Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ricky Williams retires

Guest klit

Guest endymion

the fans loved him, and he fucked the team bu leaving like this.

His fans don't love him. They love his ability to put a football into an end zone. They could give a shit about him. The simple fact that his fans are acting surprised that he left is simple proof that they don't know jack about him, they only know his running yardage stats.

Guest durrtylexx

the fans loved him, and he fucked the team bu leaving like this.

His fans don't love him. They love his ability to put a football into an end zone. They could give a shit about him. The simple fact that his fans are acting surprised that he left is simple proof that they don't know jack about him, they only know his running yardage stats.

I don't give a fuck about him anymore.He left us in the worst possible way.The Dolphins gave up 2 1rst round picks for him and he was treated like a god down here..Fuck him he's a fucking cry baby quitter..I don't respect people that run away from their problems or duties.As a man I think he's a coward.

Guest LeVeL

I don't give a fuck about him anymore.He left us in the worst possible way.The Dolphins gave up 2 1rst round picks for him and he was treated like a god down here..Fuck him he's a fucking cry baby quitter..I don't respect people that run away from their problems or duties.As a man I think he's a coward.

I agree with Phunky on this one, If I ever see his car parked on Valet. I am going to puke over it for he can have a fucked up paint job. But knowing him I believe he'll be moving out of Miami very soon because the people are going to hate his ass.

[move]Fuck Ricky Williams and Fuck the Jets[/move]

Now the least we can do is try to ruin the Jets season since ours is ruined time for us to turn the tide. But something will give, I think Ricky William might come back after a couple of weeks of seeing the NFL season start. As a burn-out I think we will get to his sense's then. But fuck him anyways.

Guest endymion

Continuing to get yourself literally beaten up on a weekly basis for a bunch of people who you increasingly realize don't care about what's best for you is cowardly. That's what Mike Tyson did and we were just talking about how sad and pathetic his life has become. Getting out of that situation took strength and courage and more self-awareness than most people have.

Williams' fans are upset because they made the mistake of depending on a person after paying attention just to the stats on his resume without looking at the whole person. He was warning that he was a flight risk the whole time but his fans looked only at his running stats, not at the person. That was a mistake, you hired the wrong guy, better luck next time.

People are interested in his personal life now that he has quit. They are only interested now because all they want to do is dig up dirt on him so that they can call him a stonerloserpussyquitter. That says to me that he made the right call when he decided to bail.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah but look at the timing Tech, he literally ruined our season now. Its a little too late for us to rebuild now. And its a little too late for us to grab a running back free agent. It will take them some time for them to get to know the offensive scheme. It is a horrible experience and a Team nightmare. This is a little selfish Tech you have to atleast realize that, I know he must of been thinking of retiring or quiting for some time now. He didn't just wake up and say I want to retire. A very bad move on his part to leave like he did, he doesn't have no consideration for the other 52 players on the active roster.

Guest endymion

You have a date who constantly tells you what to do for her own selfish reasons and who doesn't care about you, you dump her. You don't feel bad about it because she didn't care about you anyway. Miami just got dumped.

I have been wondering if leaving in the middle of the season like this might be a self-control technique. A way to lock himself out. I have a friend who left his wife recently who immediately bought a bunch of new furniture to make sure that he was financially locked into the decision to leave. Ricky Williams destroyed his credibility as a football player by leaving while people were depending on him. The pressure will be a lot less intense on him to be any kind of pro athlete when he decides to come back to the US because he's not a good bet as a new hire. That is what he says that he wants.

If you are fighting against a bunch of people who are so blinded by your athletic success that they can't see you, then the best way to combat that is to eliminate that part of your life completely. If your fans who are goo-goo for your autograph are the biggest thing holding you back, then what better way to escape from their clutches than by doing something that makes them never want you back?

So now he's in Asia, enjoying his time to himself and not taking calls from pissed off football fans in Florida. This is consistent with Miami getting dumped like a bad date.

Guest JMT

thats what sports are all about. liking the player for hus success, sometimes just his effort, on the field of play.

in that context, the fans LOVED him, they chanted his name all the time. he fucked the team (franchise, fans and teammates) by leaving at this time. plain and simple. if he wanted to leave he should have done it months ago.

Guest dino

You have a date who constantly tells you what to do for her own selfish reasons and who doesn't care about you, you dump her. You don't feel bad about it because she didn't care about you anyway. Miami just got dumped.

One problem. Your date doesn't pay you millions of dollars to hang out with her. You are forking out the cash for her. I understand your point, but bad example.

without the fans rickey would be just another gay black dude with a bad hair cut smoking pot.

the fans made him who he is.

the fans bought his jersey, which he gets a cut of

the fans put the money in his bank accout for him to smoke the good shit

the fans put the money in his bank account so he can leave and travel in asia.

the fans in sports make them who they are. he turned his back on the very people who gave him lifestyle that he has, and his running to japan is proof he is running away and is a confused person who is searching like he's fucking cat stevens.

MJ would never do this.

Earnheart would never do this

Joe D never did this

Mikey Mantle never did this

Nolan Ryan never did this

Dan Marnio never did this

Troy Aikman and John elway never did this.

point being, winners win, losers cut and run.

Guest trancelator

All true but the one problem for Dolphins fans: Ricky doesn't give a rat's ass about winning and he could care less about people's opinions. But fear not Dolfans, Edgerrin James is on the way...next season.

Guest endymion

People here calling him a pussy is to be expected. I don't think that he is because I know that life is more important than football but I'm not surprised.

Whether he's a pussy or not he's not the one who made a mistake. His life is better now. The people in Miami who counted on him to do something that he was telling them that he didn't want to do are the ones who made a mistake.

Guest durrtylexx

All true but the one problem for Dolphins fans: Ricky doesn't give a rat's ass about winning and he could care less about people's opinions. But fear not Dolfans, Edgerrin James is on the way...next season.

The Edge rocks BUT, he's always injured.I rather have a young draft pick or someone like Ladanian Thompson or a proven winner like Priest Holmes :)....

Guest JMT

The Edge rocks BUT, he's always injured.I rather have a young draft pick or someone like Ladanian Thompson or a proven winner like Priest Holmes :)....

no such luck for us this year.

i want the #1 pick in '05!!!

Guest JMT

saleen is totally right, the guy is/was a professional athlete. the manner in which he did what he did is "socially" unacceptable in the world of sports. if you arent a sports fan, you will never get it.

Guest endymion

Maybe I don't get it because I'm not a sports fan but the problem is that Ricky Williams doesn't get it because he isn't a pro football fan. The fan logic that says that football is the only thing that matters is not the logic that drives Ricky Williams. He's quitting a job that sucks more for him every day.

Miami had the opportunity to count on a running back who is a fan and who does think that football is the only thing that matters. They would have been a lot better off with a guy like that but they picked Ricky Williams instead. Oh well, not his mistake.

You guys are saying that this guy is showing a character flaw by leaving. I'm saying that the character flaw in question was apparent the whole time and nobody gave a shit as long as he ran his ass off every week. He was open about his lack of dedication to the game, Miami hired him anyway. They tried to fit a square peg in a round hole for selfish reasons and it blew up in their faces. It's wrong to try to shift the blame to the square peg when the blame lies on the people stupidly trying to make it fit.

Guest trancelator

i'm really looking forward to seeing what travis minor will do. and he will do great things.

You know a great collegiate product when you see it. ;D

Guest LeVeL

Travis Minor was an okay player when he was in Florida State. But ever since he came to the Dolphins he has been in the shadow of Ricky Williams. I personally hope he gets his game up to par but I dont see him making too much of an impact of this offense. I see the Dolphins becoming a mainly passing offense and they would use Minor on fakes to fool the defense but thats about it.

tech, like you said, you don't follow sports, thus you'll never get it. No one is saying you are wrong, but what was wrong is his timming.

You don't quit your job when CJ has a major launch do ya? You stick it through, until such time as your co workers can replace you.

Guest endymion

Because I'm really into what I do. His timing is only 'wrong' in the context of people who are really into football. He isn't.

His timing was 'right' because if he had quit in the off-season then he would spend the next four years of his life dealing with people trying to convince him to play again. Won't happen now. That seems an awful lot like the right move for him to make for himself.

You guys are upset because you feel that a football player should be all for the team and that it was selfish for him to leave. It was indeed selfish, which would have been 'wrong' if he had painted a picture of himself as a die-hard team guy who lived for football. He didn't. Counting on a guy who's clear about being not all that into it was the mistake.

I was a huge football fan once, in college. Just grew out of it. Miami fans are just too shallow and fickle for me to bother wasting any energy rooting for Miami teams. If Danny Wuerffel had quit the Gators in the middle of the 1996 season before taking the national championship then I would have been pretty pissed off. I do get that. If he had been warning the whole time that he really needed to take some time off from football to study for his chemistry exams and then he really did that then it would have been a lot harder to get so upset about it.

I just think that Miami fans suck for disrespecting their own teams and players and they got exactly what they deserved for it. I'm the only one who notices the entire stadium booing at mistakes during Dolphins games? Who does that to their own players? Miami got its ass dumped by Ricky Williams and now he's not taking calls. Boo hoo, you get what you ask for. Now it's time for Miami to find a new date and treat that one like shit too.

Guest trancelator

Miami got its ass dumped by Ricky Williams and now he's not taking calls. Boo hoo, you get what you ask for. Now it's time for Miami to find a new date and treat that one like shit too.

Miami already found one, Tech. Shaquille O'Neal will be the next one to break hearts. ;)