Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FAO Miami People / Danilo Vilgorito Review

Guest ramon

From the Guru:

Cause I be kickin the real

While they be losin the race tryin to chase mass appeal ;)

Tiesto=mass apeal

While Ramon is like Guru and DJ Premier which is cool, but guru and premier took this hard edge stance and not sell out. Well they missed out on the weatlh and now are pissed about it. By staying true, techno djs will be the gangstarr of edm.

While talented and true to the muisc, they are just never going to cross over since they are not willing to have mass apeal.

wait a minute, Danilo was last night, and Tiesto was the night before..... do you have a time machine or something?

lol (j/k)

I meant....ohh..ahh... yeah ???

Guest shannon_coolj.

Ha, I was just waiting for the people who went to Tiesto to post!

Saleen made a very valid observation - techno will never be mainstream like trance...

Why? Because the makers of techno believe in the underground and they want to keep it that way.

In other words, you would never hear a Richie Hawtin track on a Motorola commercial.

But when all's said and done, most of the time when I rag on people who go to Tiesto, I'm joking. I don't like the music Tiesto plays, but in the end, we're all into the same music, right?

So, here's to everyone having differences but still supporting the most important thing - dance music.

me and bside were chatting the other day, and we were talking about the Gas Face. Now most of you younger trancers don't know about the gas face. Well it was done by 3rd base, and the song ripped on vanilla ice and mc hammer. Back then rappers never sold out and never promoted products and never ever did any sort of commercial business. Well MC Hammer was the first to take advantage of the popularity of rap. But he was black listed and hammered by "real" rappers. Hammer was the laughing stock of rap, yet easily the richest. The rappers back then stayed true to the music, and while the music was much much better than todays loser shit, it got them no where. Jay Z, Puffy, Dre all owe what they got to Mc Hammer. Hammer sold out and started a revolution. In the video the guys from 3rd base beat up VI and beat MC Hammer with a hammer. Where is VI and Hammer compared to 3rd base these days? Well even after money troubles, both are rich to live a great life, while 3rd base went on to do jack shit, and probaly broker than shit.

Maybe techno djs should do the same ;)

Guest JustDade

Why has everyone ignored the obvious in this thread? It's simple:

Space payed big $ for a big name. They listened to the masses and gave them what they wanted. They promoted the shit out of it...e-mail, ads, planes, road signs, flyers. They had a huge night. Kudos to them.

Privilege hired a very talented underground DJ with a niche following. They barely promoted it. They had an underground sort of night.

Why do the few always seek to educate the many? Why do those of you who went to Privilege feel superior to those who didn't? Maybe that's part of the problem...I don't know.

What I do know is that Back Door Bamby @ Crobar was packed last Monday in the main room. ON A MONDAY!!! Why? Because they did a great job of promoting it, that's why. If Crobar can do that on a Monday, why can't Privilege do it on a Saturday? The answer is promotion. By doing something different and less mainstream you have to work harder to reach the people who want it. I am in the scene and I would not have known about Danilo except for it being posted on this board.

Don't blame the people for going to see the DJ they knew better and like better...blame the club for not reaching the people who were interrested in their guy. By the way, they posted on this board about Danilo and got 0 responses...how many did Tiesto get?

Guest web_norah

i definitely missed the previous point made by Nocturnal

promotions is huge part of the success. as my friend always says, it is all about the hype sometimes....

Guest JustDade

My point wasn't that Hype wins. It was that when you decide to do something new or different, you have to go farther to reach the people who are interrested. There are many techno fans out there who would have gone to see Danilo if they knew he was there.

Guest lyrik

Space payed big $ for a big name. They listened to the masses and gave them what they wanted. They promoted the shit out of it...e-mail, ads, planes, road signs, flyers. They had a huge night. Kudos to them.

Privilege hired a very talented underground DJ with a niche following. They barely promoted it. They had an underground sort of night.

Why do the few always seek to educate the many? Why do those of you who went to Privilege feel superior to those who didn't? Maybe that's part of the problem...I don't know.

What I do know is that Back Door Bamby @ Crobar was packed last Monday in the main room. ON A MONDAY!!! Why? Because they did a great job of promoting it, that's why. If Crobar can do that on a Monday, why can't Privilege do it on a Saturday? The answer is promotion. By doing something different and less mainstream you have to work harder to reach the people who want it. I am in the scene and I would not have known about Danilo except for it being posted on this board.

Don't blame the people for going to see the DJ they knew better and like better...blame the club for not reaching the people who were interrested in their guy. By the way, they posted on this board about Danilo and got 0 responses...how many did Tiesto get?

100% on the money...the one thing I always tell people down here that I notice is lacking with their smaller parties and venues is that they fail to promote it properly. Not enough advance notice, not enough avenues used to get the word out. You cannot expect a successful turnout with one to two weeks notice at the most and poor street, email, ad and various other promotions. The biggest thing for me is people don't seem to know how to start a buzz abot an event.

Guest shannon_coolj.

Er, yeah, I said I was joking in my post...so I really don't feel like I'm "superior" to Tiesto fans.

Did you not see where I said I was joking?

Danilo got 0 responses because hello?? He's not in the commercial top 10! Everyone knows who Tiesto is...

Just because Danilo got 0 posts doesn't mean he is more or less superior than Tiesto. It's a different ball game ...