Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any CSI fans?

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

the actors who play Sarah and Nick were both fired for breach of contract, apparently they asked for more money. i wonder if they will write them out or just bring in new people to replace them.

Guest macboy

Yeah, I saw that. Sucks when you don't have the power and you don't realize it. Great show (I love CSI Miami much more) butcharacters like that are very easy to write out of the show since there are many great actors dying to get on a top rated program. Who knows, maybe this will turn out like Law & Order. Replacing main characters every 4 years or so.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I like CSI Miami more so than the CSI that takes place in Vegas. David Carusso's character Horattio and Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes are 2 people you wouldn't want to see at your front door.....That's when you know you did something wrong.... :o

Guest swirlundergrounder

CSI Miami is ten million times better, and not just because it is Miami. 8)

There's better scenery in CSI Miami, plus I think that CSI Miami is more believable than the one in Las Vegas. I wonder what CSI New York will be like.

Guest JMT

the story and characters are MUCH better on the original CSI! you guys are just biased. but i admit the scenery is better in miami. caruso is a shitty actor.

Guest swirlundergrounder

the story and characters are MUCH better on the original CSI! you guys are just biased. but i admit the scenery is better in miami. caruso is a shitty actor.

I like the crimes in CSI Miami better than the Vegas one.

Guest endymion

I like to watch for locations I recognize but I can barely stand how idiotic the science in CSI Miami is. Tonight they handed a vehicle data recorder from an accident to their lab tech and before he was finished with his 'wow these things are neat' sentence he already had a 3D wireframe model of the accident vehicle on his lab workstation. Five seconds later and he finds the slot in the data recorder where it listed the specific street name where the accident was.

Every show has just dumb idiotic Hollywood moment like that after another. I used to play a drinking game at my place where we would drink any time some asinine crap like that would happen on CSI. Had to stop, got way too drunk.

Guest pod

Oh, I see that all the time...some of the techniques have a sound basis in science, but they are obviously glamourized for the TV show.

The obvious stuff, like how a CSI person drives an H2, and the HQ looking like an office for a software company or something.

The one episode that got me was the episode where the paparazzi guy was killed, and they figured a lot out by analyzing his film. First off, very few if any photojournalists use film nowadays. Second off, the resolution of 35mm film is debatable at best, and there's no way in hell they could extract the information they did from a small corner of the frame. It would have been a little more plausible if they recovered his memory card and did some TV science on the files.

Oh, and they're always using Nikon too. Weirdos. That's actually accurate though...the CSI guys here on the beach use old Nikon film SLRs.

Guest macboy

Come on, what do you guys expect? They have to solve the crime in 44 minutes, excluding commercials. At least it's not as bad as the old Matlock shows, where the witness blurts out on the stand "I did it!!!!!!!!!"

Guest endymion

I refuse to believe that they are forced by the 45-minute constraint into making a show that's based on pure idiocy. Law & Order at least makes some attempt to produce believable episodes.

The only way that CSI Miami makes any sense at all is if that Caruso guy is has some kind of omniscience superpowers or something. He makes these huge deductive leaps based on virtually no evidence. With 100% confidence. It's completely asinine.

"This... blood spot... right HERE, three feet up the gunwale of this boat means that the attacker stood right.... HERE and fired a vintage 1950's speargun THROUGH the ancient relic that we're looking for, impaling our victim throught the left kidney at a 72 degree angle. [cue Dr Wizard computer animation of human kidney impaled by 1950's vintage spear]. That means that our killer has a 31 inch waist and dark green eyes and he just boarded a plane bound for Boise, Idaho. WE HAVE TO STOP THAT PLANE!!!!"

Scooby Doo is less insulting to my intelligence.

Guest pod

Zoiks!

I'm still pissed that they chose to endorse Nikon though. There's something just wrong about that.

Some friends of mine work on the show though, so I support CSI:Miami 100%.

two things

1. he can be that good in a city like Miami where the crime rate is higher than the HS graduation rate. I'm sure a real detective can peice things tegether like a puzzle and make real world assumptions.

2. the two guys working the lesbo killing with the jeep, TELL ME THOSE TWO ARE NOT DEAD RINGERS FOR MURK!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

two things

1. he can be that good in a city like Miami where the crime rate is higher than the HS graduation rate. I'm sure a real detective can peice things tegether like a puzzle and make real world assumptions.

2. the two guys working the lesbo killing with the jeep, TELL ME THOSE TWO ARE NOT DEAD RINGERS FOR MURK!!!!

;D

Guest endymion

That Jeep was still just sitting there on top of the fire hydrant that it ran over HOURS after the traffic guys finished the investigation. It was just conveniently sitting there still, half-way in a traffic lane, when they decided that they needed to go back and collect more evidence.

They get there and they find the woman's bloodstained shirt that the medics cut off laying in the middle of the road. If they cut it off then why was she wearing a sexy little white wifebeater when she woke up in the body bag in the perfectly-lit morgue?

And it's always sunset in Miami?

Sorry man I just can't handle stuff like that. It's a beautiful show, the production is amazing. Everything always looks so trendy and stylish, I love that. The stories just suck though.

Oh, the fire/rescue station by Flamingo Park off of 11th in South Beach has a gray H2 that looks exactly like the one in the show. Not CSI but still real funny, I saw it for the first time after bitching about how stupid and unrealistic that H2 was.

i agree about the jeep and the frame for the navigator. me and my roomie said the same thing as soon as it happend, though this does mean we are paying close attention and that is why it's the #1 show on tv.

Though i'm a car guy, and those black boxes will get you locked the fuck up! go to your dealer and have them removed or remove it yourself. all vettes had their modified in 1997 when owners started to return them. They don't even need a warrant to open them.