Clubplanet Nightlife Community

has this ever happened to you (hispanics)

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

Living in Miami, we don't realize how much racism there's is out there and how "second class" hispanics are looked upon, being placed in so many stereoptypes. Every time I've gone to West Palm Beach (or Boca) either for a catering job or to hang with friends, some older white North Easterner will always try to ask me a question in very bad spanish !, I let them talk until they become more frustrated (it makes me chuckle). It is based solely on the fact that I look very hispanic (it never happens to my brother who inherited the looks of the british side of my family). I love it when I reply back in english and they aske me "Oh ! you speak English ?" (I always answer back "and French.... fluently")

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

True enough.

I'm caught in the middle. I'm half white and half latin. Both sides second-guess my language of choice. I've had white and Latins speak to me in Spanish.

I can imagine the events you cater up there...those bourgeois pricks probably would expect you and your staff to say "Yes massa'! Right away massa'!" if they could get away with it.

Closer Magazine once did an exposé on how really prevalent racism still in amongst upper-crust Browardites and West Palm Beachers. Deep down inside, they fear the newfound power of "them darkies".

Guest r3nz0

I had a somewhat similar case:

There was this one time when my best friend and I were driving when we were stopped by a cop for a broken tail light.

When the cop got out, he started speaking in broken, not understandeable Spanish to my friend. When my friend told him he knew English (hell, he was born in Queens and barely knows any Spanish himself), the cop said "ok". And CONTINUED TO SPEAK TO HIM IN BROKEN SPANISH for about 15 minutes. WTF? ???

That's snobbishness and disrespect.

So the next day, my friend and I killed him.

I'm kidding about the last part. :P

Guest bcnjunkie

actually I went to Pensacola. I have never been starred at so much, it felt very uncomfortable.

Pod: yup, the parties we do in palm Beach are crazy, we just did a sit down dinner and in the house there were 3 (yes three) live-in butlers. This lady had an electronic chime to call them at any moment. She also had a sign in sheet where they would have to sign-in whenever they left the house, write the time left and the time when they came back, where they went and with whom and a brief description of what they did. I was like WOW ! by the way "yes 'massa" ... LOL

Guest web_norah

dude i have been living on the ethnic tip my whole life

but i have something for you guys.....

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

**even within the anglo saxon world (damn that sounds terrible), there is a steep way of discriminating. let's not even address the quintessential guido syndrome up in NJ/NY. many times i will say this, i rather be called a *** than being compared to an Italian American guidette...........

Guest bcnjunkie

well, I have to admit, I know the southerners can't stand us, however, we have customers from Tenesse, Georgia, Alabama that reside in Palm Beach that simply have great manners. Believe it or not, the Northeasteners (and Canadians) are the most obnoxious ones. For the most part, the wealthy southerners are so educated (not only in manners but they know about food, wine, art and are very worldly). They may not like us but they're a pleasure to work for, very civilized.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah I agree......with Carisa in that term I have had people say to me if I was Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban only because there is a big number of that population in the prospected City. I remember when I lived in San Francisco every hispanis person was called Mexican by whites and blacks. And when I moved to Miami I was called Cuban by whites and blacks also. To tell you the truth sometimes I believe blacks are more racist in some circumstances than Whites.

But I hate being looked upon as if i were stupid only because I am hispanic. But its something you have to get use to. And if a white man tries to talk to me in Spanish, I tend to be an asshole and answer him back with," Dont speak any Spanish", that way I can make them feel stupid.

Guest web_norah

well, I have to admit, I know the southerners can't stand us, however, we have customers from Tenesse, Georgia, Alabama that reside in Palm Beach that simply have great manners. Believe it or not, the Northeasteners (and Canadians) are the most obnoxious ones. For the most part, the wealthy southerners are so educated (not only in manners but they know about food, wine, art and are very worldly). They may not like us but they're a pleasure to work for, very civilized.

yeah even people in the northeast...

Guest bcnjunkie

Might as well have black lawn jockies and give to that "charitable KKK organization" every year.

LOL ;D ;D ;D

Guest guyman1966

The same can be said about looking hispanic and having dinner in SoBe. Everyone assumes I'm hispanic and talks to me in Spanish. Then when I respond in English they are sometimes pissed.

people in the northeast, have the most wealth and education, and we all look at you fockers as mexicans and 3rd class citizens. Every latin neighborhood or in this case an entire county, is a crack den with non englsh speaking assholes, like the stuand on the plane who couldn't speak english after 14 fucking years.. Does this help your cause? Only and idealist will wish o hope, or demand equality, but this is planet earth, and sometimes shit ain't fair.

As for norah, her comments are funny, I don't know if she's a rican or not, but in the realm of nyc, ricans are 3rd class citizens much further below blacks in the food chain.

1. jews, italians, irish

2. blacks

3. the rest of the animals, but not including the asians

asians only get respect at the black jack tables in AC.

Guest bcnjunkie

people in the northeast, have the most wealth and education, and we all look at you fockers as mexicans and 3rd class citizens. Every latin neighborhood or in this case an entire county, is a crack den with non englsh speaking assholes, like the stuand on the plane who couldn't speak english after 14 fucking years.. Does this help your cause? Only and idealist will wish o hope, or demand equality, but this is planet earth, and sometimes shit ain't fair.

As for norah, her comments are funny, I don't know if she's a rican or not, but in the realm of nyc, ricans are 3rd class citizens much further below blacks in the food chain.

1. jews, italians, irish

2. blacks

see what I mean about the Northeasterners ! CONFIRMED. Lowest level of etiquette (not edicate Saleen) and education.

1. jews, italians, irish

2. blacks

see what I mean about the Northeasterners ! CONFIRMED. Lowest level of etiquette (not edicate Saleen) and education.

bro, this is a message board, my edicate on here doesn't reflect me in any way. now, where is my grill cheese?

who?

at least be a man and quote the person, don't be a loser and hide...

have some balls.

you NJ reject ? you ..

seriously, stop the hating or one of these days someone u dont know will shout your mouth

lollllllllll

how am i hating, I hang with latins all time, sure I make them come in the back door, sure I make them keep their guns in their car, sure I make them use a british accent around my friends, sure I make them wash my car, but I still hang out with them, and that is all it matters.

now where is matas with my car....?

Guest web_norah

i am the farthest thing from a Puerto Rican and

in no way would i disrespect anyone latin or from PR

why?

cause i rather be called Puerton Rican/ latin/hispanic.. than a GUIDETTE

check on njguido.com to verify WHY...................................

i dont need to fake tan or get them fake boobies

to attract a bunch of juiced up Joeys with waxed eyebrows, who rather listen to Jonathan Peters all cracked out on a Sunday afternoon...no thanks

get it?