Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Miami Dolphins...

V. Barbarino

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams refused Tuesday to discuss whether he violated the NFL's substance-abuse policy a second time by using marijuana.

"No one in the NFL can talk about anything regarding the substance-abuse program," Williams said during a media availability before the team began a three-day quarterback school at its practice facility. "League-wide, it's a confidentiality thing. ... I'm here to answer questions about football."

Three South Florida newspapers quoted unidentified sources last week saying Williams tested positive for marijuana and faced a fine of at least $650,000 for violating the substance-abuse policy for the second time since joining the Dolphins in 2002.

"We're going to handle it," Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler said. "Ricky's going to handle it through the right channels, through the NFL, and we'll go from there. He's still a big part of this team. Nothing's changed in our view of Ricky."

Gary Ostrow, Williams' Fort Lauderdale-based attorney, has called media reports about the alleged positive test "slanted" and "one-dimensional," and told The Associated Press on Saturday that Williams was eager to "set the record straight."

"As far as I'm concerned, there is no violation," Ostrow said Tuesday.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt declined to address the issue, and team owner Wayne Huizenga said he had no knowledge of anything involving Williams.

"We don't know what's happening yet," Huizenga said. "I think it's too soon to make any statements. When it comes to Ricky, we'll have to wait and see what happens."

Williams told The Palm Beach Post last week that he visited NFL headquarters in New York a few weeks ago, but wouldn't give details when questioned during a media availability Tuesday.

Under league rules, a player who tests positive twice is fined the value equal to his pay for four games. According to salary data released by the NFL Players Association, that would cost Williams $878,823.53.

A player who tests positive a third time is given at least a four-game suspension. A player who tests positive a fourth time is suspended for at least a season. The NFL announces only suspensions, not drug-related fines.

In two seasons with Miami, Williams has run for 3,235 yards and 25 touchdowns, although his per-game yardage average fell 30 yards last season from the 115.8-a-game clip that carried him to the NFL rushing title in 2002.

When asked Tuesday about how the reports of a possible positive test may affect his image, Williams simply said people "can judge for themselves."

"I can't tell anyone about myself," Williams said. "They just have to look at the way I carry myself, look at the way I play the game, look at the way I practice and what I do in the community

OVA

4-12

JETS 12-4

HAVE A NICE DAY, AND STOP GIVING RICKY THE MARY JANE!

Guest JMT

meaningless unless he gets busted again.

honestly, does anyone really care if a player took a few tokes in the offseason? i think not. his dreads pretty much spoke for themselves.

Guest LeVeL

Saleen you better stop passing Ricky that cig of weed, because the Jets still aint going to beat with or without him so stop trying.

Guest chillin-chillin

Wets all time record-- 294 wins, 358 losses, 8 ties, post season record 7 wins 9 losses.......Dolphins all time record -- 394 wins, 223 losses 4 ties post season record 20 wins 19 losses......BTW the wets have only won 12 ganes ONCE in their entire pitiful history...Miami has had only 1 losing season in its entire history (besides the strike year)....and also the only time you guys won the big dance.....your QB wore panty hose...... ;D

Guest lyrik

Man you would think with all that money he would know how to clean his system out of that....ready clean sells a more potent version called Ultra Clean...one bottle and a gallon of water and you are good to go...unless they are using some crazy screening process....and plus this guy is way in shape the THC levels in his body should be relatively low considering he doesnt have much fat for it to be stored in. What did he do smoke on the way to the test or something?

Guest LeVeL

Your absolutely right Lyrik their is a bunch of stuff out in the market that cleans your system up for you to test negative when you take a piss test. But unless he took a blood test or the people who took the test and took a hair sample then he is scarred there big time..

Guest lyrik

Your absolutely right Lyrik their is a bunch of stuff out in the market that cleans your system up for you to test negative when you take a piss test. But unless he took a blood test or the people who took the test and took a hair sample then he is scarred there big time..

I think there is even a shampoo for the hair test..its the blood test that is the one that will get ya. Should have just got a transfusion :)

Guest siuol_leahcim

if the dolphins go 5-11 this season it will not be because of ricky, it'll be cause we need a qb that's worth a damn :-\

oh yeah....go dolphins! 8)

Guest JMT

if the dolphins go 5-11 this season it will not be because of ricky, it'll be cause we need a qb that's worth a damn :-\

oh yeah....go dolphins! 8)

but that will never happen, as long as we have "feilder on the roof" to come off the pine, we can always be at least a mediocre 8-8.

Guest siuol_leahcim

true. i'd rather them just be completely godaweful than mediocre and get your hopes up for nothing. ::) plus you get a better draft pick the next season.

Guest JMT

true. i'd rather them just be completely godaweful than mediocre and get your hopes up for nothing. ::) plus you get a better draft pick the next season.

YUP. such is the torment of being a lifetime dolphins fan who was born in the late 70's.

Guest siuol_leahcim

there was nothing more tormenting than growing up watching the phins get owned every year in the playoffs by the bills.

the two worst memories:

getting our asses handed to us by buffalo in the afc championship game

when pete stoyonavic shanked that field goal in san diego

there are plenty of runner ups too ::)

Guest Mr._S

why does everyone talk shit about feidler? he is a great quarterback and he is a worker with nails healthy we are gonna go far this year

Guest JMT
when pete stoyonavic shanked that field goal in san diego

thats my number 1. that was OUR fucking year! :'( >:(

my personal favorite game, (i had tix for 10 seasons):

the legendary Marino-Bledsoe shootout week 1, marino's first game after the achilles. both qbs throwing for over 400+ yards, dolphins win. 8)

Guest JMT

why does everyone talk shit about feidler? he is a great quarterback and he is a worker with nails healthy we are gonna go far this year

Because he has a sub-mediocre arm, is injury prone, and throws too many picks. great mind for the game, but no body for it.

Guest trancelator

Because he has a sub-mediocre arm, is injury prone, and throws too many picks. great mind for the game, but no body for it.

Totally agree. Fiedler is good but not great. Also, Nails isn't on the team this year. Juno James took his position.

Guest siuol_leahcim

that marino/ bledsoe shootout was great.

i just remembered the game where marino set one of the qb records. we were up by like 21 at halftime and harbaugh and the colts came back on us nasty style.

Guest JMT

that marino/ bledsoe shootout was great.

i just remembered the game where marino set one of the qb records. we were up by like 21 at halftime and harbaugh and the colts came back on us nasty style.

i was at that game i think, they had a lineman intercept and run one back like 90 yards with no time left on the clock. it was horrible, people threw stuff on the field... (if that was the same game you mean.)

Guest JMT

ha ha, I ran into Dave Wanstedt tonight wtih guyman.. Nice guy, much taller than I thought... Though I left him along, I could have done the jets chant to piss him off, but it was an italian resturante, so no disrespect!

he was at anthonys? i met him once too. its true, he looks like hes 6-4. hes catholic, nice guy actually.

ha ha, I ran into Dave Wanstedt tonight wtih guyman.. Nice guy, much taller than I thought... Though I left him along, I could have done the jets chant to piss him off, but it was an italian resturante, so no disrespect!

he was at anthonys? i met him once too. its true, he looks like hes 6-4. hes catholic, nice guy actually.

the fins don't need a nice guy as a coach!

yea, it was at Anothonys...

so fing good last night...