Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hypothetically?

Guest pod

Guest endymion

Lyrik, if it were hypothetically our policy that aid is counterproductive because they will just spend it on arms, then how does it serve our policy to encourage Japan and South Korea to send money?

Guest lyrik

Lyrik, if it were hypothetically our policy that aid is counterproductive because they will just spend it on arms, then how does it serve our policy to encourage Japan and South Korea to send money?

Oops my bad mis-understood something previously posted...I thought you were saying we are giving aid to SK and Japan to build their military. Well anyways it obviously is just my opinion, but I would be reluctant as a leader to extend any more of my countries financial aid to a country where we have tried this before and subsequently are now building weapons as a result...I am on the fence about encouragement to the SK and Japan to do so...but can only assume that they are being urged to this because they are more closely affected by the North Koreans then we are...and as a result could strengthen relations directly between the 3 without direct US financial intervention.

Guest endymion

The big fear with Saddam that even I acknowledge was that if he had WMD then he was living in a world where there were people who would like to get his WMD. We were way more concerned about him selling some nerve gas to Ansar al Islam than we were about him coming after us himself.

North Koreans are starving. They really do have nuclear weapons. The temptation to sell out is high when your people are literally starving to death. The regime is openly hostile to the US. To me that represents a clear and present danger. If not for the mess in Iraq and the Islamist militants that we have pissed off worldwide it would be our single most critical national security issue on the checklist right now.

Starving North Koreans selling fissionable material to terrorists is more likely in my opinion than Saddam selling arms to the fundamentalists that he worked so hard to oppress. They could have used those arms against him just as easily as the US and he didn't need the money.

That's the reasoning behind sending aid to North Korea and vowing not to attack.

Guest swirlundergrounder

The big fear with Saddam that even I acknowledge was that if he had WMD then he was living in a world where there were people who would like to get his WMD. We were way more concerned about him selling some nerve gas to Ansar al Islam than we were about him coming after us himself.

North Koreans are starving. They really do have nuclear weapons. The temptation to sell out is high when your people are literally starving to death. The regime is openly hostile to the US. To me that represents a clear and present danger. If not for the mess in Iraq and the Islamist militants that we have pissed off worldwide it would be our single most critical national security issue on the checklist right now.

Starving North Koreans selling fissionable material to terrorists is more likely in my opinion than Saddam selling arms to the fundamentalists that he worked so hard to oppress. They could have used those arms against him just as easily as the US and he didn't need the money.

That's the reasoning behind sending aid to North Korea and vowing not to attack.

Kim Jong Il like his father doesn't care about his people. He only cares about taking care of the less than 1% of the N. Korean's population that is severly brainwashed and loyal to his party... Kim Jong Il doesnt care about selling WMD's in order to take care of his people. The people who are starving in that country don't know about any other life outside of their own becuz of NK's isolation and lack of contact with the rest of the world. Kim Jong Il's regime grows opium instead of crops to feed their people. What Kim Jong Il'

s regime is concerned about is making sure that they have a stock pile of WMD's to launch at South Korea incase of a US invasion to commit a coup and oust Kim Jong Il and his regime from power....

That what him and his regime fear the most! They can give a shit if their people starve to death.....!!!!!