor or memorial day seemed like alot of "hip hop" going on down there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

On Memorial Day Weekend you will definetely get to hear a lot of Hip Hop on South Beach because they have some sort of convention going on. But if you are into a different Genre then there will definetely be something for you here in Miami. So keep a look out on the site.

Guest belladona

Umoja is not a conference, it is so-called an African-American celebration of their culture--supposedly....If you ask me it is an excuse for them to get rowdy and act lke primates. Happen to be there the first year, and what a mistake that was.javascript:replaceText('%20:o')

Where do the local SoBe clubbers go to while Miami beach is taken over.....need help--again going to Miami for Memorial Day weekend for family stuff....javascript:replaceText('%208)')

Guest belladona

sorry about the endings--meant to put faces but obviously oblivious to forum/chat etiquette.....

Guest pod

Space usually has a party for the people leaving the beach. ;D

I'll be hitting that up after selling "tourist passes" to the gullible visitors.

Guest LeVeL

Umoja is not a conference, it is so-called an African-American celebration of their culture--supposedly....If you ask me it is an excuse for them to get rowdy and act lke primates. Happen to be there the first year, and what a mistake that was.javascript:replaceText('%20:o')

Where do the local SoBe clubbers go to while Miami beach is taken over.....need help--again going to Miami for Memorial Day weekend for family stuff....javascript:replaceText('%208)')

Yeah conference whatever you wanna call it, its basically a get together. To tell you the truth I dont mind the get together a couple of years ago I had a blast with those rowdy people.

Guest belladona

I figured that Antonio.....thanks.

;)

Other than Space or eNVy sp?, is anyone thinking of going to Broward/FLL that weekend??? Noticed that Voodoo Lounge is having White Wear Party on May 30--Sunday----anyone been there before??

Guest belladona

BTW Antonio--love you motto/mantra..

Carpe Diem -- seize the day.

If you live according to this rule, you should never have

any regrets.....

Guest sarahcj

Nerve has this line up:

Memorial day weekend - "this is my house and in my house we play only house music"

Fri May 28th - Jimmy Van M (tbc)

Sat May 29th - Hector Romero (def mix)

Guest antonio

BTW Antonio--love you motto/mantra..

Carpe Diem -- seize the day.

If you live according to this rule, you should never have

any regrets.....

That's how I live my life basically baby!!!

Guest belladona

Thanks G.A.T. but isn't Nerve smack in the middle of where the Hip-Hop fest is going to be? ???

Guest belladona

Well so far Nerve may be an option that weekend, and possibly hitting Space afterhours. Any other suggestions.....

I've been kinda out of the loop since I moved to the Boston area a few years ago----which has no nightlife... :-[

Guest antonio

Yeah, I sugggest you stay in tune with COOLJUNKIE and wait a little more till the date is closer.............the parties will start popping out !!!

Like probably the week before you'll be amazed of all the choices you'll have for the weekend.

;)

Guest belladona

Thanks again guys & girls for the info...

I guess I will take Antonio's advice ;) and wait until we get closer to the weekend before making definitive plans.

Guest ddg

nerve might be cool to check out.....any idea whats going on at space on sat yet....?? patio will prob be insane... :o 8)