Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Okay is this true or is it some BS

Guest LeVeL

Guest MAGGIE69

thanks everyone, you guys sure are friendly today....

p.s.

don't hold it against me, but i enjoy bling's reviews.

Guest MAGGIE69

NO...

as a matter of fact, i heard of them thru here....i checked it out .....but they are a bit on the "nasty" side......

i'd rather get info from haters....lol!!!

Guest JMT

The thought of Cristal just had me laughing...the Chappelle/R. Kelly episode was on last night. "I drink Cris, you drink piss!"

:o

man, for teisto last may i had this couple at the table right next to me who flew down from Chicago just for the weekend that went through 6 bottles of Cristal before the night was over.

Guest coach

Heh, I was going to ask this exact question, but you beat me to it. I'm not sure if I received the email, but if you go to their website, there is a popup advertising the same deal. I think it is a *great* idea, and have pitched to various businesses before.

As far as I know, there is no direct catch. But here is the deal, it is great, very inexpensive advertising for them. See, the thinking goes like this. On your birthday, you are going to invite a bunch of friends out with you. A lot of those people may never have been to Space before. So, you take them all there and Space treats you really nice and gives them all the hookup. They fall in love with the place and come back lots more. The whole thing costs them a grand total of $40 or less for the bottle of champagne they comped you.

You know they almost always have at least a few empty VIP tables, so giving one to you doesn't really cost them anything more than the cleanup. And, if you have the hookup, like here on CJ, then you are probably getting in free, anyway, so it is not like they are out the cover charges. Yeah, they will have a very small cost on the cleanup of the glasses you use. But, really, their only cost on this is the free champagne.

And, of course, there is the fact that one bottle of champagne ain't going to last a decent sized group of drinkers very long. You bring 10 of your bestest friends, and you know that they are going to pick up the tab for a couple of more bottles for your birthday. I mean, YOU hooked them up and got them the VIP treatment, it's the least they could do for you. Plus, it is your birthday, after all.

So, Space will almost certainly reap some direct benefit from that night. But, even if they don't, they will reap future benefit from the new converts that you made by bringing your friends there for your birthday. Plus, if you yourself have a really good time on your birthday, then you will probably come back more often and tell all of your friends. Who will then have their birthdays there with all of their friends. Etc, etc.

So, no, I would bet there is no catch. Just a really good marketing idea. I would expect other clubs to jump on very soon and include things like bachelor&ette parties.

Guest LeVeL

NO...

as a matter of fact, i heard of them thru here....i checked it out .....but they are a bit on the "nasty" side......

i'd rather get info from haters....lol!!!

Well sometimes that hate can become love, so lets not start in the wrong foot here. I will bipass that and pretend I didn't hear that ::). But you made the right decision to join us here, so what nightclubs or events are you hitting up in the next upcoming weeks. Probably you can meet the mafia and get to know us haters.

Guest MAGGIE69

i wasnt referring to you......... :-[

friday, crobar & then

nv for afterhours .....

Guest MAGGIE69

the deal is as follows:

minimum of 20 people in the bday party

6 people per table

1 complimentary bottle of champagne

you keep the table until 1am....unless you buy a bottle,

if you buy a bottle you keep the table until 3am, they will offer "buy 1 bottle get 1 free".

open bar 10pm until midnight.

decorations & email invites are also complimentary.

so basically it's a free party until 1am.

Guest LeVeL

Ok I knew there was a catch but it sounds pretty good. But when you Buy that bottle after 1 am its buy 1 get one free but you still lose the tble by 3 am. Am I describing it right.

Guest durrtylexx

Didit read the whole thread but....

VIP table until 1am unless you buy a bottle then you get the table till 3am. (or something like that)

I cant stand VIP at Space..you cant see the DJ which is essential to me. ;)

I agree! The second floor SUCKS...Crowbar kills them on this! 8) 8)

Guest JMT

true, the VIP view is mostly obscured. but i like it bc i can rest my ass from time to time, watch the big screen and the masses while socializing. then walk downstairs when its time to dance. for an extremely packed night its the only way to fly in my book.

true, the VIP view is mostly obscured. but i like it bc i can rest my ass from time to time, watch the big screen and the masses while socializing. then walk downstairs when its time to dance. for an extremely packed night its the only way to fly in my book.

this is what we do with spider room in Avalon here in nyc. :D

Guest nickjunkie

this is what we do with spider room in Avalon here in nyc. :D

Which I've still never seen Mr Horisk... ;)