Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Military draft or volunteerism?

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

I was wondering what you guys think of re-instating the draft or volunteering to fight against the war on terror? Basically I'm asking that question already having an idea that most of you... would hate to lose your consumer... hedonistic loving freedoms to go fight for anything. How many of you are down to patrol the 120 degree fahrenheit streets of Iraq under fear of being gunned down or beheaded? If the threat we face is so dire... then how comes the most prominent advocates of war on this board aren't serving or have never served in the armed forces? The U.S. Military is looking for more recruits and facing shortages... help your nation and back up your words by volunteering. Troops are dying and having their tour of duty extended in far flung places and the homeland is worried about Tiesto performing at Club Space or some other entertainment mediocrity.

I for one would like to see Saleen serving in uniform... lol... even that sounds funny... Saleen in uniform... haha. Saleen are you a sideline hero? You know they don't serve grey poupon in MRE's right?

dude, you perception of me is really off. Not only would I go if asked, I would proudly go. I'm not scared of much in this world and you'd be shocked how tough the saleen really is.

PS, I tried to enter the airforce to be a pilot, but my eye sight prevented me from ever flying a jet, so I didn't go. But my roomate did. Funny thing is, I hit 700 in a season, so my eyesight can't be that bad. But my roomate who flys the c130 out of japan and is in the slot for a AC 130 Gunship, couldn't figure out how to drive my 5.0 with a center force clutch. kept stalling it.. go figure...

ps, we won't need a draft any time soon. once iraq is fixed, we are pulling troops out of korea. thats 37 grand right there.

Guest Clarisa

As a woman I wouldn't mind serving this country.

Doesn't selective service fall somewhere near this topic?

Guest bcnjunkie

For a worthy cause, no problem. For a senseless war, problem. For the invasion of France, would be the first in line ;D

Guest endymion

marquee2.jpg

Taken June 22nd, 2004 in Oakland, CA for this blog

Here are links to S.89 and H.R.163. I am also curious why nobody is talking about these bills. They are intended to authorize a draft for Americans aged 18 to 26, including females.

"Universal National Service Act of 2003 - Declares that it is the obligation of every U.S. citizen, and every other person residing in the United States, between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a two-year period of national service, unless exempted, either as a member of an active or reserve component of the armed forces or in a civilian capacity that promotes national defense. Requires induction into national service by the President. Sets forth provisions governing: (1) induction deferments, postponements, and exemptions, including exemption of a conscientious objector from military service that includes combatant training; and (2) discharge following national service.

Amends the Military Selective Service Act to authorize the military registration of females."