Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Triple Crown?

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

anyone else watch the races each year? "the best 2 minutes in sports."

"Smarty Jones" won the Derby and stayed undefeated, the first horse since Seattle Slew in the 70s, and the owner automatically earned an extra $5 million! (the biggest payday in history of the sport.) the guy is like 90, on oxygen and in a wheel chair. he got so excited it looked like he might have a coronary live on tv. classic moment.

make room "Affirmed", do i smell a Triple Crown winner?

Guest LeVeL

Yeah we need a Triple crown winner, ever since the 70's no horse has gotten even close to doing it. A lot of records have been broken over the years and till this day this is one of those records that has been broken recently.

Guest ddg

might be wrong..cuz i dont really follow horseracing too much...but didnt a horse almost do the triple crown in the past couple of years..like 2 out of the 3???

Guest swirlundergrounder

My money's on Smarty Jones for the Triplw Crown. If he wins by the margin he did in the Derby at the Preakness then he will take Bellmont.....Such a Seabusquit story!

Triple Crown winner almost as hard as someone batting .400 during a baseball season

Guest LeVeL

Lets see what this Smarty pant horse can do every horse that has won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness always seems to choke on the Belmont. Its like once they get to the last race they cant complete it. This has happened to every horse that has gotten to close to winning the Triple Crown over the years. But they cant seem to win the Belmont.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JMT

Smarty Jones cruised to a 12 length victory, still pulling away as he crossed the finish, a Preakness record. it was like he had a whole other gear stored up.

this may be history in the making.....

Smarty_Jones2_050515_htop.jpg

duuuuuuuuuuude.....what a race :o ;D

smarty just KEPT accelerating

my baby niece (she's 1 1/2) just kept yelling "horsey!" (or a varation of the word...her english isn't so good yet) and bouncing around...a race fan is born!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Smarty will win the Triple Crown if he gets out of the gate like he did at the Preakness.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest swirlundergrounder

he didnt win.

unbelievable. beat out on the home stretch!

I CAN'T FREAKIN BELIEVE IT! I was watching it at work and we were all jumping up and down thinking he ws going to win and he just ran out of gas! I feel bad for Smarty because he was a proud horse. It looks like the mistake they made was thinking that they needed to stay in front of the pack so that he wouldn't get boxed in but he should have held back a little more. It looked like Smarty tried to pull away from the pack to early. They should have waited until the end of the final turn at the earliest.... Oh-Well