Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats the deal with "Moscow"?

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

i dont know jack about it, i just heard the name. whats the deal? not sure if there was a thread about it already so dont ream me.

Guest saintjohn

moscow is located on the northwest corner of oakland park boulevard and federal highway in fort lauderdale. it's in the old bungalow nine space.

i was there for the wednesday night pre-pre-opening party, and it's definitely different. the club is russian owned and operated, and the eastern european influence is not an affectation.

moscow has two main dance rooms, plus three open vip areas and two private party rooms. if you like space, you'll probably hate this velvet-curtained nightclub.

the sound and lighting are nothing special, but the emphasis is really on bottle service, not so-called dj culture. also, they've apparently signed on to host the party 93.1 thursday night broadcast for the foreseeable future.

i haven't been back on a regular night yet, but the party i attended there was crowded, upscale, and surprisingly eclectic. i should also add that there were a lot of well-dressed security types.

Guest JMT

moscow is located on the northwest corner of oakland park boulevard and federal highway in fort lauderdale. it's in the old bungalow nine space.

i was there for the wednesday night pre-pre-opening party, and it's definitely different. the club is russian owned and operated, and the eastern european influence is not an affectation.

moscow has two main dance rooms, plus three open vip areas and two private party rooms. if you like space, you'll probably hate this velvet-curtained nightclub.

the sound and lighting are nothing special, but the emphasis is really on bottle service, not so-called dj culture. also, they've apparently signed on to host the party 93.1 thursday night broadcast for the foreseeable future.

i haven't been back on a regular night yet, but the party i attended there was crowded, upscale, and surprisingly eclectic. i should also add that there were a lot of well-dressed security types.

thank you for the detailed review. just one more thing, how was the music?

Guest saintjohn

the music was all over the place when i was at moscow, but that was probably because of the diverse crowd (friends, family, and other non-club people). the thursday night broadcast i heard was fairly typical 93.1 - commercial dance hits mixed together in no particular order (the party mixologists certainly have talent, but i don't happen to share their tastes in music). i expect that moscow will have hip hop in one room on some nights, but i don't know the details yet.

Guest vaughan

I can't believe how fast the names are starting to recycle these days... One of the longest running clubs in Palm Beach was called Moscow and there was a KILLER club in Delray called Revolution about 10 years ago!!!

At least rip off something from ... hmmm... Ibiza?!?!? ::)

Guest web_norah

if it aint broken, dont try to.......

creativity goes a long way! so does longevity in the clubland

I can't believe how fast the names are starting to recycle these days... One of the longest running clubs in Palm Beach was called Moscow and there was a KILLER club in Delray called Revolution about 10 years ago!!!

Well they have:

IBIZA at the Harrison's (411 Washington). It closed after only about 6 months.

They played latin music :o ::)

Space Ibiza - Space Miami

Privilege Ibiza - Privilege Miami

Amnesia Ibiza - Amnesia Miami (now Opium)

Guest durrtylexx

In South America (Bogota)they copy South Beach club names like Liquid and Opium... So its a never ending circle..its all good....There was a Liquid in Orlando aswell. :P

Guest Cosmigonon

oh yeah.... There's a Liquid, Level and Space in Cuba.. ;D

...not really :P

Waitm theres also a Liquid in Panama...

Guest macboy

Well they have:

IBIZA at the Harrison's (411 Washington). It closed after only about 6 months.

They played latin music :o ::)

Space Ibiza - Space Miami

Privilege Ibiza - Privilege Miami

Amnesia Ibiza - Amnesia Miami (now Opium)

One of the original owners of Amnesia Miami was once one of the owners of Amnesia Ibiza.

As for Moscow, I hope it's better than Bungalow 9. Checked that place out when I first moved here and thought it was blah. Hated the layout. I can only hope they did something with the place besides slap on a new name.

Guest VeLeNoRoSa

If i owned a club i would call it "Eclips"....As for now..... ::)

I am just sleeping and dreaming about it. :-\

Guest web_norah

so lets copy names from all the old glory days -thats very original!

i'll start a club called Twilo, since it was great here in NYC ::)

Guest durrtylexx

so lets copy names from all the old glory days -thats very original!

i'll start a club called Twilo, since it was great here in NYC ::)

I'll start one called Luv, for the Luv of EDM music. ;D

Guest durrtylexx

Yo Weston whats up ith the name changes dogg....are your trying to confuse people

hahahahah just having fun dawg... :P