Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's REview of Hernan Caettaneo @ Space

Bling

First of all let me say i even think ive gone nuts this weekend. btw crobar 7 hrs and tonite from 11-7 am my body is on fire .... :-X

I must give my props to the junkies cuz they were the only ones in attendance tonite. CJ in da hizhouseeeeeeeeeee...

Oscar G opening set

Oscar started the nite off right. AS always oscar is throwin down the good stuff. nice vocals, nice banging choons.... no complaints .... oscar is da man.......

First person I bump into is Zero, as we waited till like 1215 till they opened the main room... Ugh.. we were packed like sardines in that hallway..

So I get inside and start to dance my ass off on the platform for a good amount of time.. Then i bump into the beautiful and best damn dancer ive seen in a long time... HappyKandy(Melissa)..... who was wearing this little black dress and I do mean little.... very sexy :o so we get to dancing to oscar on the platform along with Zero..... good times........

Little bit later on bump into Diego, Trancelator, Andrew Chibale, zacchius(i think thats how u spell it.... doesnt really post much )... and others..

Hernan set

I wish i could tell u he was great but...... he was reallly bad IMHO. the set went nowhere. it was a flashback to his opening set on Perfecto nite for Oakenfold, albeit a bit better.

No energy at all like the last main room set. It was pure progressive.... he brought the energy level down a lot from where Oscar put it..... I was disappointed. Even Koky would agree with me i am sure if he was there..... :(

Nevertheless I had a great time thanks to all the people on CJ. around 330 i was heading out cuz i was getting a tired, when i bump into Lily, level, and Sasha (IMalwaysdancing)

It was my pleasure to meet u sasha, very sweet young lady... i know u were not feeling the hernan set also.... im gonna drag u out to edgar v one day at crobar then ull have some energy :) (even if ur not a trancehead....... heh), ull dance ur butt off.

Also cool to see buster and A3 tv in the house. He got HappyKandy dancing on tv and he even got me on tv omg i need to find out when this airs LOL ....... I bet i look moronic dancing but its all good ;D

Had a great time chillin with the beautiful lilly as always. ;) had a great time dancing with you . it made a mediocre nite of music (except oscar of course who rocked it) a very nice evening/morning for me.

So yeah i end up stayin a lot longer then i should have. The main reason I knew I was there a longgggggggg time was when i bumped into LISALOCA in the patio...... we never see each other cuz we go at completely different times. she normally goes for afterhours till close......

Pod was very gracious to take a pic of the CJ crew in attendance . very nice pic.... it will make nice wallpaper on my PC :)

Oscar G's closing main room set was great he picked it up where he left off a few hrs before and def brought it home.

Roly outside was just being roly. playing that funky stuff u only here on the Space patio...... (that be some damn good music... good seeing u again)

Big shout out to the good lookin couple from orlando that reads our boards. Kelly and her boyfriend ( feel so bad i cant remember ur name) . I was chillin by the bathrooms waiting to use it when this really cute girl says to me "hey ur bling. ur a club legend" I dont thik of my as a club legend but thanks for the very kind words.. Keep on reading its only gonna get more and more interesting im sure.

So yeah im insane i cant believe i partied this much this weekend. lol

oh well it was fun......

Guest web_norah

good review Bling

now i am sure the rest will tell you it was "epic" LOL

i just dont understand why Space always books the same djs, all the time ....for example.........why dont they book Stryke and other jocks that play ten times better than a guest dj? i just dont get it

Guest ramon

good review Bling

i just dont understand why Space always books the same djs, all the time ....for example.........why dont they book Stryke and other jocks that play ten times better than a guest dj? i just dont get it

we'll have to wait to hear stryke play in miami norah .. im hating it down here seriously. I'd like to see James Holden play @ Space .. he's on Bullitt now so I'm hoping it will happen.

Hopefully I'll see you in Sept for the Cosmic Twins.

good review Bling

lately the house djs that have come into space have been blown away by the residents.. tiesto delieverd but lawler and now hernan were horrific.

the nite woulda kicked ass if oscar did a marathon set but oh well :-\

Guest durrtylexx

I'd like to see James Holden play @ Space .. he's on Bullitt now so I'm hoping it will happen.

WERD

Guest happykandy

Yo, Bling, what's up????? Dude, last night was a strange night! I don't know, I just wasn't feeling the whole vibe! I was expecting shit to be like last weekend, but at one point I felt like going to sleep! Like when you and I were dancing on the platforms, everyone was sitting there like, "Uhhhh let me sit here and look stupid, like I got a stick up my ass" It was soooo annoying!! Why the hell are you going to go to a club and just stand on the dancefloor with your arms crossed???

Hernan started to pick up the pace a little and threw down some house and shit. People started dancing more. Geez. Hahaha, did I tell you that that one chick I kissed asked me to come home with here??? hahaha...no thanks buddy! Good times.

Oh well, I think we made the best of the night. I wanted to stay to go on the patio, but my friends found me and they wanted to leave. I guess it was a good thing because I was lacking sleep anyways and if I would have came alone, I would have stayed till the very end. My shoes were fucking killing my feet! If you find out where the footage of us dancing like dorks is, let me know.

Mel ;)

Guest happykandy

Oh yeah, I just wanted to say hello to everyone I met from cooljunkie last night. I don't remember everyones profile name excpet for Zero. My apologies.

Guest web_norah

good review Bling

we'll have to wait to hear stryke play in miami norah .. im hating it down here seriously. I'd like to see James Holden play @ Space .. he's on Bullitt now so I'm hoping it will happen.

Hopefully I'll see you in Sept for the Cosmic Twins.

variety is the spice of music (not just life!)

you better come for the Cosmic Twins or PS1 thing

Guest DJTeKWReK

Bling, it was great to finally meet u last night.. wish i coulda met some more of ya'll.. (I think i saw Andrew, but i wasnt sure... lol). Anyways, OG did a great job warming me up while chilling for Hector's birthday VIP (open bar till 12!!! ;) ). We had bottles all nite which was nice. I saw people at Space i havent seen in years, which was really weird. When 5:30

rolled around, and they didnt open the patio, i saw POD and he told me that Hernan had no patio set, and i was already tired at hell, so i prepared to leave. Then, i met a russian chick (victoria i think) who was cool, and told me that they did finally put AC in the patio... (2 fans!?!?) Well, when i got out there, the rain was comin down a little, and the fans were blowin it on me 2, so I decided it was time to close it out. Roly rocks it, but Ill see him WEDNESDAY!!!!! On the ride home, I saw the fires out by my house in W. Kendall, and the smoke was so bad that i literally started choking when I went to walk into my house, and my eyes were watering... Who ever set those fires deserves a giant kick in the balls. Ne ways, on the subject of Hernan... WTF? It was OK, but there was no Horn to blow and no Nitro to light off cause he just couldnt bring it to that level... Anyway, it was a good night in all... and I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves too!

Bling, it was great to finally meet u last night.. wish i coulda met some more of ya'll.. (I think i saw Andrew, but i wasnt sure... lol). Anyways, OG did a great job warming me up while chilling for Hector's birthday VIP (open bar till 12!!! ;) ). We had bottles all nite which was nice. I saw people at Space i havent seen in years, which was really weird. When 5:30

rolled around, and they didnt open the patio, i saw POD and he told me that Hernan had no patio set, and i was already tired at hell, so i prepared to leave. Then, i met a russian chick (victoria i think) who was cool, and told me that they did finally put AC in the patio... (2 fans!?!?) Well, when i got out there, the rain was comin down a little, and the fans were blowin it on me 2, so I decided it was time to close it out. Roly rocks it, but Ill see him WEDNESDAY!!!!! On the ride home, I saw the fires out by my house in W. Kendall, and the smoke was so bad that i literally started choking when I went to walk into my house, and my eyes were watering... Who ever set those fires deserves a giant kick in the balls. Ne ways, on the subject of Hernan... WTF? It was OK, but there was no Horn to blow and no Nitro to light off cause he just couldnt bring it to that level... Anyway, it was a good night in all... and I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves too!

damn forgot u in my review i knew i missed someone good meeting u as well bro ......

Guest zero

Oh yeah, I just wanted to say hello to everyone I met from cooljunkie last night. I don't remember everyones profile name excpet for Zero. My apologies.

nice to meet u happykandy, you sure can move i could hardly keep up ... and great chilling with bling man even though the music wasnt that good it was still crazy... diego always a pleasure hope you finally got that picture of hernan ha you need to put a flash on ur phone .... luis cool to see you again wish i could of stayed longer to see roland spin on the patio he always tears it up, but my damn hip hop friends always wanted to go to hip hop and ended up leaving to go to purty lounge >:( wtf but hey what can i do... hope to see ya ppl soon and for the other cj i saw .. my memory is horrible....

Guest durrtylexx

You are complaining about Hernan..Another sad story of how Miami and some people on here don't know much about music...Hernan spins prog house..Not Tech House or Hard House...Prog house....What were you guys expecting? I think the horns are over done.Last week, thats all they did every 5 minutes horns, and smoke all night long..Learn about the DJ before you go to a club and check him out..Perhaps Hernan should have spun at a club like Nerve..Thats the problem I have with space cadets, they just want to hear horns and jump up and down like idiots..They don't understand the music, they just want to get high and party..

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

You are complaining about Hernan..Another sad story of how Miami and some people on here don't know much about music...Hernan spins prog house..Not Tech House or Hard House...Prog house....What were you guys expecting? I think the horns are over done.Last week, thats all they did every 5 minutes horns, and smoke all night long..Learn about the DJ before you go to a club and check him out..

Hey Phunky, relax a minute lol, why you getting so frustrated? It's not that big of a deal, lol.

I would have to say that i was very disappointed with Hernan's set as well, not because of the fact that it was progressive house but because it was a boring set, for me it did not go anywhere. Also, Hernan is not only known for being a progressive house dj..that is where he gets his influences from, but he is popular for his wicked vocals and tribal additions, which were completely lacking on Sat. I have a cd of one of his sets from last year that blows the music from Saturday away. Everyone is entitled to their opinions ofcourse, and i would agree with you that most of the time the horns at Space are completely annoying and overdone, but at the same time seeing everyone freak out is what makes Space fun(funny) and unique. Anyway, there are many more nights ahead but you might not want to let things like this get you so wrowled (spelling?) up..its not worth it. Have a great Monday. :)

-S

Guest LeVeL

Overall Hernan is another of those overated house dj's but one thing I disagree with the most of you about is that Hernan didn't disapoint in my opinion. One thing I have learned about Hernan's sets over the years is that you have to appreciate his sets. You cant judge the man because of one so-par performance. He played a lot of interesting tracks, significantly staying away from anthems. The only anthem he played was Skylarks remix of Shout but I still danced my ass off all night. Sometimes you just cant worry about about what the dj is spinning and just dance and enjoy your time out on a late night.

This is what totally made my night. 8)

Now for the tune of the night for me was when Oscar G spun Mark Normans- Overkill after Hernan had gotten off the decks, what a way to give the crowd a nasty ass kickin', I just love it when house dj's spin trance.

Big shout out to the Junkie's in the fucking hizouse. And by the way thanks to Pod for taking a shot of the junkie crew at the patio. Nothing but good times......

Guest fairyDust

Hernan's set was oK, not even close to his last terrace set, so I was a little disappointed, and so were my friends, nobody was really feeling it, still had a fun night, as always cool hanging out with the junkies, eventhough I missed a couple of you, nice meeting Sasha (IMalwaysdancing) had a blast hanging with ya! 8)

you guys are all craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy :P

hernan freakin tore it up, blew me away. definitely the best set i've seen since wmc. i was bouncing around from start to finish, couldn't stop dancing for more than 30 seconds. and finishing me off with jd davis - closer to me....... :o :o :o ;D

i dunno....maybe what he spins is just exactly what i like in music. but i thought the evening was INCREDIBLE.

what was up with the patio being closed for so long? my friends wanted to get out of there at about 5:30 because it was still closed.

lilly, luis....you guys were there? where? ;D

Guest fairyDust

lilly, luis....you guys were there? where? ;D

...everywhere! where were you I was looking for ya!

i saw u for a quick second but then lost u ...

did u all notice that after about 20 min into hernan's set it got a lot more empty in the main room........ looks like the crowd was of the same opinion as most of us here, that the set was weak.

i saw u for a quick second but then lost u ...

did u all notice that after about 20 min into hernan's set it got a lot more empty in the main room........ looks like the crowd was of the same opinion as most of us here, that the set was weak.

i didn't even notice the crowd, i was enjoying the music so much :P

I have seen Cattaneo twice first time he was great...very chilled, "rolling" music if you will. It wasnt bangin but thats not what hes about. The secnd time I saw him his set just didnt seem to have a durection. I wasnt there this time but if you guys were looking for bangin music with horns...you wont find it with Hernan. Try getting his cd.

Guest web_norah

on a separate note............

Mr POD - nice jobs on those photos -good stuff :

loved the artsy shots especially!

Guest ddg

id like to say that this is the 4th or 5th time ive seen hernan this year alone and he did disappoint me....not many vocals and not much tribal....he played (imo) about 5 stand out tracks....skylark remix of shout (which was nice to hear in the main room), he played a track of his renaissance cd 1, he played a track off of lawlers first lights out (which he banged it out) and he finished off with Chab-closer to me (hey ryan, its chab, not jd davis)......i wish he would have played "all i know" or some other stand out tracks, but oh well...the vibe on the main floor wasnt as crazy as it has been..but oh well.....i had a great time with my crew (jamie, zack and kate ) and great seeing ryan, luis, bling, patrick and zero....but what made my night (morning ) great was roland....since they opened the patio up late this time (around 6 i think) my group was getting kinda tired of waiting, but im glad we did....roland played some jammy jams (pasilda, da hype with robert smith vox, two months off - yep, you missed it ryan, and my fav tune right now static revenger- so high... :o :o)

hernan is still da man ;)